Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Move Jamaal to the left side?

Chachie

Shanny just addressed it in his presser, saying that Heyer would start on the left side if Trent can't go.

Let's put Dockery at tackle. That's what he played in college and his size (6"6 330) fits the role of a tackle more than a guard, especially in this scheme.

Dockery started six games at tackle in college, but started a whole lot more at guard. He doesn't really have the lateral quickness to be a tackle.

Great. Heyer on the left side all alone... As soon as I saw him at LT with MW across from him, I thought to myself this isn't gonna be good..

Sure enough he has to basically choke slam the guy to keep him from killing McNabb.. AND negates the 20 yd pass for a first down..

But Heyer won't have that hard of a challenge this week. Chris Long is much more improved and I'm sure they'll move Chris around the line and exploit any advantage he might have, but Heyer should be ok I'm not worried..... too much :ols:

It's up to Shanny to decide this. Jamaal's hip may still not be 100% and would not allow him to have the range of motion needed to play the LOT position.

IF he is healed and has the range needed, to me he would be the logical choice to replace Williams until he is able to come back.

It's up to Shanny to decide this. Jamaal's hip may still not be 100% and would not allow him to have the range of motion needed to play the LOT position.

IF he is healed and has the range needed, to me he would be the logical choice to replace Williams until he is able to come back.

An injured Brown is better than a healthy Heyer.

Stephon Heyer is god-awful.

An injured Brown is better than a healthy Heyer.

Stephon Heyer is god-awful.

That was my line of thought too but I do want to stop short of calling Stephon awful. He's had a training camp to learn the position, he's been on the field in some wars before, and he's another year "better." This is a different system and I'm hoping that might help him. I also don't really think it's so inconceivable that Heyer came into a heated, crazy shootout on a moment's notice and got punked into a penalty by an amazing and "in the zone" Mario Williams. That can happen. Bad timing but once we hit the 4th quarter there was an awful lot of bad timing going on with the Skins.

That was my line of thought too but I do want to stop short of calling Stephon awful. He's had a training camp to learn the position, he's been on the field in some wars before, and he's another year "better." This is a different system and I'm hoping that might help him. I also don't really think it's so inconceivable that Heyer came into a heated, crazy shootout on a moment's notice and got punked into a penalty by an amazing and "in the zone" Mario Williams. That can happen. Bad timing but once we hit the 4th quarter there was an awful lot of bad timing going on with the Skins.

Eh.

I have never seen a thing out of Heyer that's impressed me in pass protection. He's OK in the running game, but he cannot play LT even against the Rams. Chris Long is no slouch, and I think he'd work Heyer.

Absolutely logical. I'm skeptical, however, that we'll only lose Trent for 2 games. 3-5 weeks sounds more realistic. Or pessimistic if you know me. ;)

I really hope its not 3-5 weeks. Things could get ugly if that happens. A.) the line will miss all the time gelling, B.) McNabb will have a much higher chance of getting injury, C.) the line will have to gel once again come week 8 when it could possibly be too late, depending on how Heyer performs at LT.

If Trent is only out for one game I say just put Heyer in at LT. St Louis's pass rush blows so I think he could be just fine (knock on wood)

As a previous poster said, Brown needs practice at RT, and taking him out of that position will just delay his progress

Archived