Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Williams Observation

Greenhorn

I agree with everyone. I think Williams played decent outside the few plays Suggs got through. That is gonna happen. Suggs is an animal and one of the best OLBs in the game. This is the best thing to happen to Williams. He is going to be playing against WARE in a few weeks and he is on the same level, if not better than Suggs. He needs the game tape and preperation.

On a side note, I'm glad it's an "elbow contusion" but it is still a bit scary to see him in a sling. that freaked me out when i saw it live.

Someone should do a play-by-play analysis of Trent ... I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

On one play in particular ... that sticks in my mind ... Suggs bull-rushed and actually got passed him on the outside ... but TW adjusted by blocking down and pancaking Suggs into the ground as McNabb got the pass off.

It was beautiful.

I'm glad this is only pre-season and not the regular season. Yes Trent was beat on some plays by a Pro Bowl defender, but what rookie wouldn't have a problem with Suggs on the left side. But he'll be fine overall.

True - rookies will have that problem...

Bad things Ware, plus Jared Allen, plus Freeney...

So, it is something to keep an eye on...because TW is going to see some of the leagues BEST this year!

Don't get me wrong...he is going to be a beast.

I am watching the DVR replay on NFL Network. If you watch the line play at the snap of the ball....Trent is clearly a step slow getting off. More apparent on plays he is beaten badly on. Earlier in camp he alluded to this and he thought he had ajusted. It is interesting to see how a rookie responds to the speed of the NFL. This is just another learning point as he continues his climb to be an elite NFL tackle. I think this game will actually be a turning point for him.

:dallasuck

EDIT: Haha....damn the painkillers in the morning!

He should watch film of Michael Oher. Oher was getting off the snap so quick it looked like a false start half the time!

Guys, let's stop hyping Terrell Suggs. He hasn't had double digit sacks since 2004. Having your #4 pick in the draft get beaten by Suggs is not reason to panic but it is also not something easily dismissed. The really great LTs in the NFL came in as rookies and rarely got beaten by anyone. It's not a position with a steep learning curve.

Guys, let's stop hyping Terrell Suggs. He hasn't had double digit sacks since 2004. Having your #4 pick in the draft get beaten by Suggs is not reason to panic but it is also not something easily dismissed. The really great LTs in the NFL came in as rookies and rarely got beaten by anyone. It's not a position with a steep learning curve.

Have you every played the position before OldFan? I thought you were an expert in QBs? ;)

I didn't see the Jets game and haven't seen much mentioned about Williams, so how did he do? How did the O-line do in general?

I remember one play in which TW knocked the defenders helmet off. He also had a scuffle with another defender, i believe.

Although I'm sure someone else can offer a better, more detailed explanation, I came away from the Jetts game believing that Trent Williams is the real mf deal.

Hail! :)

After the Ravens game, I got the impression the OL worked hard on pass protection and blitz pick-up. Grossman played well because the Jets pressure was largely contained.

I would guess we're gonna see a heavy dose of running Johnson and Parker behind both guards and tackles against the Cardinals. Hopefully, we see some success, and in week one the OL will have better balance against the Cowboys...:2cents:

I really don't see how anyone can be really concerned about a rookie who has more than held his own in preseason, and already talks about how he needs to learn and get better and talks about how he can't let the team down and stuff. Sounds like a dream come true to me. I mean, I watched every game Samuels ever played...he did give up sacks and had some bad plays. Noone is perfect. I don't see how you can be anything but excited by what we have seen out of Williams so far.

Archived