Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I thought so too, but after looking at the replay, they collapsed. He made the right play, it was just to the wrong spot.

Yeah I just noticed that on the replay.

We had no business even being close at the end, Trevor Ariza lost his mind the last the minute of the game and made it close.

Never thought I'd see the day when I wished Price was in the game more.

How is Porter not the favorite for player of the year. Dude has been beastin out the last month. And no, I am not a Hoyas fan, but Porter is ....... :no:

---------- Post added February-27th-2013 at 09:36 PM ----------

Great Georgetown game going on ESPN2

---------- Post added February-27th-2013 at 09:32 PM ----------

Porter with the game winner. Spectacular!

The crowd and the announcers were absolutely dead though.

They were dead on that play. Bammas aint do us any favorites with that call :ols:

Check this out though, I don't know why more teams don't call a timeout after a turnover for the final shot. Coaches always want to draw up a play when they have a chance for the last shot. I love that JT3 let Porter go for the win even though they had two timeouts left. Brilliant.

If we had Porter for that last possession, we woulda won. The coaching staff oughta bench Wall. He needs to earn his starting role. We need to stop coddling him.

He was bad tonight, but did you forget how awful we were with AJ Price as the starter? Despite his performance, this team is better with Wall on the floor. He's 22 and we're going to have to live with his ups and downs. I'm not overly concerned, but he needs to be better.

He was bad tonight, but did you forget how awful we were with AJ Price as the starter? Despite his performance, this team is better with Wall on the floor. He's 22 and we're going to have to live with his ups and downs. I'm not overly concerned, but he needs to be better.

He does too may stupid things when one facet of his game isn't working. They need to stop babying him, it's his 3rd season in the league, he shouldn't be making as many cerebral mistakes as he does. Everyone else on the team gets playing time by earning it, he certainly isn't earning a starting role as of late...even with how bad Price is as a starter. Its one thing to make an example of scrubs like Jordan Crawford, but the "stars" on the team need to be brought down to earth as well.

He does too may stupid things when one facet of his game isn't working. They need to stop babying him, it's his 3rd season in the league, he shouldn't be making as many cerebral mistakes as he does. Everyone else on the team gets playing time by earning it, he certainly isn't earning a starting role as of late...even with how bad Price is as a starter. Its one thing to make an example of scrubs like Jordan Crawford, but the "stars" on the team need to be brought down to earth as well.

Wall wasn't the only guy out there who sucked tonight. Seems like a knee-jerk reaction to say he needs to earn a starting role.

An example was made of Crawford because of his toxic disposition on/off the court.

Wall wasn't the only guy out there who sucked tonight. Seems like a knee-jerk reaction to say he needs to earn a starting role.

An example was made of Crawford because of his toxic disposition on/off the court.

truthfully the only thing I care about is what we get from them on the court. And yes other people did suck tonight, but other people aren't anointed franchise players like Wall. I haven't really begun the question Wall in the Wizards future until now. He says the right things, supposedly he does the right things, but the return product we're getting doesn't seem worth it. He can turn it around, lots of games left, but the franchise ought to consider other options if this keeps up. I'm a Wizards fan before I'm Wall fan. I want him to do well, but it seems less and less likely it'll occur. He's far too inconsistent.

I don't agree with benching Wall at all. I agree that he hurts the team when he turns the ball over a lot, but he's been the the leading assists player of both teams in 6 of our last 9 games including tonight. The guy is 22 years old and coming off a knee injury, Benching him isn't going to lower his own turnover-to-assists ration. I'd rather Wall out there practicing shooting to make up for the time he lost because of his injury.

Wow. Is this what passes for a leader:

REPORTER: You got off to a bad start with your four turnovers in the first quarter. Was it hard to get on track after that tough start? Was that a part of it?

WALL: That wasn't it at all. They were great passes. It was just, some teammates couldn't catch them and some got tipped away. Just got to deal with it.

Way to take ownership John.

Wow. Is this what passes for a leader:

Way to take ownership John.

That quote rubbed me wrong as well. His passes are getting tipped because he's forcing the issue instead of adjusting to how defenses are now playing him. They know he's not a threat to shoot the ball so teams are playing off him and baiting him to throw into covered passing lanes. Either that or trying forcing him to finish through multiple defenders at the basket.

Teammates are not calling him out about his defense, he shouldn't be throwing stones.

I found this quote by Wittman interesting: http://www.bulletsforever.com/2013/2/27/4038354/pistons-vs-wizards-randy-wittman-john-wall

"We were more caught up in ourselves as individuals than the team," he added later. "That's the bottom line. We got guys that haven't been in the rotation complaining. The older guys try to help them; they won't listen. That just tells me, 'I'm just worried about myself. I'm not worried about winning this game.'"

Is he talking about Vesely?

Edited by StillUnknown

This comment by Beal certainly seemed to be about Wall

"He's right. We just have to be on the same page. We just have to realize it's not about me, me me, it's about we. We didn't show that tonight," Beal said. "Our body language tells it all. We just have to be men about it and accept the fact that someone else is playing good. Every night is not going to be your night, but there's other ways you can impact the game. We just got to stick with it."
http://www.bulletsforever.com/2013/2/27/4038354/pistons-vs-wizards-randy-wittman-john-wall

It's surprising that he would feel comfortable saying that. This is John's team, or so we think, and Beal's a rookie. That's not your typical comment and this part is the most alarming: "We just have to be men about it and accept the fact that someone else is playing good". Looks like a rookie just called out the "star".

Edited by Destino

Looks like a rookie just called out the "star".

Unfortunately, our rookie is our "star". Wall is not much better than when we drafted him and though our record's been better since his return, I think it's less about him and more about great performances by Beal, Okariza, Nene, etc. Truth be told I'm starting to lose patience with Wall.

Unfortunately, our rookie is our "star". Wall is not much better than when we drafted him and though our record's been better since his return, I think it's less about him and more about great performances by Beal, Okariza, Nene, etc. Truth be told I'm starting to lose patience with Wall.

Why do you think those other guys suddenly started playing well the moment Wall returned?