Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

our new punter

joeknows

sad thing is that would now prob be a penalty. love his willingness to stick his head in though, lets hope he does that on Sunday against the boys.

i thought so too but then again a 20+ yrd return is a "football move" and you can hit a runner like that ... just not a QB or a defenseless receiver

I'll be happy if he can just make it through a game without tanking a punt. That was asking too much of Hunter, I guess

I feel like thats the way its always been here... we punt great - 50+ yard averages through the game until our last punt when we go three and out inside our own 20 in the fourth and ahead by 3 and need a boot, instead we get a shank of like 20yrds

Ex-Cowboy yuck

And, amongst others, an ex-Redskin!

---------- Post added December-16th-2010 at 11:58 AM ----------

So, we're all enamoured with a punter who can deliver a hit. Brilliant!

If so, maybe the Redskins front office should sign an ex-Aussie Rules player to be our next punter. If you want someone who can punt AND tackle ......

Not to be a downer but am I the only one thinking that punt didn't go that far?.......

Nah, but I was wondering if he's all that why's he still available in week 14?.. Was a decent hit though.. If nothing else he could be a tackling coach for us, if the punting gig dont work out! lol

I feel like thats the way its always been here... we punt great - 50+ yard averages through the game until our last punt when we go three and out inside our own 20 in the fourth and ahead by 3 and need a boot, instead we get a shank of like 20yrds

You want to know what's really sad? We as Redskins fans know our team so well, that on gameday, if something is going to go wrong, we can call it most of the time before it happens. I swear I did not get excited on our tying TD last week because Gano was shakey and it was raining. I knew something would happen. It did and it usually does. We're cursed.

---------- Post added December-16th-2010 at 01:15 PM ----------

oh cmon man .... It was a great hit... Thats all

I know. Didn't mean to derail the thread, but I'd rather the guy kick good. Too many times we as fans get excited over potential (the guy who could jump out of the pool) and not actual talent. He was very average his first time around with us. He doesn't excite me at all as a potential punter.

And, amongst others, an ex-Redskin!

---------- Post added December-16th-2010 at 11:58 AM ----------

If so, maybe the Redskins front office should sign an ex-Aussie Rules player to be our next punter. If you want someone who can punt AND tackle ......

does not matter - ex-cowboy is ex-cowboy

sad thing is that would now prob be a penalty. love his willingness to stick his head in though, lets hope he does that on Sunday against the boys.

No it wouldn't that's not a defenseless player. The runner can lower is helmet on that play just like the defensive player can.

Archived