Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Rashard is now officially the second most popular player on the Wiz.

First, if Wall doesn't heal.

You are really going to like him. Great, quiet guy. Doesn't go out to bars or get in fights. Good character for the organization.

And now without Vince Carter hogging the ball, if you can get someone to pass to him, he is freaking lethal.

Incredible 3 pt shooter, and above average defender. He's exciting as hell.

I'll be rooting for him.

Don't worry. With the new CBA next year and the return of the Allan Houston Rule, you can have him back in a little bit.

---------- Post added December-18th-2010 at 05:15 PM ----------

An injury is an injury. I wasnt downplaying it...............

You completely misread SU's post.

And I just noticed your sig. Why are you in here talking about the Wizards?

Still waiting.

Here is one of the articles Vishal. I will find another about Planet Smoothie. He wasn't taking steroids from needles LOL.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2009-08-07/sports/bianchi_1_dhea-rashard-lewis-steroid

From the article.....

Here's why I believe Rashard Lewis:

Because if indeed he was trying to bulk up his skinny body with performance-enhancing drugs, he failed miserably

In fact, if there is one Magic player whom you would say is NOT on steroids, it would be Lewis.

You should be happy. You got a great player who didn't thrive with Vince Carter.

Edited by McD5

Don't worry. With the new CBA next year and the return of the Allan Houston Rule, you can have him back in a little bit.

---------- Post added December-18th-2010 at 05:15 PM ----------

You completely misread SU's post.

And I just noticed your sig. Why are you in here talking about the Wizards?

I cant be a LeBron fan and talk about the Wizards? I am also a Vick fan, that means I cant talk about the Redskins?

Edited by Shabby

You all do understand that PEDs, even steroids, don't necessarily make you big right? So the leanness of Rashard really proves nothing.

---------- Post added December-18th-2010 at 05:20 PM ----------

I cant be a LeBron fan and talk about the Wizards? I am also a Vick fan, that means I cant talk about the Redskins?

Are you a Wizards fan?

Here is one of the articles Vishal. I will find another about Planet Smoothie. He wasn't taking steroids from needles LOL.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2009-08-07/sports/bianchi_1_dhea-rashard-lewis-steroid

McD, I am fully aware of Dehydroepiandrosterone. Common steroid found in the body, does nothing to help increase muscle mass. But it can raise suspicion on the positive use of other performance enhancers as high levels of it are a direct result of increased steroid activity. The NBA doesn't suspend players for no reason because they tested for high levels of a natural steroid. They have highly qualified biochemists who give them these analysis.

You all do understand that PEDs, even steroids, don't necessarily make you big right? So the leanness of Rashard really proves nothing.

---------- Post added December-18th-2010 at 05:20 PM ----------

Are you a Wizards fan?

Absolutely. Im a fan of all Washington teams. That doesnt mean i have to hate everyone else.

McD, I am fully aware of Dehydroepiandrosterone. Common steroid found in the body, does nothing to help increase muscle mass. But it can raise suspicion on the positive use of other performance enhancers as high levels of it are a direct result of increased steroid activity. The NBA doesn't suspend players for no reason because they tested for high levels of a natural steroid. They have highly qualified biochemists who give them these analysis.

Vishal, you are worked up, understandably so, about the trade. The steroid talk is nonsense, seriously.

You live where I came from originally, Virginia.

Let me tell you about Orlando:

It's Disney town. Apple pie and ice cream. All American. We always have one of the highest rates of DUI arrests, from police wanting to keep that "family vacation feel."

The players on the Magic don't go out to clubs. They don't party. It's not a great analogy, but it's almost a team of Tebows.

Dwight?

Jameer?

Formerly Rashard?

We have never, ever had a player with even a hint of controversy here. And Rashard is no different. You are going to love the guy. Give it some time.

The Wiz just became 3x as exciting. Rashard lights it up.

Edited by McD5

Vishal, you are worked up, understandably so, about the trade. The steroid talk is nonsense, seriously.

You live where I came from originally, Virginia.

Let me tell you about Orlando:

It's Disney town. Apple pie and ice cream. All American. We always have one of the highest rates of DUI arrests, from police wanting to keep that "family vacation feel."

The players on the Magic don't go out to clubs. They don't party. It's not a great analogy, but it's almost a team of Tebows.

Dwight?

Jameer?

Formerly Rashard?

We have never, ever had a player with even a hint of controversy here. And Rashard is no different. You are going to love the guy. Give it some time.

The Wiz just became 3x as exciting. Rashard lights it up.

We can respectfully disagree on this but it is a fair assumption that the guy was suspended for PED's and then had his play drop noticeably and was eventually traded out for a guy who has barely played ball in three + years.

Rashard won't light anything up here. If he can't light it up with a dominant big man spotting him for wide open threes, he won't light it up with Andray Blatche commanding no low post respect. Life just got a whole lot tougher for Shart. He won't have those open looks anymore.

Edited by No Excuses

We can respectfully disagree on this but it is a fair assumption that the guy was suspended for PED's and then had his play drop noticeably and was eventually traded out for a guy who has barely played ball in three + years.

Rashard won't light anything up here. If he can't light it up with a dominant big man spotting him for wide open threes, he won't light it up with Andray Blatche commanding no low post respect. Life just got a whole lot tougher for Shart. He won't have those open looks anymore.

He'll light it up bro. Vince wouldn't pass to him. It's really that simple. Vince took the ball. They couldn't get along.

Then add Redick, who is also lethal on 3s, and Rashards opportunities were cut by more than 66%.

McD, you say Lewis is awesome. Question: since Carter was the one who was holding back Lewis, and Carter has been traded, how do you feel about trading Lewis for Gilbert?

I'm truly not in favor of it GACOLB. I believe you got the better end of the deal.

It may just be one of those "Both players were just in the wrong situation" type of things.

Gilbert wasn't inspired in DC, and Rashard went from a superstar, to not getting many touches in Orlando.

It's incentive based with incentives he won't reach realistically. The value drops down to like $10M.

What year determines the incentives? Like does that $10 mil figure go into affect for that season based on the previous season? Or does it become $10 mil after the fact? Just curious as to how it would impact the cap.

What year determines the incentives? Like does that $10 mil figure go into affect for that season based on the previous season? Or does it become $10 mil after the fact? Just curious as to how it would impact the cap.

its 10 in 2012-2013 but if he plays well he gets more money lol, 10 is given

I'm truly not in favor of it GACOLB. I believe you got the better end of the deal.

It may just be one of those "Both players were just in the wrong situation" type of things.

Gilbert wasn't inspired in DC, and Rashard went from a superstar, to not getting many touches in Orlando.

I'm curious to see how Orlando's going to make Arenas and Nelson work.

I have no idea what incentives are but people on the Magic board said that under no circumstance would Lewis have reached them considering how bad he has been playing. The $10 million will go into effect if he doesn't meet the incentives before his last year.

Man I would love for the CBA to be structured so we can get out of this **** contract. Glimmer of hope: Leonsis is influential and knows what is going on with the NBA/CBA talks. Maybe he knows that a deal is on the horizon that allows teams to jettison these terrible guaranteed contracts.