Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hail! magazine: After his release, Devin Thomas fires back at Mike Shanahan

themurf

Actually, it was up until just after he went to the Panthers.

It was up last weekend during their BYE. He said that he went up to Detroit for the weekend to hang out with his Michigan State crew.

Think about that. He gets cut because of work ethic. He's going to a completely new system where he wants to prove himself. If it were me, I would have chained myself to a chair in the Panthers film room during their bye weekend and watched every single one of their offensive plays from this year and last. Two or three times! With literally tens of millions of dollars on the line with his next contract, I wouldn't have left the place until I was damn sure I knew everything there was to know about that playbook.

Instead he took his first weekend off to hang out with his college buddies.

It was up last weekend during their BYE. He said that he went up to Detroit for the weekend to hang out with his Michigan State crew.

Think about that. He gets cut because of work ethic. He's going to a completely new system where he wants to prove himself. If it were me, I would have chained myself to a chair in the Panthers film room during their bye weekend and watched every single one of their offensive plays from this year and last. Two or three times! With literally tens of millions of dollars on the line with his next contract, I wouldn't have left the place until I was damn sure I knew everything there was to know about that playbook.

Wow. That's pretty bad if true...

Man, that is just plain stupid.

Man, that is just plain stupid.

Well, hopefully a few years down the road he'll finally realize "crap, I better make the most of this opportunity before it's gone forever". Kind of like Brandon Lloyd finally did.

But I have a feeling that won't happen until he gets cut one more time. Or maybe Fox or some of the players can get to him and help him grow up fast.

Well, hopefully a few years down the road he'll finally realize "crap, I better make the most of this opportunity before it's gone forever". Kind of like Brandon Lloyd finally did.

But I have a feeling that won't happen until he gets cut one more time. Or maybe Fox or some of the players can get to him and help him grow up fast.

Brandon Lloyd did more in his first 3 years than Thomas will likely do in his entire career.

Anyone who thinks Shanahan has promoted guys who haven't earned a shot just to shut out other players is crazy.

What Shanahan is doing is what Joe Gibbs did in the 1980's, he's taking a roster of players and showing them what it takes to win.

The Redskins went to 4 Super Bowls under Gibbs and did it with a group of elite players surrounded by 35 hard working, 100% effort guys who wouldn't give up.

Devin Thomas fits into the latter category. He is not an elite player. He's not even a starter. He's a guy that has to make the team and earn his paycheck by doing the little things.

But in HIS mind he has already proven himself with ONE YEAR of totals at Michigan State and doesn't have anything to prove to anyone else.

Dang Shanny and his personal agendas! How could he let this SUPER talent go? Devin is going to tear it up this weekend and make the Redskins regret releasing him! Oh, wait........

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4725

"Panthers WR Devin Thomas (groin) didn't make the team flight to St. Louis, and will not play Week 8.

Thomas should not be on fantasy radars after the Week 7 emergence of fellow wideouts David Gettis and Brandon LaFell. The 2008 second-round pick is buried on the Panthers' receiver depth chart."

Dang Shanny and his personal agendas! How could he let this SUPER talent go? Devin is going to tear it up this weekend and make the Redskins regret releasing him! Oh, wait........

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4725

"Panthers WR Devin Thomas (groin) didn't make the team flight to St. Louis, and will not play Week 8.

Thomas should not be on fantasy radars after the Week 7 emergence of fellow wideouts David Gettis and Brandon LaFell. The 2008 second-round pick is buried on the Panthers' receiver depth chart."

I listen to Panthers talk radio here everyday and they have made zero mention of Devin Thomas. I can't even remember the last time they brought him up. He's not even an afterthought anymore.

Hell i think they talk about Rae Caruth more :ols::ols::ols:

Says all you need to know right there. He'll be out of the league in a few years. A very poor man's Rod Gardner.

I listen to Panthers talk radio here everyday and they have made zero mention of Devin Thomas. I can't even remember the last time they brought him up. He's not even an afterthought anymore.

Hell i think they talk about Rae Caruth more :ols::ols::ols:

Dwayne Jarrett, too! Packman is BRUTAL when it comes to Jarrett. And rightfully so.

Archived