Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Take these wins and be grateful.

WhoRUSupposed2Be

Something told me after Vick went out in the first half, that we were going to be hanging around in this game alot more than we needed to.

For it to come down to that game late conclusion, I almost had to laugh to myself all the while releasing a great sigh of relief. Something that Czabe said on the radio last week made me revisit his assertion about "Winning Ugly versus Losing Pretty" or something to that effect.

This here was winning ugly in the second half. Take this win and be happy and let's move on to the home games.

:helmet:

I agree. This game was ugly. I would definitely rather win ugly than lose pretty, thats for sure. We need to get better on offense. For the second week in a row, we absolutely flatlined in the second half. That's unacceptable. The playcalling and protection needs to improve.

Unlike the 9-7 "win that felt like a loss" to the rams last year, at least the eagles are a solid team. I'll take the W.

Here's to 2-2, and more importantly, 2-0 in the NFCE.

How many times does the other team have to complete the underneath pass before you start to defend it? In week 1 it was the naked bootleg. This defense doesn't adjust to anything. That is squarely on the coaches.

I was beside myself with the mental mistakes at the end:

-McNabb running out of bounds and stopping the clock.

-Rogers dropping yet another easy interception.

-Heyer false starting and preventing the 1st down conversion that would have iced the game.

Against a good team, that would have cost us the game. I can't believe this team is happy with this win, it's disgusting. It's nice to win, but playing like this I can't see them doing anything this season.

The eagles were NOT "a solid team" when Kolb came in. We made them LOOK like a solid team. I'll take the W, but we had no business winning. No business!

Shut up.

In other news, this was a great victory indeed. I savor every time an Eagles fan is disappointed. I wonder how long before they start booing Captain Checkdown.

How many times does the other team have to complete the underneath pass before you start to defend it? In week 1 it was the naked bootleg. This defense doesn't adjust to anything. That is squarely on the coaches.

I was beside myself with the mental mistakes at the end:

-McNabb running out of bounds and stopping the clock.

-Rogers dropping yet another easy interception.

-Heyer false starting and preventing the 1st down conversion that would have iced the game.

Against a good team, that would have cost us the game. I can't believe this team is happy with this win, it's disgusting. It's nice to win, but playing like this I can't see them doing anything this season.

Hey, I thought this team was not even supposed to be in this game to begin with. Even with Vick in there, I still think we win.

The eagles were NOT "a solid team" when Kolb came in. We made them LOOK like a solid team. I'll take the W, but we had no business winning. No business!

Not to mention we scored our points when Vick was in and our defense had to completely change what they practiced all week for. Vick and Kolb are two completely diff QBs. The D kept DeJack down and really held them to two FG till they went into the prevent.ANd the Iggles teed off on the run when we were trying to kill the clock. But you can't throw and risk stopping it. The worst mistake was McNabb running out of bounds. But oh well. I guess it worked out.

Take the win and enjoy. The only thing it really affects is the draft choices since we are not a playoff team.

Also, it appeared to me that the skins gave up the short passing game by design. I am not saying they gave up chunks of short throws for long yardage by design, but their deep threats did nothing.

Defense gave up 12 points. That is enough to win the game. Offense does nothing the entire second half. Very disappointing.

Oh, ES fans.

Does it ever occur to anyone that teams make adjustments during halftime? First off, if any team knows how to screw with McNabb, it's the Eagles. To me it seems they made defensive adjustments for that very reason. I'm EXTREMELY pleased our running game finally got going.

I am VERY grateful for this win.

Based on the Skins' history, I was fully prepared for them to throw away this lead once again in the last seconds.

And up until the very last play, it looked like they were going to do that.

Did you guys see the replay on the last play ? The ball hit Avant SQUARELY in BOTH hands before pattering out, and into Hall's hands.

Anything can happen int he NFL, apparently.

Winless Cleveland beats a much better Cincy team.

Lions give the packers a major run for their money.

Saints barely scrape by the woeful panthers.

The lowly Rams wipe out Seattle, a better team.

Jags beat a better Colts team.

Any NFCE road win is a good win. It's not always going to be pretty, and it was damn ugly at some points, but we won. 2-0 in the NFCE.

Take the win and enjoy. The only thing it really affects is the draft choices since we are not a playoff team.

Well, I disagree that the only thing it affects is draft choices. if we end up being a 7 to 9 win team, clearly we have more than a small handful of pieces in place.

I agree that we are not a playoff team, but the better we play this season, the fewer changes we need to make next year as we grow into a more complete playoff team. I want to win as many games as possible, just to confirm that we are on the right path, and doing somethings right.

Archived