Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TorontoSun: Cowboys' Bryant loses diamond earring in game

tr1

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/football/2010/11/17/16191271.html

Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant celebrates after a touchdown against the Giants in East Rutherford, New Jersey on November 14, 2010. (MIKE SEGAR/Reuters)

Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant lost more than the football on an incomplete passing play against the Giants Sunday.

The star rookie also lost one of his diamond earrings after falling hard while trying to catch a 48-yard pass from quarterback John Kitna in the fourth quarter.

"I really was a little worried," Bryant said about the missing stud, reportedly worth $50,000.

Luckily for him, a security guard found the rock and returned it to Bryant after the game, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Bryant gave the guard a "big thank you."

No further kickbacks or rewards were reported.

I wear one ;)

Good for you. It's a free country and you can do what you want. I just don't get the appeal - jewelry does nothing for me. If I had $50K like Dez Bryant to spend on a pure luxury item, the LAST thing I'd spend it on would be a shiny rock. What does that do for me? Nothing. I'd get something fun instead, like a sports car, which I could actually take out and enjoy.

Or on men in general. I always hated that trend.
I wear one ;)

I wore on in my late 20s, early 30s. When I hit 35, I felt like a douchbag. I took it out and met my wife a year later. She told me she doesn't want me to put it back in. Of course I'm almost 43 and won't wear one anymore. My neighbor is 55 and he still wears one. My sister's ex-boyfriend wore one in each ear. I think that's ridiculous. I don't mind one on the younger crowd, but 2 looks idiotic.

I wore on in my late 20s, early 30s. When I hit 35, I felt like a douchbag. I took it out and met my wife a year later. She told me she doesn't want me to put it back in. Of course I'm almost 43 and won't wear one anymore. My neighbor is 55 and he still wears one. My sister's ex-boyfriend wore one in each ear. I think that's ridiculous. I don't mind one on the younger crowd, but 2 looks idiotic.

Hell, I'm in my 40s and I still wear one lol :ols:...Ed Bradley of "60 Minutes" fame wore a diamond stud in his ear when he was in his 60s...AND while still on the show. I remember first realizing that when a bunch of women were talking about how sexy the guy was for being his age, and pointed out how well he rocked the earring.

144023__ed_l.jpg

EdBradley.jpg

What really shocks me is how a person spends $50 G's on an earing. If I made that kind of money, I would find something a little more worthwhile to spend $50K on.

Yeah, I mean you'd never catch me dead with earrings but if you own something that expensive (no matter how much cash you have) why in the world would you have it on during a football game?

And he's not the only one, I don't get why players do it.

Yeah, I mean you'd never catch me dead with earrings but if you own something that expensive (no matter how much cash you have) why in the world would you have it on during a football game?

And he's not the only one, I don't get why players do it.

I always assumed they took them out for games. Dez deserves to lose that mf'er lol...

Archived