Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: five Redskins who need more playing time

themurf

First of all, the fact that Oldfan and I are agreeing more and more these days makes me wonder if I know what I'm talking about anymore. hehehe. ....
I noticed that you seem to be getting smarter lately. That's the one good thing about growing older.:D

Two threads. One of them contained a pretty even split of people agreeing with/disagreeing with the premise of winning for momentum. The other was strictly about winning one game against our arch-rivals. None of the OPs even mentioned playing age over youth.

I would say that there are plenty of fans who would love to see a youth movement over the last 3 weeks.

Some people think that supporting a "youth movement" means throwing young guys against the wall an seeing who sticks. Unfortunately, the best way to truly evaluate a young guy is to have him work with guys whose performance level you know and have him truly believe you are trying to win.

Fred Davis is simply not impressing with the chances he does have . How do you take balls away from Cooley who has proven so much more for longer and is still more productive to see if Davis really has it . . .

I would love to see more Barnes, Austin, Riley and Jarmon as well . IF Mongomery wins the C spot I can see the change comming in the offeseason not now .

Just replacing old for young is not the way to build for the future . . . if it also shows you are quitting on the games . Ifg they keep score then the game is important .

The problem is, he's Orakpo's backup. I assume that switching him to the other side isn't as trivial as people think.

Does Orakpo even come off the field? If so, why?

If so, no wonder our defense sucks. If not, Wilson is just another lost 4-3 guy. The only time I have seen him do anything is on teams. And it hasnt been pretty.

Maybe the time to go to a 3-4 is when a 3-4 team is moving to a 4-3. Largely swap the players.

Moving to the 3-4 when we did has been a disaster.

Good thread/article.....I also wouldn't mind seeing Perry Riley in on more defensive plays. I'm not sure i want them to sign Rocky to a contract. Lets see what we have in the kid.

Bingo! Been waiting for this for weeks. Guy showed good instincts vs the run (in preseason games), and better angles and downhill play than Rocky ever has. May be a bit of a liability in coverage, but heck, Rocky's been out of position countless times there also. I'll be shocked, unpleasantly so, if the Skins resign Rocky. Guy is a WLB in a 4-3, and a mediocre one at that, not an ILB in a 3-4. Give the kid(s) a chance!

Fred Davis is simply not impressing with the chances he does have . How do you take balls away from Cooley who has proven so much more for longer and is still more productive to see if Davis really has it

Just for the sake of accuracy your perception of Fred Davis isn't in sync w/ his actual production.

You're being held captive by the poor throw he dropped in the endzone.

Fred Davis still has and has always had the highest catch rate on the team @ 71% he's the 4th rated TE in the NFL.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te

And you wouldn't take targets away from Cooley you have them both on the field together and take targets away from our 3rd WRs like Joey Galloway and Roydell Williams.

I'd like to see more of James Davis along with Ryan Torain as a two piece combo. I'd also like to see Brandon Banks in the wildcat formation. What about Kevin Barnes replacing Carlos Rogers? Barnes was the real deal at Maryland and he can play cornerback very well. Fred Davis simply needs more opportunities. If Cooley wasn't on the roster, Fred Davis would be starting. On the offensive line, I'd like to see Will Montgomery start at either guard position or even at center.

Archived