Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Record against NFC North tells the story

ChicagoRedskinsFan

Wins over the top half of the division, and losses to the bottom half. That's the Redskins in a nutshell. Does this team make any sense? People keep citing lack of talent for this team's woes, and certainly talent is an issue. But if they would just take what's given to them and not give it right back the following week, this season could look much different. If McNabb doesn't throw a pick at the end of the Lions game, and if the Banks TD today doesn't get erased by a penalty, we are likely looking at a 7-4 team tied for first place. With the same team we have now. A great coach and great QB should be able to compensate (to some extent) for lack of talent and get the most out of the team. This can be the difference between a 7 win vs. a 10 win season. Early in the season, McNabb wasn't throwing many picks and the Redskins weren't killing themselves with penalties. But things have gone in the wrong direction. The 5-6 record doesn't bother me as much as the way they've lost and the direction things are going. Please Shannahan - give us a reason for hope.

This team could as easily be 3-8 as 7-4. People let the close scores in our losses cloud the fact that going into this season, anybody would have taken 8-8 with a fairly successful youth movement throughout the year.

The only real disappointment for me is the defense. The offense is about where I figured it would be, for better or worse. I didn't expect all of the youth stepping up on this team, both by merit and injury, however. That's a pleasant surprise that excites me as much as this coming FA class and draft.

Interesting stat that I saw yesterday.

Favre is 5-0 against the Skins. 5-0 !!!

I wonder if the refs knew about this and wanted to give Favre one other little tidbit record for him to have?

But it is amazing that the Skins can beat Green Bay, Chicago, Philly, Dallas, then fall on their faces against weaker teams; Its hard to determine whether this falls on the players or coaching, maybe both...

Archived