Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bottom line... McNabb has done more with less (technically)

BleedinBurgNGold

A lot of folks around the NFL and around Redskins park look at our WR situation and say that we have no chance to be successful because we don't have a true #1. It is true. Right now the Redskins do not have a true deep threat Receiver and anyone with half a brain knows we need a serious upgrade in that area.

Some folks point to McNabbs SB run with the Iggles as proof that he needs true #1 to be a SB contender because that year the Iggles had T.O. Here is the thing I feel a lot of folks are forgetting... Although the Iggles went 12-4 that year with the help of T.O., McNabb lead the Iggles through the playoffs to the SB with Todd Pinkston and Freddy Mitchell because T.O. was injured and didn't even come back till the SB. So an argument can be made that McNabb has done MORE with less in crunch time without a true #1 Deep threat. I know Malcolm, and Devin need to step up in order for this to happen, but here's hoping they do unless we go out and somehow get a deep threat.

Hail

A lot of folks around the NFL and around Redskins park look at our WR situation and say that we have no chance to be successful because we don't have a true #1. It is true. Right now the Redskins do not have a true deep threat Receiver and anyone with half a brain knows we need a serious upgrade in that area.

Tana is not a complete receiver but at his best he's both a deep threat and a "No.1" receiver because opposing defenses often roll-coverage or double cover him to contain him. (We all know that Tana is almost strictly an outside the hashes receiver and rarely goes over the middle but neither does DeSean Jackson and we can all agree that he's a No.1 receiver right?)

But, Tana isn't a true X WR or Split End (neither are DeSean Jackson, or either Steve Smiths)the receiver that lines up on the opposite side of the formation away from the TE and on the line of scrimmage that's where Zorn had him.

Shanahan is playing Tana at the Z position where he can go in motion and its harder for defenses to press him because he's off the LOS.

Devin and Malcolm have the ideal physical traits to fill the X WR position but haven't emerged yet.

I have a feeling Tana is gonna get a lot of passes thrown his way and have good year (barring injury) along with Cooley and Fred Davis the other WRs will fill in by committee if/until/unless one steps forward and claims the X WR/No.2 spot.

On what planet do we have a top ten defence? Top 10 defences dont allow 8.1 ypc.

and we also have a Mcnabb who is nowhere near as dynamic as he was even a few years ago.

our defense has been awesome for a number of years. the only time its terrible is when the offense is an abomination, and for most of 2006. 04, 05,07,08,09 our defense has been very good, and the only reason it would ever look worse is cause the offense makes it so.

offense has been the #1 problem for going on a decade now. our defense will continue to suffer until our offense gets their **** together.

our defense has been awesome for a number of years. the only time its terrible is when the offense is an abomination, and for most of 2006. 04, 05,07,08,09 our defense has been very good, and the only reason it would ever look worse is cause the offense makes it so.

offense has been the #1 problem for going on a decade now. our defense will continue to suffer until our offense gets their **** together.

I think our recent switch to the 3-4 is gonna also have an impact on our defences ranking.

Justafan- maybe lol

Our defense has been serviceable to good over the years as a 4-3, but there's no telling what's going to happen as a 3-4 base.

Our 2009 defense was 18th in points allowed, dead last in turnovers forced, and blew a bunch of late leads. That's definetely not top 10. Though I do like what I've seen from the first teamers thus far in preseason.

A flawed stat...a lot of points allowed are interceptions and fumbles returned for touchdowns. The defense was very good last year, but I just felt the team didn't care anymore towards the end of the year.

Santana is a true #1 receiver, he's just had a terrible supporting cast for most of his time here. And that includes QBs, coaches and WRs.

He has a real QB now and an offensive scheme that looks to emphasize the downfield threat more than Gibbs, Saunders, Zorn or whomever's been calling plays since we acquired him. This is the kind of offense that Santana can shine in. The only problem is he doesn't appear to have a true #2 guy to take the pressure off of him...although Anthony Armstrong made a case for it last night. We'll see.

So whats his excuse gonna be when he doesnt win at least 9 games here? passing for 200 some yards in a half and getting 3 points isnt gonna win many games.

the yardage is what matters in preseason not the score. it wasnt his fault davis didnt catch it. put the yards up consistantly and the score will follow

Tana is not a complete receiver but at his best he's both a deep threat and a "No.1" receiver because opposing defenses often roll-coverage or double cover him to contain him. (We all know that Tana is almost strictly an outside the hashes receiver and rarely goes over the middle but neither does DeSean Jackson and we can all agree that he's a No.1 receiver right?)

Did you watch the game last night? Moss had a number of catches on crossing routes over the middle, where he then gained yards after the catch. He also had his drop on a route in the middle of the field.

A flawed stat...a lot of points allowed are interceptions and fumbles returned for touchdowns. The defense was very good last year, but I just felt the team didn't care anymore towards the end of the year.
Not any more so than other teams, and our D was TERRIBLE at forcing turnovers, and it could never be counted on to hold onto a lead, even against backups. Our D was average at best last year.

It was only the 2nd preseason game........ We all need to take a deep breath. I thought several guys did a great job. CP and Armstrong among them. Have faith my friends Shanahan WILL get this team right.

Dan Snyder did not screw up this team in one season, Shanahan is not going to be able to fix it all in one season.

HAIL!

I am a new Redskins fan (ex-Eagles fan)...when they traded McNabb they traded me. But McNabb is still one of the best QB's playing...and will make any receiver look better. I can't wait for the game on Oct 3rd and am looking forward to the Redskins thrashing the eagles.

I guarantee with McNabb healthy through the year...the Redskins are going to the Playoffs and hopefully very deep into the playoffs.

I am a new Redskins fan (ex-Eagles fan)...when they traded McNabb they traded me. But McNabb is still one of the best QB's playing...and will make any receiver look better. I can't wait for the game on Oct 3rd and am looking forward to the Redskins thrashing the eagles.

I guarantee with McNabb healthy through the year...the Redskins are going to the Playoffs and hopefully very deep into the playoffs.

Donovan? Is that you?

:helmet:The Rook

Archived