Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Otto Porter is a bust, I am calling it. If he had. juice, he would produce. But - no juice. Just a role player, not a major contrbutor. NBA ready is a nice way of saying 7th man off the bench ready.

I called it way prematurely (halfway through rookie season) but I truly felt it. I've said many times on ES that if there's something special about a pro athlete, it shows right away. I didn't see it then, didn't see it last season, and don't see anything now that tells me he'll ever be consistent or become starter material.

I like the fans who blame the players for struggling when they have no chance because the coaches are terrible.

I like the members who judge other members for having opinions about players that haven't done jack with what opportunities they've been given.

I want to write off Porter but Wittman is not good with young players. I'm not sure he's invisible with a better coach. Young players just don't succeed here, it's why we have an ancient team for the most part.

This times X 1000000000000000000.

We are awful at developing young talent. There is more evidence suggesting the problem lies with coaching and managing than with the players themselves.

I like the members who judge other members for having opinions about players that haven't done jack with what opportunities they've been given.

Name one single young player under Wittman/EG's career that have proven themselves in this league. Ill help: John Wall, Michael Redd. Thats it. There is no one else. Does that not say something. They have been around in this league for 2 decades!

I don't even count John Wall. He was a #1/1 pick and consensus guaranteed all-star. Even then, it took him four years to really get going. Under a better staff he's probably this good in half the time and right now would be a 20/10 MVP candidate.

• Like 1

Thats the point though. John is a once in decade type of talent. He doesnt count. So... Neither of them combined have more than Redd to show for developing young players. In fact how many of the young guys who were drafted here in the last 6-7 years are out of the league already? I was a huge hater of Vesley's game. But do i think under someone else he could have suceeded? Sure. He could run the floor, was tall, long, and played good help defense. On top of that he had great athleticism for a 7 footer. So the team has him baloon up to 300 lbs to play the 5, and take away all of his *limited skills. I dont care if you have been watching this team for 40 years. If you cant see that these two clowns have no idea how to develop young players, then there is no discussion to be had.

• Like 1

We drafted the safe prospects with good skills and high bball IQs in Beal and Porter. Our coach is incompetent if he can't develop them. You don't get easier clay to work with. But this coach simply has no vision, creativity, or basic experience with developing young players. He can't even run a modern NBA offense. He's the guy who made a young Kevin Love stop shooting threes.

Name one single young player under Wittman/EG's career that have proven themselves in this league. Ill help: John Wall, Michael Redd. Thats it. There is no one else. Does that not say something. They have been around in this league for 2 decades!

That's fine. stevemcqueen1 is a very savvy b-ball guy who knows more than I do about the game. I'll defer to you guys for now. However, I'm not "wrong" until Ted gets wise and cans Witt.

I don't see the makings of a starter regardless. Sorry if that upsets you guys. I called it then and I'm calling it now.

Shaky start

I asked this question earlier in the thread, but I don't think anyone answered. In games he started, has Otto ever failed to break double digits?

I honestly don't know the answer.

Man they are being really hesitant with these whistles.  They haven't been calling ticky tack stuff on us but they're really letting the Clippers play.

Thanks Skin'EmAlive, now every time I hear Matt Barnes's name a I get a cold chill down my spine.

Griffin looks like he's lost weight.

Missed three lay ups in a row good lord.  Though Wall got hit on the first one and no call.