Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Letter to my Cousin

skinnyfan57

Thanks Destino. I'm a bit daft, as we all know by now...or I have early onset dementia, which we could make a good case for as well: I forgot what I even wrote in my original post. This day needs to be over. Now.

Middle of the day Wednesday... I'm not exactly at my best at the moment either. If I see another excel sheet I'm going to throw something.

This is one of the many examples of why my future daughter(s) will not be allowed to participate in cheerleading. It's such a bull**** "sport," IMO and does not stress good values at all. Plus the politics are absurd, primarily because you have a bunch of over-the-top catty women, or just women in general, running the show...that's a recipe for disaster in and of itself.

Pretty much everything I have ever heard or experienced in regards to cheerleading has given me a negative perception of the overall culture of cheerleading. One of my best friends was a cheerleader her whole life and was on the Ravens cheerleading squad for a few years. The stories she told were horrific. I remember asking her why she continued to cheer and surround herself by a bunch of heinous ****es.

I have a 7 year old daughter and refuse to put her in cheerleading. First off, they dress them up like little streetwalkers.(I had another term in mind but don't think it will make it past the filters). Second, it costs an absolute fortune for the costumes and going to all the tournaments yada yada yada. Third is all the catty BS like this that they(and the parents) have to deal with.

My daughter does gymnastics and loves it. She's in the recreational class right now and may think about competition next year but I'm even nervous about the petty BS when doing that.

Totally agree. On the surface cheerleading sounds like a fun way to involve girls in sports. but overall my impression has been that it sexualizes them, from the clothes they wear to the cheers they do to the moves they are taught to perform. I've actually seen an 8 yr old in a thong. How did I see her thong? During their routine, they bent over and stuck their asses out and teasingly raised their sweaters up their back while giving "come hither" looks back over their shoulder to the crowd. It was like watching slut training. Back in the days my son was in youth football, I'd see their (usually) fat moms teaching their little daughters how to place their hands on their ass "just so".. how to shake their 8 yr old chests around as if they were shaking their pasties and tassles.. I couldn't believe it.

I'd rather see the girls learn to play football than participate in cheering. I think it would be better for them all the way around.

(Although I certainly wouldn't expect better behavior from the parents. Youth football parents can be crazy.)

~Bang

Middle of the day Wednesday... I'm not exactly at my best at the moment either. If I see another excel sheet I'm going to throw something.

No kidding. If I have one more completely out of control hormone replacement therapy patient come into the office today and yell at me just for the sake of being able to go crazy and yell at someone, I might start yelling back. Before this job, I don't think I fully appreciated how psycho women can be, particularly during menopause :ols:

No kidding. If I have one more completely out of control hormone replacement therapy patient come into the office today and yell at me just for the sake of being able to go crazy and yell at someone, I might start yelling back. Before this job, I don't think I fully appreciated how psycho women can be, particularly during menopause :ols:

Just one more reason I bet you're glad you're heterosexual ;)

Archived