Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bottom line... McNabb has done more with less (technically)

BleedinBurgNGold

thats a fallacy, he also had a top 10 defence on that team as well as a solid TE and a very good oline with decent running backs.

I think we can put that decent RBs thought to rest after this past week. CP is the only decent guy we have. Here's hoping Willie comes out running on Friday.

Did you watch the game last night? Moss had a number of catches on crossing routes over the middle, where he then gained yards after the catch. He also had his drop on a route in the middle of the field.

I watched the game.

Tana did have some catches in the middle of the field but can you honestly say that over the course of his career he's done that often?

I love Tana, he's a very dynamic receiver but c'mon he rarely goes anywhere near the middle of the field.

My one concern about Mcnabb is that...he may be too strong. Not sure if this is a plus or a minus, the plus is that he can go long easily, the bad is that he will rifle bullets out to receivers and they might not be as 'catchable'. When he needs a gentle touch, it's not so easy for him. Any mistake he makes gets amplified by his strength.

If Santana doesnt miss more than 2 games, im willing to guarantee 1100 yrs or bettr.....any bets??

I'm with ya, Moss is still a very dangerous receiver who is going to torch defenses this year. We are young in this system and will only get better, and when we do get it together, look out NFL, we're coming to kick your ass!

My one concern about Mcnabb is that...he may be too strong. Not sure if this is a plus or a minus, the plus is that he can go long easily, the bad is that he will rifle bullets out to receivers and they might not be as 'catchable'. When he needs a gentle touch, it's not so easy for him. Any mistake he makes gets amplified by his strength.

True. My brother joked that our recievers dropped so many passes because they weren't used to a QB who could actually put the ball right on their hands. :ols:

It was only the 2nd preseason game........ We all need to take a deep breath. I thought several guys did a great job. CP and Armstrong among them. Have faith my friends Shanahan WILL get this team right.

Dan Snyder did not screw up this team in one season, Shanahan is not going to be able to fix it all in one season.

HAIL!

Beautiful post!!! We will get this thing together and we just proved in only 2 preseason games that our starters can play with Super Bowl caliber teams. We are in for a fun season fans, be patient and the rest will work it's self out. We will be playing in the post season!!!

wait wait...Haven't our WRs been among the league leaders in dropped passes for years? It seems our strong armed QBs always make our WRs drop passes whether it be any one of the QBs we've had since Ramsey. The only exception was Collins who started for 4 games when JC went down. Seriously, maybe the problem isn't the QB as many have been fine elsewhere. Maybe it's something in the water making our CBs and WR get the drops.

I always wondered how good our QBs have really been since we give them so little protection and our WRs drop so much.

gbear, please dont use logic when posting, this is EXTREMEskins so if you could go ahead and just demonise either a player or players that would be super. lol

seriously, we have had drops as an issue since as you said Ramsey, and we havent ever had an Oline that was solid acroiss the board since the real hogs were playing.

I think our recent switch to the 3-4 is gonna also have an impact on our defences ranking.

Justafan- maybe lol

i think its going to have a positive impact. were already seeing our guys swarming to the ball, were seeing guys in position to make big plays and get turnovers, and i see a much more aggressive nature from our guys.

my only concern is were going to give up some big plays. were going to be running a risk/reward D which is fine by me because i think our offense will be good. at least we wont be playing super conservative, and i wont have to hear "bend dont break" ever again!

A flawed stat...a lot of points allowed are interceptions and fumbles returned for touchdowns. The defense was very good last year, but I just felt the team didn't care anymore towards the end of the year.

100% agree. the defense stopped caring towards the end of the season and it was blatantly obvious. the first cowboys game was our defenses last stand to show any sign of caring. when you allow one TD and your offense cant score over 6, your offense is the problem.

and put it this way, including that cowboys game, here is the points allowed per game:

first 10 games: 171 points, 17.1 points per game

last 6 games: 158 points, 26.3 points per game

the D just stopped caring, as did the entire team. but to think our D was somehow bad or just became bad is silly, weve got way too much talent on that side of the ball to think theyre gonna struggle that badly, even in a new defense.

my only concern is were going to give up some big plays. were going to be running a risk/reward D which is fine by me because i think our offense will be good. at least we wont be playing super conservative, and i wont have to hear "bend dont break" ever again!

I'm not even too concerned with big plays. With everyone being so aggressive and how much we'll be blitzing, the other offenses won't have many opportunities for the big play. It's when you don't get pressure on the quarterback and you're not covering well (i.e. last year) that we give up big plays.

I'm not even too concerned with big plays. With everyone being so aggressive and how much we'll be blitzing, the other offenses won't have many opportunities for the big play. It's when you don't get pressure on the quarterback and you're not covering well (i.e. last year) that we give up big plays.

i think we'll get pressure with no problem. i highly doubt haslett is going full bore in the preseason with blitz packages and exotic blitzes. i fully expect landry and orakpo to get murdering quarterbacks. and i worry about landry because with his game attitude he might actually kill somebody lol.

100% agree. the defense stopped caring towards the end of the season and it was blatantly obvious. the first cowboys game was our defenses last stand to show any sign of caring. when you allow one TD and your offense cant score over 6, your offense is the problem.

and put it this way, including that cowboys game, here is the points allowed per game:

first 10 games: 171 points, 17.1 points per game

last 6 games: 158 points, 26.3 points per game

the D just stopped caring, as did the entire team. but to think our D was somehow bad or just became bad is silly, weve got way too much talent on that side of the ball to think theyre gonna struggle that badly, even in a new defense.

Well we did play better offenses down the stretch, the O was definetely the bigger problem, and I'm not all that worried about our current D, but the 2009 D was TERRIBLE at forcing turnovers; DEAD LAST. They blew a bunch of late leads, including some in the first 10 games, and even in games where they played well, they couldn't be counted on to make a stop when we needed one.

I actually like what I've seen from the D thus far in the preseason; Buffalo didn't do diddly against us until the 3rd stringers were in, and we held Flacco to under 80 yards in about a half of play, and if the fake punt is omitted, we held them to 6 points in the 1st half. Now if Andre Carter could actually hang on to the darn ball........

When McNabb was able to do more with less was early in his career when he was a much more mobile QB who could make plays with his legs. But since then he has lost a lot of his mobility and playmaking ability with his legs and he has gotten far more injury prone. Also every offense he has played on since 2004 onward has had better offensive weapons than what the Redskins have right now. Even with the upgrades at tackle, this still might end up being the worst offensive line he has ever played behind in his career.

On what planet do we have a top ten defence? Top 10 defences dont allow 8.1 ypc.

and we also have a Mcnabb who is nowhere near as dynamic as he was even a few years ago.

Well I mean we can debate our own ways of measuring defenses, but as far as i know the league standard is still YPG. And we were 10th. Additionally we were the best redzone defense in the league. And I have a feeling that we're going to be even better this year, so yes we have a top 10 defense.

Archived