Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

OMG I love Paul Pierce. He is such a crusty ****!

http://nesn.com/2014/10/paul-pierce-i-cant-stand-lebron-james-other-young-nba-stars/

Paul Pierce: ‘I Can’t Stand’ LeBron James, Other Young NBA Stars

The article isn't as good as the headline. Pierce man. He added about a hundred levels of swagger to our team. We're going to let our dicks swing this year. First ****ing game, in the preseason, and he gets four of our guys suspended LOL! He is exactly what we needed.

Second night in a row that our perimeter defense was poor.  Made Fournier look like he was on the path to a HOF career.

Fournier was hot in that last quarter and beating some good defense though. He was making LONG threes off the bounce and got a lot of easy buckets off turnovers. It sucked to see him go off like that, but I don't call our perimeter defense poor because of that. I thought they played well and they absolutely hounded their PGs and forced a ton of TOs. John, Porter, and Temple were really aggressive and disruptive. Porter got whistled for a couple awful fouls too.

Yep, I think Gortat had an one hander that he clanked off the back of the rim.

I guess they're going to have to add ally oop to the practice schedule. Can't have our guys failing to make the high light reels and reminding the nation we exist. Bums!

• Like 1

Yep, I think Gortat had an one hander that he clanked off the back of the rim.

Ouch. He also missed those FTs Vesely style, but I give him a pass on that because I think he was still hurting pretty badly from the fall.

He fell over getting an uncontested rebound too and looked like he hurt himself until he got up and sheepishly ran down the court.

Sometimes Gortat is so goofy. When he screws up sometimes I can't help but laugh. He has a funny face.

I dont like the iso plays with Pierce, everyone was just standing around.  I like that he can do that, just dont like that is our designed offense at the end of the game.

It's not really by design. It's about all we had to go to that could work. Orlando's defense was set up. Crunch time is hard to run any kind of play that creates good shots because the defensive intensity ramps up and they get themselves in position. Almost all of the good teams have players that can get scores by creating for themselves or someone else at a reliable level in crunch time.

That kind of stuff makes up the difference in wins and losses so often. It's a big part of what separates a 50 win team from a 40 win team IMO: having a crunch time creator. It's the single most valuable attribute and it's why those guys get paid so much. We were lucky to get that closer skill set in Pierce, and for dirt cheap. The only reason was because he's 37 and was just looking for one last stop on a good team before retirement. Wall is the wellspring of our organizational appeal. Pierce would be in Dallas or something if not for him.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

I dont like the iso plays with Pierce, everyone was just standing around.  I like that he can do that, just dont like that is our designed offense at the end of the game.

we dont have a designed offense

and he had Ben Gordon guarding him. A smaller man on Pierce is something id take 100 times out of 100. Its called exploiting a matchup.

Edited by JoeWolf990