Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hail! magazine: After his release, Devin Thomas fires back at Mike Shanahan

themurf

Just did some more research. Seems like the Edmonton Eskimos released Marko Mitchell two weeks ago. IDIOTS!!!!!!!

Oh HELL NO!! The Edmonton Eskimos and Shanny will ****ing rue the day they cut him!! RUE IT!! You know, Marko Mitchell is all-pro because he made that one good fade in the end zone in pre-season last year against 2nd/3rd stringers!

Darn shame it wasn't the Colts that grabbed you instead of the Panthers because Peyton would've had you looking like a pro bowler.

couldnt agree more, i hope the Panthers find a groove and meet us in the NFC Championship game and DT catches the winning TD in a 5 TD game for him, knocking us out of the Super Bowl....that would show Shanny!!

Come on guys...we should be plenty used to cutting high drafted WR by now. Damn I wouldn't be surprised to read a thread about how we should have never cut Michael Westbrook, Taylor Jacobs, Desmond Howard, Rod Gardner, Cliff Russell and add Devin to that list. I have no idea if Kelly will be any good, but history tells me that he will get cut next season.

What's really funny is looking through the old draft classes and outside of Art Monk (I do not count Keenan McCardell b/c we let him go too) we have NOT successfully drafted a WR in over 30 years.

**edit - 1984 supplemental draft we took Gary Clark in 2nd round! Go JMU!)*** so make that 26 years.

Darn shame it wasn't the Colts that grabbed you instead of the Panthers because Peyton would've had you looking like a pro bowler.

Part of me definitely would have enjoyed seeing Thomas end up in a solid situation like Indy. It's almost as if it doesn't matter who their receivers are, so long as Peyton Manning is still around. Carolina has some decent pieces and they've been a playoff team recently. They just have nothing remotely resembling an NFL quarterback. But he's coming in with little to no expectations and, if nothing else, being released had to serve as a wake-up call to him.

ok, SOMEONE is lieing. Shanahan says he wasnt playing up to par, Thomas says he was.

summed the whole thing up.

both can not be true. And im sorry, but i cant see Shanahan having some personal vendetta against Thomas...what would be his motive? And i also cant see Shanahan getting rid of a great receiver when we are starving for a DECENT receiver. There is more to this story.

ok, SOMEONE is lieing. Shanahan says he wasnt playing up to par, Thomas says he was.

summed the whole thing up.

both can not be true. And im sorry, but i cant see Shanahan having some personal vendetta against Thomas...what would be his motive? And i also cant see Shanahan getting rid of a great receiver when we are starving for a DECENT receiver. There is more to this story.

I don't think anyone has to be lying in this instance. Devin Thomas feels like he did everything he could to get onto the field, while Mike Shanahan doesn't feel the same way. End of story.

• 2 weeks later...
couldnt agree more, i hope the Panthers find a groove and meet us in the NFC Championship game and DT catches the winning TD in a 5 TD game for him, knocking us out of the Super Bowl....that would show Shanny!!

Panthers WR Devin Thomas is doubtful for Week 8 after being limited by a groin injury in practice.

Carolina looked like a good spot for Thomas to finally earn playing time, but he's nowhere close to entering the receiver rotation with David Gettis and Brandon LaFell coming off their best games of the season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Panthers WR Devin Thomas is doubtful for Week 8 after being limited by a groin injury in practice.

Carolina looked like a good spot for Thomas to finally earn playing time, but he's nowhere close to entering the receiver rotation with David Gettis and Brandon LaFell coming off their best games of the season.

i was actually joking there, i just cant stand to see Redskins fans wish harm to their team just because one player was cut....

but yea, i looked for stats on DT for last week and saw 0...so now i know why.

How he could be any worse than Galloway is mindboggling.

I've seen so many players go on to the pro-bowl after leaving the skins it doesn't even register anymore.

thour recently it seems quite a few players we drop, get dropped by the next team also.... thats telling for me.

I think he's allergic to the playing field.

Yeah, kinda hard to get on the field when the players ahead of you just put up some big numbers.

Take it for what its worth but my buddy who's the top salesman at a car dealership in Charlotte and has several Panthers as clients claims that he has been a disaster so far. He runs poor routes and hasn't picked up the playbook but he acts like he's a superstar and REALLY enjoys the nightlife. He came in like he owned the place and turned off a lot of vets in the process.

Devin Thomas likes to party. No surprise to anyone there. It's just amazing that after three years and then being surrounded by vets such as Moss, Galloway, and Keenan - it never really sunk it what it took to be a professional football player. It'll click...unfortunately it might be when he's 26 and on his 5th NFL team.

Take it for what its worth but my buddy who's the top salesman at a car dealership in Charlotte and has several Panthers as clients claims that he has been a disaster so far. He runs poor routes and hasn't picked up the playbook but he acts like he's a superstar and REALLY enjoys the nightlife. He came in like he owned the place and turned off a lot of vets in the process.

i live in charlotte now and i check in on the panthers and D. Thomas hasn't even touched the field yet.

My point is that the Panthers WR's are so terrible, they were looking for ANYONE to make a play when Smith was out. Thomas still couldn't crack that lineup.

Do what? :no:

Can we get a list of these "many" players you are referring to?

Well, it hasn't happened in a while, but before Gibbs 2, it seemed like it was happening all the time, off the top of my head, I can think of:

Keenan McCardell

Ray Brown

David Ackers

Rich Gannon

Brad Johnson

Stephen Davis

Larry Centers

Jeremiah Trotter

i live in charlotte now and i check in on the panthers and D. Thomas hasn't even touched the field yet.

My point is that the Panthers WR's are so terrible, they were looking for ANYONE to make a play when Smith was out. Thomas still couldn't crack that lineup.

Thanks. Great point.

The dude is a straight up Vinny Cerrato hand picked bust. Why can't the Redskins Faithful accept this?

He had 1 good year of football in his life and that was in college.

Archived