Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We are so close...

skins4ever17

At 4-3 right now, all we have to do is go about 5-4 in the next games to probably make it to the playoffs... what a dream come true...

The offense hasn't even exploded yet and our line has remained healthy.. such a great year.

Just loving everything - Torain, Banks, Armstrong, powerful line.

What a blessing... 5-4 really is not that hard to ask for. IMO I think we can finish 6-3. HAIL! :helmet:

This team is still very inconsistent. I love that fact that we are 4-3 but 3 out of the 4 of our wins came in the final seconds of each game, meaning it could have gone either way. The Redskins need some convincing wins to put them in the category of the contenders.

We are 4-3 and we have lost some games that we should have won and won some we shouldn't have but we are in good shape. This team is still gelling and haven't put together a good game yet. The O-line is pretty healthy and the defense is getting better. This is a work in progress and if winning tight ones works then I am all for it but my nerves may not be able to take it week in and week out. We are very close to having a break through where we dominate teams like years of old. Just remember that we still have some knuckleheads on the team that make the critical mistake that cost us field position, scores and even games. There aren't as many as there use to be but none the less they are still on the Skins roster.

We are 4-3 and we have lost some games that we should have won and won some we shouldn't have but we are in good shape. This team is still gelling and haven't put together a good game yet. The O-line is pretty healthy and the defense is getting better. This is a work in progress and if winning tight ones works then I am all for it but my nerves may not be able to take it week in and week out. We are very close to having a break through where we dominate teams like years of old. Just remember that we still have some knuckleheads on the team that make the critical mistake that cost us field position, scores and even games. There aren't as many as there use to be but none the less they are still on the Skins roster.

I agree wholeheartly with this.

But I will go further, this year it would be nice to go to the playoffs, and I think we will. But when I think about being "close", I am talking about being a super bowl contender. The right moves in the next two off-seasons could make this team a force. That is a good thing too because teams like the Cowboys, Colts, Chargers, and maybe even the Patriots are on the decline.

However, if this team can improve instantly, I see no reason why we can't make any noise for a run this year.

I'd love to win this week and go into the bye week with a good record and undefeated in our division.

If we beat Detroit, we will be 2-0 in the division and 5-1 in the conference. That some pretty good tie breakers right there, not to mention we would have the head to head tie breaker against 5 of the 6 teams we have played in the conference.

This kind of reply is less helpful then a vague title imo.

Anyway, I'd love to win this week and go into the bye week with a good record and undefeated in our division.

Vague?? How??

I provided a link to a thread that is directly related to this topic and that was started only a couple days ago and I asked that he work on his thread title.

Would it have been more clear if I had done this.....

7. Ensure the topic you wish to initiate a thread about hasn’t already been posted.

If you are reporting Redskins "news" or "rumors" more than a few minutes old, please use the Search Feature or scan the first two pages of the forum before posting, to ensure the news hasn't already been posted and the topic discussed. If the ES Search Feature seems to be ineffective, use this option. Multiple topics may be closed or merged and other penalties may be applied.

This is a very large and active community, with sweeping media coverage and up-to-the-minute updates. More than likely, most news/information has already been posted and is the subject of discussion in existing threads. Most current and relevant topics usually have any number of variations active in threads at any given time. If you wish to discuss that topic, you are encouraged to do so in one of those existing threads.

Violations of any thread-starting rule may land you in the No New Threads Group, commonly referred to as 'NNT', and you may find yourself unable to start new threads. You will also see that designation appear in text under your User Name. To remedy that circumstance, click on this link and carefully read and thoroughly follow the instructions exactly as described. Contacting Staff with questions about why you can't start threads after anything less than doing so may "fall on deaf ears."

8. Please use descriptive and accurate topic titles for your thread.

Adherence to this rule assists visitors in utilizing discretion when selecting content to read. It serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed and potentially prevents multiple threads on the exact same topic. Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content, without the editorializing of titles by members.

We are having a preponderance of threads being started, particularly in the Stadium forum, where a title of 2 to 3 non-descriptive words is used. This shows a lack of courtesy to your fellow members. With an ever-increasing number of new threads every day, and an expanding member base, members become more selective about which threads to open and spend their time reading, and which ones to bypass. They cannot do that if the thread titles are 'Guess what?', 'Hey, I just noticed...', or 'WTF!' You are also creating extra work for the Staff who, instead of just merging redundant, repetitive threads based on accurate titles, now has to open each one up and try and figure out where it belongs. So, regardless of the forum, if your thread title is simply "Santana Moss" or any other person's name and nothing else, you may find yourself in the No New Threads group. In all our forums, we expect accurate and clear descriptions of your topic in your title.

Am I the only one worried about our next game? If we lay an egg vs. Detroit this Sunday, would you guys still expect this team to make the playoffs? I want this team to come out strong in all phases of the game, not all lackluster like St. Louis. I'm still worried about our defense's biggest weakness in not being able to stop teams on easy passing 3rd downs, especially throws down the middle. Luckily, Chicago failed to exploit that and I expect Detroit to watch all our game film and expose our weakness.

So close is right. If we beat the 1-5 Lions, we have a week off to rest and prep for the most important game of the year. If we beat the Lions, and then beat the Eagles, we have tie breakers against Eagles, Green Bay, Chicago. These are teams that will be battling to be the wild card team. We will also be guaranteed to be no worse than 3-3 in our division and we will be in sole possesion of 2nd place in the East at the worst.

Crush the Lions, rest and we can have some huge dreams until they come true on the 15th, at home, under the Monday Night Lights!!!

Vague?? How??

I didn't say your post was vague, I was referring to you pointing out that his was vague instead of just commenting on the topic. It wasn't even so much a jab at you, I'm just tired of every thread I go into to read there is someone on their high, or wanna be high horse to point out the rules. I understand the point of having them but at the same time, sometimes I just wanna read about the Redskins, that's all.

Yeah and I agree it's not helpful, but I was feeling the OP's point on this one. It's just like damn we really are so close to getting there if we can just win a few more and get on a roll, too be honest I wasn't even thinking about the playoffs yet lol.

I would like our record to be at least 10-6 in order to feel secure about a playoff birth. 9-7 may do it, but I see to many teams that maybe in the same predicament and then all of those tiebreaker rules say whos in and whos not. Lets get in with a convincing record! HTTR

Archived