Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wall is a beast.  Nobody else could have succeeded like him in the situation he was brought into here.  And none of the other young stud PGs could carry us to respectability like Wall does.  Not Lillard nor Irving.  Wall can do it all now and he has to just to get us to win more than 30 games a year.

The last time we didn't have Wall we went 5-28.  And this current roster ain't that different from that one.

My fear is that we're going to waste Wall's prime and run him into the ground playing 3,000+ minutes a season for flawed teams and awful coaches.  The guy has the heart of a champion and deserves to lead a team with a real chance to compete for a title.

• Like 3

I rarely get to watch Wiz games, but the box scores remind me of the 2010 through 2012 Lakers with Kobe and Pau. Aside from the superstars, the rest of the team didn't seem to give a great effort night in, and seemed coasting through the regular season into the playoffs.

Seems like this Wiz team is disinterested in the regular season after tasting playoffs last year. I don't know if they will be able to flip a switch - this team has little juice.

Wall is a beast.  Nobody else could have succeeded like him in the situation he was brought into here.  And none of the other young stud PGs could carry us to respectability like Wall does.  Not Lillard nor Irving.  Wall can do it all now and he has to just to get us to win more than 30 games a year.

The last time we didn't have Wall we went 5-28.  And this current roster ain't that different from that one.

My fear is that we're going to waste Wall's prime and run him into the ground playing 3,000+ minutes a season for flawed teams and awful coaches.  The guy has the heart of a champion and deserves to lead a team with a real chance to compete for a title.

I'll say it again, its down right criminal that a talent like Wall has spent his formative years handcuffed to a lame-duck in Saunders and Randy ****ing Wittman.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 3

Gooden just couldn't get a body on Lee and Gortat got outmuscled by Ezeli. They got punked.

I know what you're saying but rewind and tell me where The wizards 1, 2, and 3 are? Watch the warriors rebound and notice that you will clearly see 4 of them at least move towards the rim unless it bounces directly to one of their guys.

Defensive rebounds are a 5 person job.

Refs are letting a lot of contact slide. Both ways.

I know what you're saying but rewind and tell me where The wizards 1, 2, and 3 are? Watch the warriors rebound and notice that you will clearly see 4 of them at least move towards the rim unless it bounces directly to one of their guys.

Defensive rebounds are a 5 person job.

They're not getting boards from outnumbering us on the glass. Their bigs are getting them over ours. Our perimeter players are going to leak out and run the break when the opponent takes a jumper. Our bigs have to do their work on the glass to make it work.