Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Vishal, he didn't use steriods. He isn't even muscular.

They found something in his system that is used in 70% of all drinks at Planet Smoothie. You may have it in your system right now.

Vince coming to Orlando is what threw him off.

BS McD5. You can't be serious. Planet Smoothie???

The guy used performance enhancers, got busted and has been in a slump ever since. Vince Carter might have had a role in bringing him down but lets get real. You don't become a worse rebounder and scorer in one season because a washed up SG was added to your team.

Edited by No Excuses

Wall/Hinrich/Lewis/Blatche/McGee Bench: Young, Thornton, Booker

I like this. We still need to pick up some pieces in the off season though.

Nelson/Arenas/Turk/Bass/Howard Bench: Richardson, Reddick, Anderson

Pretty stacked. No way i see Nelson coming off the bench. hes a starter for sure.

---------- Post added December-18th-2010 at 03:46 PM ----------

David Aldrige just reported that the deal is complete. on Nba.com

Gil is gone. It was fun watching. Especially that hibatchi season where he was just tearin it up. Good luck

BS McD5. You can't be serious. Planet Smoothie???

The guy used performance enhancers, got busted and has been in a slump ever since. Vince Carter might have had a role in bringing him down but lets get real. You don't become a worse rebounder and scorer in one season because a washed up SG was added to your team.

Yes, totally serious. I will dig up an article for you. It was a big deal down here.

A lot of players and coaches said that he often went to Planet Smoothie. So, the local paper down here tested all of their drinks. 70% of them literally, contained what he was busted for.

He doesn't do steroids Vishal. Look at him. And although I still don't see confirmation of this deal, he might be a great player for you.

Edited by McD5

Eh. I think some of us are overrating Gilbert a bit. In my mind this is a lateral move plus $20 mil saved. I still wanted a draft pick though..

GA, the problem is that Phoenix unloaded a heap of crap onto Orlando and got back a starting center, a good defensive/3 point shooting SF and a friggin first round pick.

Where as all Ernie fetched is a guy whose contract sucks as well. We might save the last year of the deal, but it adds extra salary for this year, the next year and potentially for the year after that. No other compensation is absolutely unbelievable. I don't have a problem with letting Gil go, but I have a huge problem with an unbalanced trade.

Edited by No Excuses

Sucks the way the Gil era ended here.

Oh well......

Yeah but now its time for the John Wall era! If only he would man up and play through 'knee tendinitis' . Barkley and smith were bashing him for that lol

Edited by Shabby

Yeah acquire knee tendinitis and see if you can play 40 minutes a night at the speed Wall does. For the sake of making him look like a tough guy, lets put him out on the court without proper medical care for something that can escalate into a career threatener.

Man up right? What a joke.

Yeah acquire knee tendinitis and see if you can play 40 minutes a night at the speed Wall does. For the sake of making him look like a tough guy, lets put him out on the court without proper medical care for something that can escalate into a career threatener.

Yeah my "mother****er" up above wasn't directed at Wall. I get why he's sitting. I'm just bitter about the situation. And my enthusiasm for games falls a good 80% when he's not playing.

I get what you're saying. But I see it as the extra year gone, $20 mil saved, we aren't competing this year or next year or probably the year after, this is a long game move, and plus I really don't think Wall and Arenas are compatible. On the floor. Of no fault of their own. It was just a bad mix. So this frees up Wall to take lead on this team as he should. Plus this is the final nail in the coffin of a period that ended really, really badly. Now this is Wall's team and Ted's team full on.

I'm not totally thrilled with the trade. I wanted a draft pick. But I'm not mad about it.

Obviously you missed the sarcasm. I was referring to what barkley and smith were saying when they said if they didnt play because of knee tendinitis then they would have missed entire seasons.

For the record, flip has said he has to man up in an interview that was played on 106.7 . I dont agree with him because he is the face of the franchise and is still very young, but he did say it none the less. Apparently saunders must be a joke as well.

. Apparently saunders must be a joke as well.

Flip won't be here in a year or two. Wall is supposed to be the franchise for 10 years. Flip is the last person who should call people out for not being man enough. His own ex players have publicly bashed him for being a weasel.

But continue making stupid arguments.

Flip won't be here in a year or two. Wall is supposed to be the franchise for 10 years. Flip is the last person who should call people out for not being man enough. His own ex players have publicly bashed him for being a weasel.

But continue making stupid arguments.

This is coming from the guy who said lewis is on steroids. LOL

i got a funny feeling Lewis is going to come up with an "injury" about a week after he gets here and spends the majority of this season in street clothes

Yeah that seems to happen to us lately. When we got Howard last season, he injured him self and was out for the rest of the season. Im excited to see him come back tho.

Rashard is now officially the second most popular player on the Wiz.

First, if Wall doesn't heal.

You are really going to like him. Great, quiet guy. Doesn't go out to bars or get in fights. Good character for the organization.

And now without Vince Carter hogging the ball, if you can get someone to pass to him, he is freaking lethal.

Incredible 3 pt shooter, and above average defender. He's exciting as hell.

I'll be rooting for him.

Edited by McD5

Yeah that seems to happen to us lately. When we got Howard last season, he injured him self and was out for the rest of the season. Im excited to see him come back tho.

There's a difference between coming up with an "injury" and shredding your ACL.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.