Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I love when Wall is feeling it and starts trying plays like that. Confident + engaged Wall will toy with defenders like he's playing in an AAU game. He becomes impossible to guard.

Same ****ing thing happened for Harden unfortunately. The shots he took last night were straight up playground. All kinds of off the dribble step backs and fades and fallaways. And he made all of them. Looked like Paul Pierce in his prime.

What I don't get is, if a guy can do those things, why the hell does he feel the need to cheat and manipulate the refs like Harden does? He's already one of the best scorers in the league without doing that crap.

Also, how are the refs falling for his act so reliably? Nobody gets touch fouls called like him. Not prime Kobe/LeBron/Curry/CP3/Durant, etc. And CP3 in particular spends just as much time and energy trying to manipulate and intimidate officials. Harden must be their best friend.

Harden is probably more reliable at hitting difficult contested isolation offense shots than Wall and Beal are at hitting their standard compliment of mid range shots coming around screens. I've watched that guy hit ridiculous shots so many times that you just have to expect it.

I'm concerned that Wall and Beal will never be efficient or consistent enough to work as a two star team.

I was talking with my Dad about Beal. I don't know if you can give him a max deal, everyone keeps talking about his potential which is high but the consistency is not there.

He flashes but it's so up and down that's more reminiscent of a high quality role player than a second star.

His injury history is also very concerning going forward.

I was talking with my Dad about Beal. I don't know if you can give him a max deal, everyone keeps talking about his potential which is high but the consistency is not there.

He flashes but it's so up and down that's more reminiscent of a high quality role player than a second star.

His injury history is also very concerning going forward.

he will get a max deal from somebody, its a risky proposition for whoever inks him

You give Beal the max out of good faith like what was done with Wall.  It can EASILY be argued that at the time of the extension, Wall wasn't worth it.  However, if you look at the big picture...and even with his ups and downs, the potential for him to develop into a top-3 SG completely outweighs the risk. 

he will get a max deal from somebody, its a risky proposition for whoever inks him

You're right, he's going to get it but man it makes me nervous for him to be the second star. You just don't see the growth like you did with Wall, he flashed in the playoffs then just regressed to,start this year and last year.

In other news New Orleans is an awesome city, I love that place.

You give Beal the max out of good faith like what was done with Wall.  It can EASILY be argued that at the time of the extension, Wall wasn't worth it.  However, if you look at the big picture...and even with his ups and downs, the potential for him to develop into a top-3 SG completely outweighs the risk.

I may be misremembering but Wall had better growth year to year than Beal has had. He had shown for extended periods that he was the guy with a much worse cast.

I know he's going to get it but man it makes me nervous.