BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Official Washington Wizards Thread: The JOHN WALL ERA

Recommended Posts

Delle Donne has a herniated disc in her back.  ****.

 

I'm new to WNBA basketball, has anyone else fantasized about putting on a wig and shaving their beard and trying out to be the team's goon yet?  I like the skill and the effort they play with on offense and defense, but the way they rebound absolutely kills me.  I feel like I could offer real value to the Mystics doing nothing but setting screens and boxing out.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Delle Donne has a herniated disc in her back.  ****.

 

I'm new to WNBA basketball, has anyone else fantasized about putting on a wig and shaving their beard and trying out to be the team's goon yet?  I like the skill and the effort they play with on offense and defense, but the way they rebound absolutely kills me.  I feel like I could offer real value to the Mystics doing nothing but setting screens and boxing out.

These days, that doesn’t even move the needle in terms of weird fantasies.  

 

I think the rebounding issue you’re seeing isn’t just about strength and technique though.  Nba big men are wide, have wingspans longer than sofas, and many of them can damn near fly.  WNBA players are none of that physically and can’t jump very high, which  makes rebounding more haphazard.  Which way the ball bounces matters a lot more when none of the players can lock down nearly as much floor space simply by being in good position.  

 

The Della Donne thing is brutal.  I think the mystics had this title, but without the mvp it’s unlikely they have a chance.  Crushing injury.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

WASHINGTON -- Washington Wizards backup center Ian Mahinmi will miss the start of the regular season because of a strained right Achilles tendon, joining the team's long list of injured players.

 

The Wizards said Thursday that Mahinmi "will be treated conservatively" and will be re-evaluated in six weeks.

 

Washington is currently holding training camp. Its first regular season game is Oct. 23 at Dallas.

 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27760541/wizards-center-ian-mahinmi-miss-achilles-strain

 

<30 wins.  Calling it now.  (And not because Mahinmi is injured, because he can’t stay on the floor anyway.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless Bryant is about 500% better than I remember, this is going to be a heinous season.

 

that said, I think the offense has a chance to be average.  Defense will be worst in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Destino said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27760541/wizards-center-ian-mahinmi-miss-achilles-strain

 

<30 wins.  Calling it now.  (And not because Mahinmi is injured, because he can’t stay on the floor anyway.)

Man, believe me when I tell you this.  We know that Mahinmi being out is never a cause for panic LOL

30 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Unless Bryant is about 500% better than I remember, this is going to be a heinous season.

 

that said, I think the offense has a chance to be average.  Defense will be worst in the league.

Get that #1 pick!  Of course if the Wiz luck into the #1 pick it’ll end up being the worst year to have the #1 pick ever lol

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Wizards only have one giveaway this season 😐

 

Guess I'll only be attending one game this season then

What’s the giveaway?  I suggest that when a player is as pitiful as Mahinmi and he’s in the final year of his contract, the Wiz should be able to give out a tiny portion of his contract to the first 20,000 fans who’d actually attend a Wizards/Suns game 💸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

 

how do you strain your achilles doing nothing?

He just wanted to change a few of them DNPs to OUTs.  It is a contract year for him, after all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Wizards only have one giveaway this season 😐

 

Guess I'll only be attending one game this season then

And your odds of winning should be great being that it will just be you and player friends and family in attendance.

 

Wizards should play in the Mystics Entertainment and Sports Arena this season.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though this is a trash team, I can at least respect Sheppard to admit that and keep moving forward. This is the first off-season I didn't see a move we made and ask myself, "What the ****?". That's progress...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, -JB- said:

What’s the giveaway?  I suggest that when a player is as pitiful as Mahinmi and he’s in the final year of his contract, the Wiz should be able to give out a tiny portion of his contract to the first 20,000 fans who’d actually attend a Wizards/Suns game 💸

One bobblehead late in the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

One bobblehead late in the year.

One can only assume Bradley Beal?? Lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Delle Donne playing with a herniated disk? More guts then whole redskins franchise

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Is Delle Donne playing with a herniated disk? More guys then whole redskins franchise

LeBron had to get carried off the court for leg cramps 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Is Delle Donne playing with a herniated disk? More guts then whole redskins franchise

Hell, Gruden would hold out a player if he was uncomfortable with his manicure.

 

Congrats Washington!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

first preseason game is tonight

 

more interested to hear this new dude on the mic to see if I'll be watching the games on mute this year

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.