Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Source: Santana Moss to be Free Agent

Killbox

The contract of Washington Redskins wide receiver Santana Moss voids this week, five days after the Super Bowl, making him an unrestricted free agent whenever there is a new collective bargaining agreement, according to a league source.

Moss restructured his contract in 2009 and included a clause that said his contract will automatically void five days after Super Bowl XLV.

Full article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6095541

I hope he stays.. I just can't imagine Tana playing some where else nor CP. The days of the end of the three kings are finally coming to an end here.

Don't Kings usually have jewelry and riches to show for their crusades? I mean really I hope he stays but don't crown him king, if he wants to gather a kings ransom let him go, he is not that valuable.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went elsewhere. He was implying how tired he was of losing every year.

I'm also getting tired of all of the dropped passes that Moss should have caught. People need to stop putting him on some kinda pedestal like he is great, he's not. He is serviceable but definitely not a number one receiver anymore. It wouldn't bother me at all if he left.

i think with the potential emergence of austin and the potential he has i see him taking up santana's spot..

The Guys had 3 catches. Yes he may have potential, but to say that he would take over 'Tana's spot is ludicrous. 'Tana is an excellent route runner and Austin isn't anywhere near his ability.

Don't Kings usually have jewelry and riches to show for their crusades? I mean really I hope he stays but don't crown him king, if he wants to gather a kings ransom let him go, he is not that valuable.

lol.... I agree with you on that. But thats not what I was tryin to say. Three Kings refuring to the three MIA boys we had in there heydays. Taylor, Portis, and Tana.

i think with the potential emergence of austin and the potential he has i see him taking up santana's spot..

This definitely needs a further, detailed explanation. Otherwise peeps may think you're "challenged".

Mr. Moss, if this is the end, thank you for giving us a lot to cheer about. And being a great person to root for.

You displayed such class when you came here, especially compared to your predecessor, L. Coles. And you stayed classy through what must have been more frustrating than a lot of your peers "go off on": Being the only good WR on our team for most of your career here. More than any other player, you carried the passing game during your tenure. And made us proud to be cheering for you, while doing it.

Thank you.

lol.... I agree with you on that. But thats not what I was tryin to say. Three Kings refuring to the three MIA boys we had in there heydays. Taylor, Portis, and Tana.

Obviously a U fan I gather. I miss Sean dearly, but really out of three if he were still here he would be the only one of them currently that could still take over a game single handedly. I think it is time to let Moss and Portis move on if they want to or they want a bundle. Considering the performace of both, I would say that Moss is worth keeping as a number two wideout. With a decent contract he could finish his career here. My gut tells me the guy has poured his soul into this team and is sick of losing and it might be best for him to move on now.

I think Moss will be back in B&G next year he has become one of the greatest Redskin WR's of all time and has made a name for himself wearing the B&G. Nobody here with a straight face will tell you Moss can't still perform at a high level. Yes he has the drops at times but he is still a home run deep play WR. Plus it seems to me he likes the area and fans to much to leave unless forced out. I would like to see him in the slot more but to his credit Kyle moved him around a lot this past year. HTTR.

yea I agree with everybodys post prior....I think this clause was added by him and his agent to allow him to have an escape to get out of Washington to try to go to a contender. It really sucks because out of alll the veteran players he is one that contributes every game and is our best wideout...really will be hard to fill the void of losing him unless we do get jacoby jones and james jones like a previous poster said. I am also hoping that Kelly comes out this year and stays healthy and is a beast (I know I am being way to optimistic).

I think it's likely he'll be back. They designed a big part of the offense around him this past year and saw that it paid dividends.

Gotta stick with what you know works, and pay him.

I really do hope this happens....I just wonder if Bruce will pay him like he wants...he probably could get around 4 to 6 million a year.

Mr. Moss, if this is the end, thank you for giving us a lot to cheer about. And being a great person to root for.

You displayed such class when you came here, especially compared to your predecessor, L. Coles. And you stayed classy through what must have been more frustrating than a lot of your peers "go off on": Being the only good WR on our team for most of your career here. More than any other player, you carried the passing game during your tenure. And made us proud to be cheering for you, while doing it.

Thank you.

Amen!

If this is Goodbye Santana thank you for the awesome Redskins memories like that Dallas Monday Night Game and for being the player and professional you've been for us for years. We won't ever forget you.

Archived