Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

10 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Can we go back to Bonga at the 3? I know he’s raw, and possibly 42 years old, but I like his defensive hustle. Brown just doesn’t do it for me. 

Brown has been halfway decent with man defense, he gets lost in team concepts though.  thats a team wide issue

21 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Can we go back to Bonga at the 3? I know he’s raw, and possibly 42 years old, but I like his defensive hustle. Brown just doesn’t do it for me. 

If Bonga isn’t going to get off the bench I’m surprised they haven’t sent him down to the G League.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Just got back from the game. To start the energy was non-existent. I did notice a pockets of Japanese fans who went nuts for Rui. Energy picked up around the end of the 3rd.

Guess it's better to see bad teams score over 100 than under 70 with no offense. 

I'm not the sure the Wizards are actually "bad".

Now the Redskins otoh....lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, -JB- said:

They’re a bad defensive team.

That isn’t a debate.  But they’re battling back and winning games from behind.  That’s a good sign.

I wish I could separate the two like you can in football. But it's the same players. You see it live. It's not that they are just BAD defensively. They don't really try to play defense. 

I stand by my "bad team" assessment. Maybe they play well enough for an 8th seed this year. But even with only 30min last night. They are driving Beal into the ground with his minutes. If he misses time, it'll get uglier. They need him to score over 30 to beat a bad team by a few. 

Wiz allowed 50 points in the second half last night and showed great effort down the stretch.

Beal is 4th in the league in minutes...sitting between Harden and McCollum.

An 8th seed would be pretty good for a team that is openly rebuilding with an eye towards the 20-21 season.

I stand by my assessment that the Redskins fan base is the most petulant, whiny, useless fanbase in all of professional sports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Wiz allowed 50 points in the second half last night and showed great effort down the stretch.

Beal is 4th in the league in minutes...sitting between Harden and McCollum.

An 8th seed would be pretty good for a team that is openly rebuilding with an eye towards the 20-21 season.

I stand by my assessment that the Redskins fan base is the most petulant, whiny, useless fanbase in all of professional sports.

"showed great effort" - Ok, that's fair. They tried more when it was closer at the end. I'll agree.

Beal is going to be run into the floor. When he starts missing games it'll get ugly.

Openly rebuilding, I don't know. I feel like when they gave Beal that contract. They only dipped a toe into the rebuilding pool.

Redskins fans have checked out. They are either angry or apathetic. Including myself. F them. F Bruce and Dan.

The Wizards have a different plan. They drafted a rookie who is part Japanese and speaks Japanese. Then you have a handful of fans at each game that are from Japan cheering for him loudly all game Pure marketing. I get it. Ted wants his team to be the team of Japan. Like China and the Rockets. It's not a bad idea to do when your local fanbase isn't really paying attention, your Hockey team is rolling, and the local MLB team is top dog in town.