Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

We were never getting PG, Ernie pretending to be busy is nothing new.  He's a bum. 

Sad to see talent leaving the East, I'd like to see the opposite.  Too bad Ernie didn't even get a meeting with Hayward. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

Sad to see talent leaving the East, I'd like to see the opposite.  Too bad Ernie didn't even get a meeting with Hayward. 

Not even sure Hayward is an upgrade over Otto.  This FA class is lame now that Blake Griffin has signed long term.  Paul Millsap is the only guy left who could actually be a difference maker for us.  Not gonna lie, I don't like him and don't really want to root for that crybaby.

Our best remaining play, by far, is to focus on signing Boogie Cousins next summer.  We just need to bring Otto back, get some bench help on the wings, and then focus on moving Mahinmi for an expiring by the deadline.

• Like 1

Giannis and LeBron are the only front court locks in the conference.  Kevin Love probably makes it too, but he's no lock.  After that it's a whole lot of meh, especially since Millsap is going to be on the move.

The conference is guard heavy but it has almost no worthy bigs and forwards left.  I think Otto makes it.

We've only got the MLE to work with.  You can get someone decent for that though.  A combo forward who can play credible PF would be nice.  A combo guard who can give us some PG insurance in case Tim Frazier sucks would be nice too.

Whatever we do, it needs to be a one year deal.  No new long term money ahead of the summer of 2018.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Giannis and LeBron are the only front court locks in the conference.  Kevin Love probably makes it too, but he's no lock.  After that it's a whole lot of meh, especially since Millsap is going to be on the move.

The conference is guard heavy but it has almost no worthy bigs and forwards left.  I think Otto makes it.

DeRozen.  Also, the east took no centers last season.  Whiteside and Drummond would also be competing with Otto.  

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

DeRozen.  Also, the east took no centers last season.  Whiteside and Drummond would also be competing with Otto.  

DeRozan's a guard.  Although maybe he moves to SF to accommodate more playing time for Norman Powell.

I think Whiteside will make it next year.  Not sure about Drummond.  I think he's closer to getting traded than getting back to the AS game.

Otto is going to put up ridiculous numbers playing for one of the best teams in the conference.  He's going to have the inside track to the game.

Terrible trade for OKC. George isn't staying there longer then a year. Terrible trade for Indy too. That's the best you can get, really?

If I'm Boston I'm kicking myself for not offering the #3 pick or something along those lines.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Terrible trade for OKC. George isn't staying there longer then a year. Terrible trade for Indy too. That's the best you can get, really?

If I'm Boston I'm kicking myself for not offering the #3 pick or something along those lines.

some reports out there saying that offered that and more