The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

So..

Gortat Blair Seraphin

Nene Humphries Gooden

Pierce Otto

Beal Webster Rice

Wall Miller

That leaves one spot right? 14 signed one open in case if emergency, iirc. Need a point guard.

I'm thinking they might let Seraphin walk now. I'm not sure I like it, I don't think we've seen the last of Seraphin in this league. But he'll probably cost more than they want to spend on a third string C.

Bring on Birch.

Wonder how much trade exception money we have left? I'm guessing not much. But if we've got some, could be nice for filling the last roster spot.

I think you're right, needs to be someone who can play PG. If not Temple, what about someone like Luke Ridnour? Or what about bringing back Shelvin Mack? Shoot, if Chauncey Billups didn't really want to play and just wanted to collect a check and chase a ring one last time, I wouldn't be opposed to him.

I feel like we all told Ernie to take Blair 5 years ago

Yep. You're right. He was on the table and we drafted some dude who is no longer in the league instead.

Great ****ing off season. Get us a back up guard and I'm good.

I not sure an NBA coach considers that pressure. I think they'd more likely consider it a godsend.

Lets be honest. There where enough games they lost last year during the regular season where we said "Why didn't Randy put Wall back in for the 1st 8 min or the 4th" or the same about Nene. So, the pressure meaning he needs to make sure his best guys are out there when needed the most while keeping them fresh by using a much better bench.

As far as finding one more Guard. I think they want to give Rice a chance to do that with Webster.

So we went from Seraphin, Vesely, and Singleton at the start of last season to Blair, Humphries, and Gooden. I'll take it.

Did we give anything up to get Blair?

Also, not that I mind, but why is Gooden a league min player? He can score and he's 6'10. I thought that automatically meant some money. Maybe not a lot but some. League min bigs are usually just in there to foul and hopefully snag a few rebounds.

Edited by Destino

So we went from Seraphin, Vesely, and Singleton at the start of last season to Blair, Humphries, and Gooden. I'll take it.

Also, not that I mind, but why is Gooden a league min player? He can score and he's 6'10. I thought that automatically meant some money. Maybe not a lot but some. League min bigs are usually just in there to foul and hopefully snag a few rebounds.

I think Gooden is just happy to be on a team.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account

‏@WojYahooNBA

DeJuan Blair's deal with Washington will be three-years, $6M -- with a team option on third year, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

the summer of Ernie continues

Another cheap good back up.  Down is up, up is down.  

Gooden is still getting paid by Milwaukee because they amnestied him I'm pretty sure. Contract money wasn't an issue for him. It's actually to his advantage to sign for the minimum so that his team will be better. That's why I was confident we'd get him back for the minimum.

Gooden is still getting paid by Milwaukee because they amnestied him I'm pretty sure. Contract money wasn't an issue for him. It's actually to his advantage to sign for the minimum so that his team will be better. That's why I was confident we'd get him back for the minimum.

Thanks.  It just wasn't adding up and I was starting to worry the guy had a crazy drug habit or something I didn't know about.  lol