Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free gift from the Redskins

adam@section118

Just got home and saw a huge fedex box. Surprised I picked it up and saw it had a return address of "Washington Redskins".

It had a huge panoramic photo of Redskins stadium, and it came with a letter. The letter said they value fan feedback and hope I enjoy the photo and Giants game day program. There was no program in the box, but I could care less. very cool to gift a free gift, even if its only a photo.

Just got home and saw a huge fedex box. Surprised I picked it up and saw it had a return address of "Washington Redskins".

It had a huge panoramic photo of Redskins stadium, and it came with a letter. The letter said they value fan feedback and hope I enjoy the photo and Giants game day program. There was no program in the box, but I could care less. very cool to gift a free gift, even if its only a photo.

When you think of customer service and the Washington Redskins these aren't the things that come to mind.

This sounds like something Bruce Allen would do (not saying he did it personally).

When you think of customer service and the Washington Redskins these aren't the things that come to mind.

This sounds like something Bruce Allen would do (not saying he did it personally).

He did leave a voice mail on my phone, but this is from a different person

---------- Post added January-13th-2011 at 08:39 PM ----------

Did you invoice come with it?

I laughed when I read this on my crackberry. In fact, nothing came but the picture and the letter.

---------- Post added January-13th-2011 at 08:40 PM ----------

I had the photo come in a mailing tube today, It was taken as D. Hall started high-stepping towards the endzone after recovering the cowpie fumble on opening night. I'm getting that business framed.

I just checked. Its the same picture

---------- Post added January-13th-2011 at 08:41 PM ----------

C'mon... you're a premium seat holder, right?

Seeing as I have been out of college 7 months and I can barely afford to pay student loans, no way I could be a premium STH. If I win the lotto I would love to, though!

It definitely does. A while back he took time out of his day to call me (I made a thread about it). In my eyes it wouldnt seem too far fetched to think that he was in some way behind something like this.

To the OP: Will you upload a pic of the pic?

Interesting... because they just had a 40% sale about ten days ago... and the tracking showed the package came from Landover. I bought three 2010 game programs for less than $3 each (I like the photos) among other things. Apparently there is stuff that won't sell that they want to unload, so they're just giving it away randomly.

Interesting... because they just had a 40% sale about ten days ago... and the tracking showed the package came from Landover. I bought three 2010 game programs for less than $3 each (I like the photos) among other things. Apparently there is stuff that won't sell that they want to unload, so they're just giving it away randomly.

Way to put it down, dude probably felt special or happy they gave him something lol

Way to put it down, dude probably felt special or happy they gave him something lol

I think Mark is looking at it from a practical stand point. His observations come from years of study and research on the behavior patterns of the Redskins marketing Dept.

I think Mark is looking at it from a practical stand point. His observations come from years of study and research on the behavior patterns of the Redskins marketing Dept.
:ols:

Actually, I have a dossier on each Redskins employee...

So they just randomly sent you something? I don't get it. How'd they get your address?

Probably from his season ticket account records. That would be my guess.

Seems like season ticket holders get some extra perks after all.

I won a "Fan Pack" from the Home Team Challenge on NFL.com this season and was stoked. I was supposed to get a program, a hat, and an autographed mini-helmet. Long story short, I never recieved it. I contacted the right person at the Redskins. She gave me the tracking number. I had it tracked with FedEx. Eventually, after opening a case with them, and many phone calls, they said were "unable to determine" what happened to it and asked me to have the person at the Redskins file a claim. I contacted the same person, who gave me the tracking number via email and asked if she would do that, and never have gotten any replies again from her. Before that, she emailed me back really consistently and was awesome. That got my hopes up, I guess. I didn't expect much help at all from anyone when I initially started trying to contact the right person. I guess she decided I was lying or something, and just ignored my emails.

Point of this is, as a non-season ticket holder, I found her initial efforts to help surprising and more than I expected, but the end results pretty much what I expected all along. I've been playing the Home Team challenge for years and have won the weekly high score quite a few times. It used to be more of a local thing, where the local news sports anchor would announce the winner and I'd go pick up my prizes from the TV station. At some point, it switched over to the Redskins team actually sending out prizes. Last year, I sent general emails to the Redskins asking about it and never recieved replies. This year, I sent a general email, it was forwarded to the correct person, and she tried to help me (to a point). So customer service is improving to some degree from my viewpoint, at least for us lowlife non-season ticket holders.

Archived