Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden Comments On FedEx:

DIESEL TROLL

FedEx Field

The Madden Cruiser will make a visit to the Nation's Capital on September 4 to start off the NFL season on Monday Night Football as the Jets play the Redskins.

Stadium name: FedEx Field

City: Washington, DC

Year opened: 1997

Capacity: 86,484

Surface: Natural Grass

MADDEN SAYS:

"Before FedEx Field, the old RFK Stadium was one of my favorite places to go. It had the smallest and worst television booth in the NFL, but probably the best location. When you were in the booth at RFK, you were directly over the players and you could darn near hear them in the huddle. Now the Redskins play in FedEx Field, which is one of the more modern stadiums in the league. They have great broadcast facilities and great service because it's right next to the owner, Daniel Snyder's box. It's hard for me when I think of the Washington Redskins and the great teams they had, with John Riggins, "The Hogs", and RFK Stadium. These newer stadiums don't have the tradition and history yet, because they havn't had great games or great players."

PS::wish: :wish: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: (sigh....sniffle......)

Maybe it's just me...But did anyone else get the creepy sense of actually hearing Madden's voice while reading his comments...LOL...Damn...I think I've worked too hard this week! My mind is playing tricks on me........I think I need a :pint: :twitch:

I predict fond memories of emergency, backs to the wall comebacks in the second half against tough opponents and slaughters against easy opponents. We will delight in our offense and destroy in our defense. FedEx will become a storied, hallowed hall for generations to come.

Archived