Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Criticism of Ramsey

InstiGATOR

I have in other threads expressed my doubts about Ramsey. I have in a post game thread expressed my view on Spurrier's unusual play calling indicating he is not fully confident yet with his young QB or maybe his OL pass blocking or both.

I do not want to deal with either of those issues in this thread. I want to give Skins fans a heads up. As you know, Spurrier rubs some maybe many people the wrong way. People he rubs the wrong way who are in the NFL want him not to be successful. This means:

1. They will constantly criticize him.

2. Since his forte is said to be QBs, they will constantly criticize the Skins QB. Ramsey played like a young QB last night, but to answer the guy who hoped that maybe Ramsey would not be disrespected like his example, no way. Those Spurrier rubs the wrong way will particularly want to say even if the Skins are winning that it is the defense not the Spurrier coached QB as the reason. [They will also credit talent of nonQBs as the reason for his success as they did when he was at UF.]

3. Notice too that since a particular Heisman winning QB is not currently on the Skins roster, the Spurrier critics needed another way to get at Spurrier and criticizing the young QB he is coaching is the natural way for them to go since they can no longer carp about the guy they think does not belong on the Skins roster.

Unfortunately for Ramsey, this adds up to him likely being criticize more than he deserves. It is not fair to him, but the critics of Spurrier cared not the least about criticizing him through his QBs when he was coaching college kids. It will be worse now that he is coaching pros.

It's an interesting point you are already seeing emerge.

John Madden gave Ramsey the player of the game award for last night's game. Yet, today, he's on the air in New York saying Ramsey just isn't accurate. Actually bypassing the game and simply going to another level to be critical. It's interesting to watch.

Ramsey isn't accurate? WTF is Madden talking about. His QB rating was 98, and his completion percentage was 73% This is his first game as THE MAN. WTF is wrong with Madden? In the second half he struggled behing an offensive line that was playing subpar, and he still managed to be 4/8. What exactly did Ramsey have to do, to be more accurate? NOT MISS A SINGLE PASS?

I only remember seeing one errant throw - the incompletion after the INT.

The big Coles pass was underthrown, but that was because he was running, or rather ducking, for his life.

The only nitpicking I could make about his accuracy is that he's hitting his guys right on as opposed to leading them just a touch to allow for more run after catch yardage.

Madden is fvcking senile. He was cutting edge back in the late 70s, but he's been little more than a simply annoying bloated bag of air for the last decade. The Blimbolonians should stop by earth on their next intergalactic voyage and take their prodigal son back with them to their home world. Clearly, they are one species that has outworn their welcome here on the planet Earth. Blabbilionikus,..er Madden, along with his fellow Blimbolonians Fatserelli and Peter King would have been sent home a long time ago, but there just isn't any warp-capable spaceship here on Earth capable of handling such a heavy payload. ....

You nailed that one Navy. That pick came off of a halftime adjustment where the jets saw something they could take advantage of. Spurrier called a great game and rather than getting Ramsey in a bad situation he switched to the running game and wore down the Jet's D.

I don't want to go over the top and say we are superbowl bound this year bu it is scary to think of how good this offense could be if they start to realy gell.

:cheers:

Originally posted by Art

It's an interesting point you are already seeing emerge.

John Madden gave Ramsey the player of the game award for last night's game. Yet, today, he's on the air in New York saying Ramsey just isn't accurate. Actually bypassing the game and simply going to another level to be critical. It's interesting to watch.

If that's the case, Madden is a jack ass. Am I saying Ramsey is going to complete 73% of his passes all year? NO way, but what the EFFF??

I heard Madden on Mike and the Mad Dog this afternoon. He said that Ramsey is a good young quarterback who needs more snaps and that he has a strong arm but isn't that accurate.

He also said that Spurrier was a pro coach when he was at Florida and he is still a pro coach. He said that Spurrier has learned from his mistakes of last year but he stopped short of saying whether he would be successfull at the pro level.

I think Madden knows he was talking to the NY market and didn't want to offend Jet or Giant fans. That plus I think he secretly hates the Redskins and Dan Snyder.

Archived