Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defense for 2011

TrumpenHoff

The 3-4's not going anywhere, and after this off-season is spent getting more players to fit it, I hope it doesn't go anywhere, ever.

Mainly because switching schemes every year or two is the best way to **** up your roster, along with not bringing in enough talented youth. But again, if that talented youth doesn't fit your scheme 2-3 years down the road, you're just constantly rebuilding.

I totally agree with you. we are constantly changing schemes on both sides of the ball. we cant expect to get any continuity with that happening all the time. I hope Bruce Allen stops the free agency spending spree we are used to seeing every offseason with Snyder. We seem to sign and overpay the biggest name regardless if he fits the current system. I say we draft players that fit and im sure we will see results.

I totally agree with you. we are constantly changing schemes on both sides of the ball. we cant expect to get any continuity with that happening all the time. I hope Bruce Allen stops the free agency spending spree we are used to seeing every offseason with Snyder. We seem to sign and overpay the biggest name regardless if he fits the current system. I say we draft players that fit and im sure we will see results.

totally agree....I think we will have a good draft this year and hopefully get two picks from McNabb and Haynesworth trade....the only thing is we will have to sign one or two free agents...if not more because of all the wholes on both sides of the ball...the main reason that I thought they brought in Bruce Allen is to cut back on over spending in free agency....I think we do need to address an interior lineman in free agency, OLB, and FS...so have no problem bringing in free agents just get the best player for the best money that fits the scheme

I hope the 3-4 is here to stay. It's proven to be the superior defense over the last 5 years. As long as we obtain some help up front, I think we have the capability to be a top 10 defense next year. More importantly, we will be able to cause more turnovers and win more close games.

The Redskins were horrible in terms of yardage given up last season. But in every other defensive statistic, we were pretty good. All this defense needs is the right personnel for it. There are jewels in free agency and in the draft that will help retool this 3-4 defense and make it just as good as the Steelers, Jets, or Ravens.

Archived