Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential Starters Next Year

Trippster

Julio Jones would be the 1 WR option at 10 (a slight reach?) and Brandon Harris at CB. But Brandon Harris is definitely a reach at 10.

the only other hope we would have for options is if Prince fell to us, but I doubt it.

JJ Watts is probably not a good fit for our defense. Von Miller is who I would guess we will pick if you forced me right now.

But we already have Von Miller on the roster. From what I hear, JJ Watts is a 3-4 DE that will be able to occupy linemen. Sounds like what we need.

But we already have Von Miller on the roster. From what I hear, JJ Watts is a 3-4 DE that will be able to occupy linemen. Sounds like what we need.

I would think we would convert Von Miller to an ILB.. cause he's supposedly good in coverage.

I don't hate JJ Watt.. but JJ Watt = Adam Carriker. So, same issue there. My main issue with him is he looks slow. DE in the NFL needs to be fast.. cause NFL QB's get the ball out so quickly.. JJ just doesn't appear to have the speed for that, he'd really just be a hole filler for us on running plays.

and JJ played in a 4-3.. not 3-4.

Imagine this for a starting O-Line

LT - Trent Williams - Oklahoma

LG - Mike Williams - Texas

C - Mike Pouncey - Florida - Or Stefen Wisniewski - Penn State - (Whoever available for draft)

RG - Davin Joseph - Oklahoma ( Hopeful Free Agent signing)

RT - Jammal Brown - Oklahoma

All I can say is that a unit of this stature could very well dominate and would prob be a top 3 unit in the game. Imagine Torrain's success running behind these behemoth's? This would finally turn the table around for a franchise whose Achilles heel has been the o-line for as long as we all can remember.

---------- Post added January-18th-2011 at 02:16 PM ----------

Compare that to the o-line we opened / played with this season.

LT - Trent Williams

LG- Dockery / Kory Lichtensteiger

C - Casey Rabach - The Turnstile

RG - Art Hicks / Will Montgomery - Love for depth

RT- Jammal Brown / Stephen Heyer - Heyer played an awful lot due to Brown regaining his health. Brown looked very much like he was regaining form and could have a very promising 2011.

Can't tell me that an upgrade of this caliber would not strike enthusiasm into everybody's blood.

I would think we would convert Von Miller to an ILB.. cause he's supposedly good in coverage.

I don't hate JJ Watt.. but JJ Watt = Adam Carriker. So, same issue there. My main issue with him is he looks slow. DE in the NFL needs to be fast.. cause NFL QB's get the ball out so quickly.. JJ just doesn't appear to have the speed for that, he'd really just be a hole filler for us on running plays.

I'd consider Von MIller if we were going to have him play the Will. I think Riley will be a good fill there and we still would have no viable SAM.

Fact is, we only have one DE, need two. We have no SAM. We have no FS. We probably will have only one of two CBs. I just don't see a Von Miller type being that big of a need. Granted I'll go BPA all the time so if he's the best on the board and can play Will or SAM for us, pick him up. We'd have a liability containing the POA though.

I'd consider Von MIller if we were going to have him play the Will. I think Riley will be a good fill there and we still would have no viable SAM.

Fact is, we only have one DE, need two. We have no SAM. We have no FS. We probably will have only one of two CBs. I just don't see a Von Miller type being that big of a need. Granted I'll go BPA all the time so if he's the best on the board and can play Will or SAM for us, pick him up. We'd have a liability containing the POA though.

What about moving Orakpo back to full time DE.. like he was drafted to do... and making Von Miller the OLB.. which is his position... ?

What about moving Orakpo back to full time DE.. like he was drafted to do... and making Von Miller the OLB.. which is his position... ?

Orakpo is too small to play a 34 end. If Von Miller can stop the run as a Sam, I'd be all for it. He's better in coverage than Orakpo but neither can stop the POA. That's what worries me.

JJ Watt is more like Aaron Smith in respects to what I've seen but we'll see though. If we traded down and took him no worries or complaints out of me. Curious to see what happens with Von Miller and where he ends up going because if he makes it to the 2nd then we definitely will take him because him and Orakpo off the edge would be very good for us

So, do you disagree with Mike Shanahan or do you think he straight up lies?

Eh, considering his size and play, I don't think he is your typical ZB OL. He prefers OL lighter and more nimble IIRC. If Mike Shanahan has gone on record saying otherwise, i'm wrong. Why would I think he's a liar?

I would like to see Malcolm Kelly come back from his hamstring injury and have a solid 2011 season. If Mike Shanahan didn't like Kelly, he would have just released him instead of putting him on IR. It's possible that he can attain a starting job, especially if Santana Moss doesn't re-sign. On defense, I'd like to see Kevin Barnes finally get an opportunity to be a permanent starter at CB.

The last couple of games, Bryant did very well. He wasn't getting pushed back into the secondary. Can the skins build around Bryant? Yes. That's not to say the skins shouldn't draft a NT. But going into next year, Bryant should be the starter. Watch the giants game again. The giants didn't have success around the ground.

---------- Post added January-18th-2011 at 11:15 AM ----------

Phil Taylor, NT Baylor

Also interesting that Carriker's improved play coincided w/ Bryant starting. Of course the Giants having a 3rd string center on the field helped.

A couple thughts ojn the last few pages..

Anthony Bryant... starter at NT is a bit of a misnomer.. the DL is the most substituted position,, starter means maybe 60% of the plays.

So, in that respect, I think he's earned a spot, even if not the starter. He'll make an impact. I liked thye way he crashed down the line on run plays. Lots of hunger and drive in him

I really don't get the optimism about BMW... it's been a LONG time since he ate his way out of the league.. he was a feel good project that didn't exactly show a lot of promise two years ago... it's literally been five years saince he's played meaningful football for any length of time.

I am not sold, I would not want us to count on him to be a starter this year, or ever. If he can earn a backup's job. good for him, but I would certainly not hope we're going to bat with him on the OL unless it's an emergency

~Bang

Archived