Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stadium Game Intro Video Much Improved

SonnyandSam

I thought the game intro video at the Ravens game was vastly better than the cartoonish Redskins jets blowing up the Buffalo Bills UFO we saw in the stadium last week.

Tonight's video focused on Strength, Honor and Tradition with a montage of past Redskin greats, Redskin Achievements (e.g. 3 Super Bowl wins), current Redskins in action, and famous DC landmarks (the Pentagon, the White House, etc.)

I thought it was certainly better than last weeks cartoon of Redskins jets which we saw again at the beginning of the second half blowing up a Ravens UFO.

I would like to have seen more video of great Redskins or great Redskins plays and a little less of clips/action from the 2009 Redskins.

But all in all, I thought it was a big improvement. There is a variation of it on Redskins.com but I can't get a URL for it. I'll look around for a video and post it if I can find one so those not at the game can see it.

EDIT....Someone uploaded the intro on You Tube. Not a great copy but you will get the idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqyV0oFP0Y8

I agree it was nice seeing more of the video and less of the commercials. Last year it felt like any time we would want a replay or something, we would get a commercial. I'm very impressed with the new boards they are certainly something to go see. Also felt like the staff at FedEx was a lot more friendly then they were the last few times I've been there, maybe it was just the entrance and the people were not having the best day but it just feels different at FedEx this year and I like it

I was thanked for letting them search me and then told Good Night, have a nice night as I was leaving.

Certainly not what I'm accustomed to from our friendly staff at FedEx

See Kaos I felt the same way the guys who scan the tickets were all friendly and asking us how we were doing tonight and it just felt different tonight and maybe its a new culture and its rubbing off on the staff as well. It just was different and I certainly do like it :D

The Skins are handling the commercials differently than previous years. The sponsors get their name on the screen somewhere for sponsoring the Big Hit of the game, or the Best play of the game, etc. So we are seeing a lot of game footage rather than a straight TV type commercial. There were a couple of the latter but not like last year; the way they are putting the sponsors name up on the screen is just a lot less intrusive to the fan experience and the game.

S&S, I wasn't there last night, but the video you describe WAS used before the player intros last week against the Bills. Yes, it its good.....I like the tie-in the local institutions and the "We Are Washington" slogan.

The fighter jets blowing up the UFO thingy I saw later on. I only stayed for the first quarter last week so I only saw it once.

S&S, I wasn't there last night, but the video you describe WAS used before the player intros last week against the Bills. Yes, it its good.....I like the tie-in the local institutions and the "We Are Washington" slogan.

The fighter jets blowing up the UFO thingy I saw later on. I only stayed for the first quarter last week so I only saw it once.

I think we are talking about two different videos. The player introduction video last night was similar to the video you are referring to but much longer, with more historical scenes and DC landmarks than the one you are referring to. Last night, the video ended with "Hail to the Redskins". Check out the YouTube link I posted.

The video you are referring to was shown earlier in the pre game for the Buffalo game as I recall.

Each version of the Star Spangled Banner has been really good this year.

The instrumental last week, and the vocal rendition last night were very pleasant to listen to. Short and sweet, the way it otta be.

Not a big fan of singers who wale on the anthem for three minutes.

Just posted this in the HTTR thread, but realized it would be better suited here.

Each version of the Star Spangled Banner has been really good this year.

The instrumental last week, and the vocal rendition last night were very pleasant to listen to. Short and sweet, the way it otta be.

Not a big fan of singers who wale on the anthem for three minutes.

Those military guys don't mess around with that song. The soldier last night did a great job.

That was truly one of the better ones I've heard. I was impressed and your right he didn't mess around he hit the notes perfectly and did a great job

Caleb Green/Greene is the best. He does a lot of Caps games as well. One of the best renditions of the SSB I've ever heard at a sporting event.

Archived