Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

34 minutes ago, Destino said:

What's Washington's big picture strategy?  We're not the Cavs or Warriors that are looking to squeeze the most out of their championship windows.  One would assume that we're trying to be next in line.  Boston is adding young talent to the team that beat us in the playoffs.  It may not get the through the Cavs, but the Cavs are old so it positions them to maybe be next in the East.  

What are we adding that makes us better now and better in the future?  The answer appears to be "nothing" and if that's true, it's unacceptable.  

And Wall's watching, yet to sign the extension........

And now we're competing for 3rd in the east.  How the hell can anyone defend Grunfeld's continued employment?  He has repeatedly shown that he has a ceiling he simply can not break.  We've gone as far as his talents can take us and we'll enter into the period where it begins to fall apart if changes aren't made.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Destino said:

What's Washington's big picture strategy?  We're not the Cavs or Warriors that are looking to squeeze the most out of their championship windows.  One would assume that we're trying to be next in line.  Boston is adding young talent to the team that beat us in the playoffs.  It may not get the through the Cavs, but the Cavs are old so it positions them to maybe be next in the East.  

What are we adding that makes us better now and better in the future?  The answer appears to be "nothing" and if that's true, it's unacceptable.  

Hoping for internal growth..... and Boogie Cousins in about a year. :)

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

17 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Yep, he aint ****ing with that Meeks & Scott combo

Pretty much every SF free agent ranking has Hayward and Otto ranked 1 & 2.  I prefer Otto...he's got a better three stroke and he's much younger.  

Your mileage may vary, of course.  Danny Ainge, who put a flame thrower to his own nuts on the Butler/George deals, is a very handsome man.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Pretty much every SF free agent ranking has Hayward and Otto ranked 1 & 2.  I prefer Otto...he's got a better three stroke and he's much younger.  

Your mileage may vary, of course.  Danny Ainge, who put a flame thrower to his own nuts on the Butler/George deals, is a very handsome man.

Its not a matter of otto vs heyward. Its the fact that boston is adding him, amd a top 3 pick, to a team that beat us in the playoffs. We have added replacement level parts

11 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Its not a matter of otto vs heyward. Its the fact that boston is adding him, amd a top 3 pick, to a team that beat us in the playoffs. We have added replacement level parts

Btw, the Hayward to Boston reports are false...for now.

17 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

And none as good as Bojan, who is almost certainly on the way out. 

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Last summer's debacle and Ernie's draft record has screwed us,

The only way we can improve is moving the centers contracts. We will have to give up future draft picks to do so, but I still believe we can get Cousins next summer if we can dump these contracts.

Gortat can be moved but Mahinmi is an albatross.

But I've felt this way for a while, I do not believe this is a championship core.

30 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Last summer's debacle and Ernie's draft record has screwed us,

The only way we can improve is moving the centers contracts. We will have to give up future draft picks to do so, but I still believe we can get Cousins next summer if we can dump these contracts.

Gortat can be moved but Mahinmi is an albatross.

But I've felt this way for a while, I do not believe this is a championship core.

If Miles Plumlee can be traded, so can Mahinmi. 

Agreed on your last point.  This is in no way a championship core.  Need a legit 3rd star/superstar on the roster. 

• Like 1