Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I have been one of the posters here who complained about the nene trade, and I'll tell you why. I would have rather let McGee walk and picked up a stop gap or something and tried going after Monroe. I like nene, but dude isn't always reliable. Or I would have kept McGee (if cheaply possible) and grabbed a uber efficient 4 at the time. I may be wrong, but I believe big al jefferson and milsap were available. That being said, I really love his play when he is on.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

I have a buddy work works at Phillips Arena. He said their 'normal' level of luxury suite attendees for today's game is about 1/2 of what they normally have for a Hawks game. He didn't say what the regular tix sales were for the game. 

I'm guessing all of the Cowpies fans will be staying home to watch that game vs. going to the Wiz vs. Hawks game. 

Will almost be a neutral court for the game today. 

Nene's salary has been crippling for this team. It's been offset by the development of Wall and the Gortat trade. 

I think their is still some long term worry with this team in terms of our big men. We have Gortat but really everyone else is either old or not a starter.

The good news is that people seem to want to play in DC now because of Wall and Beal. 

Here's hoping KD2DC is happens. Otherwise, I worry about the long term ceiling of this team. The other best case scenario if we miss out on KD is that Porter develops enough where he can be a major centerpiece for a trade. Wall will need an elite perimeter scorer or a high caliber big man to really have this team contending for the Finals and a championship.

Nene's salary has been crippling for this team. It's been offset by the development of Wall and the Gortat trade. 

I think their is still some long term worry with this team in terms of our big men. We have Gortat but really everyone else is either old or not a starter.

Fwiw, this upcoming draft will be loaded with big men.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

We're not even trying on defense. Going under screens on shooters, losing rotations. On the Mike Scott cut to the rim WTF was Humphries doing? He was somewhere in the paint, not guarding anyone.

They're going to beat our asses. They are literally doing everything better. Sunday remains a day of sorrows.