Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins being outscored 52-13 in 2nd half this year.

Rypien1191

Yikes. We've put up 3, 7, 3, and 0 points in the second half so far while our defense has played bend and sometimes break. Seems to be the opposite of the Gibbs years where we would make good halftime adjustments - this season we seem to be UNadjusting at halftime.

Yeah we're 2-2 and could be 3-1, but we could also be 0-4, and if we keep getting steamrolled in the 2nd half, we won't be keeping pace with .500.

Gotta fall on the coaches and the playcalling. Players don't just get worse at the half.

Yikes. We've put up 3, 7, 3, and 0 points in the second half so far while our defense has played bend and sometimes break. Seems to be the opposite of the Gibbs years where we would make good halftime adjustments - this season we seem to be UNadjusting at halftime.

Yeah we're 2-2 and could be 3-1, but we could also be 0-4, and if we keep getting steamrolled in the 2nd half, we won't be keeping pace with .500.

Gotta fall on the coaches and the playcalling. Players don't just get worse at the half.

The Colts are 2-2. They could be 3-1, or 0-4. It is a week to week game, even more so this year because there is NO clear cut team to beat. What matters is the final score in the end. Yes there are things that need fixing but we just won a must win game.

I dont what it is with the 2nd half O, but we start making bad mistakes and cant get 1st downs, and that leads to our D getting tired.. I think Heyer has directly contributed to at least 3 "game winning" drives if we'd of gotten a 1st down or score, by jumping offsides.. Not sure where his mental game is, but it needs improving.. (As well as alot of other aspects) but I think the O is a big reason we're letting teams back into games in the 2nd half.. The D never gets a break.. I only remember like 3 1st downs in the 2nd half of todays game?

Well...that is very true about our poor 2nd half performance. The only upside to it is putting the other team in a hole. Going into this Eagles game...I knew we had to come out firing and take a decent lead in order to win. I did not see us winning a shootout at all especially with our lack of weapons

A very bad stat, but it has been that way for years. I thought these issues would finally be fixed this year. I still think we will have these issues fixed though throughout the next few games, i think we will definitely play better in the 2nd half of games, this coaching staff knows how to make adjustments unlike the coaching staff of the past.

At least in the Philly game, the conservative play calling + the rain let Philly basically sell out to stop our running game. Obviously the coaches felt fairly comfortable with the lead, and with our shaky O-line didn't want to risk the game-breaking turnover.

As we settle in and get more comfortable I expect the offense we've seen in the first quarter of games to carry over.

I'd put my money on Heyer being the culprit. His mistakes build up during the game and disrupt the offense's flow.

this, the change is notable with heyer in the game, he is horrible in pass protection, so we have to run max protect schemes, plus he has a horrific record with drive killing holds. The sooner Silverback is back in the game the better our Offense will look.

Archived