Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vote for my school!

MissU28

Washington Middle School

My school was announced as a finalist in Bounty’s Make A Clean Difference contest. The contest was designed to provide clean and creative art environments for schools in need nationwide with the grand prize winner receiving a celebrity art classroom makeover worth $25,000!

I know I have voted for many of you and your causes, so I ask that you help us out!

Here is the excerpt about our school on the contest page:

Washington Middle School is located in the North San Diego County of California. It serves approximately 780 wonderful students in grades 6-8. At the end of the last school year, 114 of these students were designated as homeless. Ninety-four percent of our students are below the poverty level. Expression through art gives these students an outlet for their feelings, situations, and a place to dream of a bright future! Our school and our art room will turn 50 years old this year. It is old, but continues to have a heart. Each year I am amazed at the ideas, beauty, and quality of the art that comes our of this old room. I remember being a student in that same room some 40 years ago and the joy it brought me! The Make A Clean Difference Award would help renew our art room and program and allow the WMS staff to demonstrate to the community that even old buildings and rooms can be a place where great teachers unleash the tremendous potential in students. The Make A Clean Difference Award will give students an inviting place to be creative and work on those dreams not just during school hours, but in before and after school art clubs. The students and staff of Washington Middle School appreciate your consideration and dedication.

Voting goes until August 27! Please vote! Thank you! Our kids deserve this! Our API score (Academic Performance Indicator) went up almost 50 points this year, which is truly amazing!

Archived