Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Cooley appreciation thread. We would have been doomed with Davis as our only option

rumplestilskin

It is clear to me that the organization made a critical decision in the right way by keeping and not trading away our best weapon on this team. Two drops by Davis for 2 point conversions (while Cooley was hurt) and multiple mental errors this season have me realize what a mistake it would have been to lose him. Seeing him battle back into the game yesterday and fight through a concussion this year reminds me of old school Redskins football. I dont want to bash Davis in any way as I do see his ability and those two passes had some zip. I just want us to give a shout out to the guy who IMO cares most about this team and brings it every game. If the sky is falling (which it is not) Imagine where we would be without him. Thanks Captain Chaos

Overrated. This not a word I have heard to descibe him ever. He has played through injuries most would sit out for because he wants to play. He has had some drops but he is targeted more than any other player on our team by an inaccurate quarterback. He battles for every yard and he doesn't complain. Some respect would be nice.

on the two "drops" by davis, McNabb beamed the ball at him from about 5 yards away... balls that are impossible for almost anyone to catch

and meanwhile, chris cooley has been dropping multiple passes for the past several weeks

+1. I'm not sure Davis isn't a better receiver right now, and getting extra draft pciks at the expense of an extra TE is just a smart move for a team that should be rebuilding.

Who said Cooley was overrated?!? That was a joke...right? He's been outstanding this season, playing injured as well. He's dropped 4 or 5 very catchable balls over the space of 8 weeks, but he's made some big plays and looks great running with the ball. Pro Bowl form? ( although the Pro Bowl's a joke :))

Hard catches to make, but Davis should have at least been able to hang onto one. I've seen plenty of receivers/TEs on other teams make those catches in the end zone. In those situations, the QB doesn't have the option of tossing softballs into tight windows.

I love Cooley so as a fan I'm glad we kept him but I completely disagree with the OP. Cooley has not played particularly well this season. He's had more drops in 8 games than I can ever remember him having in a full season, many of which have been drive killers.

If we could have snagged a similar package to what Shockey or K2 (not saying we would) of a second and seventh, or even just a second or third we could have addressed our interior OL. We might still not have great play there but at least we would have youth building to the future.

I love Cooley so as a fan I'm glad we kept him but I completely disagree with the OP. Cooley has not played particularly well this season. He's had more drops in 8 games than I can ever remember him having in a full season, many of which have been drive killers.

If we could have snagged a similar package to what Shockey or K2 (not saying we would) of a second and seventh, or even just a second or third we could have addressed our interior OL. We might still not have great play there but at least we would have youth building to the future.

You cant disagree with me because I never said he was playing particularly well. He was before his injuries though. Its more a shout out to him as a team player. The fact that he is dropping a few balls doesn't concern me because he now has time to heal. You just dont see guys like him tough it out like hes been doing lately.

I don't know what's wrong with Davis. Think his confident is shot because at the end of last season he was playing at a high level. But Cooley is the better player but we've seen how good Fred Davis can be

I read somewhere he was struggling with the system. After last season I was expecting bigger things from him, I thought we might be seeing more 2 TE sets.

I heart Chris Cooley and he is my favorite player. One of the nicest and most fun/interesting guys on the Redskins you'll ever get to meet. Chris Cooley and Redskins are a great match and I hope Cooley gets healthy and helps his team these next couple of weeks. I hope he stays a Redskin his whole career. That is how much I appreciate Chris Cooley.

By the way, he has been having to block a lot more lately with Porits out and the offensive line not playing up to par so that's why he hasn't been catching as many balls. He's doing some dirty work for the team. Chris Cooley, we appreciate you man. Get healthy soon.

on the two "drops" by davis, McNabb beamed the ball at him from about 5 yards away... balls that are impossible for almost anyone to catch

and meanwhile, chris cooley has been dropping multiple passes for the past several weeks

Thank you for being intelligent. I love Cooley - I'm glad we kept him, but he has been dropping some balls lately and no way anyone catches those conversion passes. McNabb fires two lasers in there from point blank range and they were both off target. Just a miserable game by McNabb and the O-line.

Archived