Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

8 minutes ago, Fight4RGIII said:

Oubre is such a terrible dribbler and driver to the basket. Gotta work on that and he will be very solid at worst.

He's super raw, but I like his attitude and he's not doing bad from 3 tonight.  He's in a good spot to be developed into a quality player, I can trust Brooks with that.

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Fight4RGIII said:

Oubre is such a terrible dribbler and driver to the basket. Gotta work on that and he will be very solid at worst.

You forgot to add shooting to the things he's terrible at.  I'm not as high on his potential as others.  Defense is how he's gonna have to last in this league.

The sad thing is we had an opportunity for a clean slate. Randy and Grunfeld both could've been replaced and instead Ted gave Ernie a loaded shotgun. Tons of cap space and no one to spend it on and he still blew it all anyway. What a disaster this situation is and it's almost a guarantee John Wall walks in two years. Ted is a truly terrible, gutless, embarrassment of an owner. 

1 hour ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

Free chicken gets a louder applause than Wall setting franchise records..

Cuz this franchise sucks

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Gortat has absolutely no awareness on offense

I hate that ****ing promotion

if uve gotten free chicken sandwich from cik-fil-a, you'd know it is a great promotion.

7 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

3 guys with 20 point nights, and Otto with a solid 20-8, yet we lose handily. I'm so sorry, John. 

Yeah.  Few things are as demoralizing as seeing your best players play well in losses.  The role players just aren't getting it done.  And I thought the defense was improving after the previous two games, but it hasn't.

You can't win with defense this bad.

32 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

We have from now until the trade deadline to fix this team or else wall is gone. I guarantee it. 

You could very well be right.  We are on thin ice with him.

And TBH, I'm not sure there is much we can do to secure our future with him short of bringing in DeMarcus Cousins.  And I'd be surprised if Sacramento traded him.

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

We have from now until the trade deadline to fix this team or else wall is gone. I guarantee it. 

this franchise doesn't deserve him

he won't win anything significant as the #1 option on a team, and the front office lacks the planning, creativity, and general competence to go get another star

much rather see him leave and latch on somewhere else than waste his talents here

I'm not going to be able to watch him in a different jersey.  I won't blame him for leaving if he does and won't bear him any ill will.  I've just invested too much hope and emotion into him since he was drafted to watch him play somewhere else.

If he leaves, I hope he goes to San Antonio.  He'd be a great fit there and he'd fully realize his potential in a situation like that.

• Like 1

I like how the guys are driving to the basket more now it seems and pressuring the defense...and making free throws.  Otto had a great night 20 points, 8 boards and 3 steals.  Wall played great again 21 points, 8 assists and 5 rebounds but that stupid **** at the end is not a good look. 

So much is wrong with this team however I don't know what to say.  It's demoralizing.