Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hail to the Redskins Song???

coolsnow23

I am watching the game on CSN and I heard the band playing Hail to the Redskins right after the Raven's touchdown? What's the hell is up with that? Makes no sense to me. Is that something new this year? I hope not.

:dallasuck

I am not at the game; did the game scoreboard show the points on the Redskins side......first........then get changed to the Ravens? That is what band leaders look for - scoreboard......

Hey, no big deal. The shut the song down early:) when they realized their error

did the game scoreboard show the points on the Redskins side......first........then get changed to the Ravens? That is what band leaders look for - scoreboard......

Hey' date=' no big deal. The shut the song down early:) when they realized their error[/quote']

Again, it wasn't the band.

The rendition of HTTR heard after the Ravens TD was the DJ playing a studio version of the song. A track which sounds like it was recorded sometime in the 50s or 60s.

A corny sounding version of HTTR played at the absolute wrong time. The director of in game media needs to get a clue.

Again, it wasn't the band.

The rendition of HTTR heard after the Ravens TD was the DJ playing a studio version of the song. A track which sounds like it was recorded sometime in the 50s or 60s.

A corny sounding version of HTTR played at the absolute wrong time. The director of in game media needs to get a clue.

Oh, yea - I forget about the Dj.........maybe he hit the wrong button. I was watching on the ravens NFL feed....:(.......

Oh' date=' yea - I forget about the Dj.........maybe he hit the wrong button.(.......[/quote']

I wish I could give that person the benefit of doubt, but the DJ has been playing this HTTR cut since the beginning of last year.

As others have said, there is only one reason to ever play that song during a game, and only the band should have that right. Not some punk DJ.

In game media has improved so much from last year, but this is a blemish.

My section was absolutely enraged to hear the Video Jockey play "Hail To The Redskins" (Complete with words on the screens to teach us how to sing it) after the Ravens scored. It was shocking and filled my whole area with anger. I didn't feel like singing it the rest of the game after that awful moment.

I'm planning to file a formal complaint by email tomorrow.

I, as well as others in my section, were shocked that they piped in Hail to the Redskins after the Raven TD. How incredibly stupid.

As others have posted, the Band was not playing the song. It was a prerecorded version that went with the video shown on the Stadium's HD video screens. The Stadium game day director needs to be admonished and sent to the corner for a time out.:saber:

And here's another miscue that had fans a bit puzzled: The home team band played the celebratory fight song "Hail to the Redskins" after the Ravens' first touchdown, a 1-yard run by Willis McGahee that followed the fake punt.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010082151/2010/PRE2/ravens@redskins#recap-channels:cat-post-recap-full-story

Even NFL.com noticed.

Archived