Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

19 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

At least he only gave him 7 mil. And not 87 mil.. 

only a little more per year than he gave Nicholson... who we had to trade a 1st round pick to get rid of.  I wonder how this will turn out? 

Almost rather have Bojan on a 3 year 15 million dollar deal than Porter for 4 years at 25+ million

If Mahinmi who has always been garbage could get 16 million from us why can't Bogs get that.....

And actually yeah Rather sign Bogs to something like that and sign CJ Miles as well, and start Oubre and let Porter walk for the money that he is not worth.

Wall-Beal-Oubre-Morris-Gortat 

Frazier-Meeks-Miles-Bogs-Mahinmi also have Smith.... could actually make for a productive and efficient bench

Do we believe in Oubre is the big question?  He is much better defensively than Porter.... can he make a 3rd year lea offensively?

Edited by Skins199021

24 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You're fine giving a below average career back up like Bojan 16 million per year and have an issue with giving Otto 25?

That's absurd.

Dude he has been in the league 1 less year than Otto. Is in his prime, just as good of a long range shooter as Otto. Yeah I would rather pay him 10 million less than Otto and using that money saved to go after another guy in the 10-12 million range.... making us a better team.

Especially when you add in the fact that we have another SF all the roster entering his 3rd season and is much better defensively than Otto

Edited by Skins199021

2 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

Dude he has been in the league 1 less year than Otto. Is in his prime, just as good of a long range shooter as Otto. Yeah I would rather pay him 10 million than Otto and using that money saved to go after another guy in the 10-12 million range.... making us a better team.

Especially when you add in the fact that we have another SF all the roster entering his 3rd season and is much better defensively than Otto

Otto is a much better shooter than Bojan.  Not even that close.  One was top-5 in the league, the other wasn't. 

Not to mention, Otto brings MUCH more to the table and has more of an upside. 

I'm not arguing whether or not Otto is worth the money he's going to get, but he's a significantly better player than Bobo. 

Just now, RonArtest15 said:

Otto is a much better shooter than Bojan.  Not even that close.  One was top-5 in the league, the other wasn't. 

Not to mention, Otto brings MUCH more to the table and has more of an upside. 

I'm not arguing whether or not Otto is worth the money he's going to get, but he's a significantly better player than Bobo. 

Its more prudent to look at their career from beyond the ark, rather than one year. Bogs has been every bit as reliable from beyond the arc in his career as Otto has.

Porter is better and younger... but I don't think by any outrageous amount. Certainly not the difference to consider 16 million for Bogs a joke, but 25+ million for Otto, anything less than that.

1 minute ago, Skins199021 said:

Dude he has been in the league 1 less year than Otto. Is in his prime, just as good of a long range shooter as Otto. Yeah I would rather pay him 10 million than Otto and using that money saved to go after another guy in the 10-12 million range.... making us a better team.

1 - He's 28.  Otto is 23

2 - If Bojan is in his prime, then that's not an argument for him.  Prime Bojan isn't half the player that Otto already is.

3 - He's not as good a shooter as Otto as he's never come remotely close to the kind of season of making shots that Otto just had.

4 - We're over the cap.  There is no 10 million saved to use on other players in this scenario.

5 - Oubre might be a marginally better defender than Otto right now, although I don't know how you demonstrate that since all of Otto's metrics were better.  Regardless, Otto is massively better on offense, and he is a significantly better player right now.