Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where were the Gold Pants today???

Lar0n Landry

I wonder if they simply took a team vote and players decide what to wear before a game.

I think the unis look great white or gold. Although I thought the gold trousers were a refreshing look back to former glory days. I do hope they wear them some more this season.

I personally prefer real gold over the yellow that we wear though. To each his/her own.

Gross.

.........Have you really noticed urine stains? I've heard that linemen especially have that happen sometimes....

YEARS ago, when I moved up here to Baltimore, I was listening to sports talk radio. They were interviewing Tony Siragusa. Apparently, the week before, he had been "backed up" and it was causing him a lot of discomfort. Apparently, the day of the game, in an attempt to relieve his discomfort, he did an enema, with lackluster results. He was concerned if he got hit the wrong way during a game, he'd make a mess of himself. He told the staff if what he worried about DID indeed happen, they'd have to take him off the field on a stretcher. He'd lay there on his back and not move. He told the trainers that was their signal to get him off the field ASAP to spare him the embarassment.

I like the white jersey at home - it's a tradition now and I think we need to stick with it. Then we are usually in white on the road too & so the white becomes more common when you think of the Redskins. Prefer the burgundy pants with the white jersey. With the burgundy jersey I don't care if the pants are white or yellow.

YEARS ago, when I moved up here to Baltimore, I was listening to sports talk radio. They were interviewing Tony Siragusa. Apparently, the week before, he had been "backed up" and it was causing him a lot of discomfort. Apparently, the day of the game, in an attempt to relieve his discomfort, he did an enema, with lackluster results. He was concerned if he got hit the wrong way during a game, he'd make a mess of himself. He told the staff if what he worried about DID indeed happen, they'd have to take him off the field on a stretcher. He'd lay there on his back and not move. He told the trainers that was their signal to get him off the field ASAP to spare him the embarassment.

:puke:

That image...

I hope they bring them back out for the Colts game especially since im going to be tehre :D

Since it is our "homecoming game", :rolleyes: , I am guessing we either wear the BonG or something special. Would love to see our 75th anniversary jerseys. We wore them when we played the Colts in '02 at home and won. Um just saying.....

Huh? You mean like winning Superbowls and having a nice looking uniform? Okay, sure.

The team winning super bowls is definitely a great thing. I thought you were making more of a point like gold pants are cheesy as were the 60's, so I made that 80's comment. Like the fashion in the 80's being some of the wort ever with leg warmers, big hair, guys dressing like gals, popped collars (unfortunately that came back), etc...The white pants to me look very dated, and the Gold was a welcomed change for me. The team did at least go to a SuperBowl wearing the Gold pants, but unfortunately it was a loss.

I'm just sick of the White pants, and have grown tired of the Burgundy Pants / White Jersey look. I know it's "classic" and that the team went to 4 Superbowls in that combo, but...we also have had nearly 20 years of bad to mediocre teams wearing White on Burgundy. I think any "luck" the team had with that combo is long gone. It was time for a symbolic change for the team, and the Gold pants are perfect for that.

The Packers never wear white pants.

This is true.

Lar0n Landry:

You are 100% correct. It is the jerseys that have to be different, not the pants...teams can wear the same color pants but one must wear a color jersey, and the other a white jersey. Teams that wear white pants or gold/yellow pants play each other all the time, and neither team changes pant colors. Case in point:

s-STEELERS-PACKERS-large.jpg

Archived