Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sleeper FA: Phillip Hunt

method man

I wish we would have signed this guy over Rob Jackson. He is more of a 34 rush linebacker and has had a history of success wherever he goes(see Cameron Wake) unlike Jackson who didn't do anything in college and has been ho hum in the preseason. Jackson doesn't have the speed to play linebacker.

I wish we would have signed this guy over Rob Jackson. He is more of a 34 rush linebacker and has had a history of success wherever he goes(see Cameron Wake) unlike Jackson who didn't do anything in college and has been ho hum in the preseason. Jackson doesn't have the speed to play linebacker.

Nice article, thanks for sharing. That OT intrigues me...and Mr. Hunt. Seeing how this team is about to be blown up, we could see someone from this list in for a tryout.

• 1 month later...

Posted Feb. 11, 2011 @ 11:17 a.m. ET

By PFW staff

The Eagles are expected to sign CFL star DE Phillip Hunt, according to FoxSports.com.

Hunt, who led the Canadian Football League with 16 sacks last season, is expected to take a physical in the next 24 hours and sign a multiyear deal.

Hunt went undrafted in 2009 and signed with the Browns as an undrafted free agent before being waived a few days later.

The deadline for CFL players to move to the NFL is Feb. 15.

The way we see it

The Eagles are likely hoping to find the next Cameron Wake, who was a two-time CFL Player of the Year. Wake finished third in the league in sacks this season with 14 in just his second season with the Dolphins.

Damn that sucks man..... I agree with Shaun Rogers as a stop gap NT/DE if he pans out for a few years, but we don't even consider guys like Hunt??? WTF.... now he will be an enemy Iggle, probably wreaking havoc on poor Rex Grossman next year

Archived