Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants Manning had his head examined post MNF incident.

Oldskool

Eli Manning-QB-Giants Aug. 17 - 6:44 pm et

Eli Manning underwent a battery of neurological tests Tuesday, the results of which are not yet known.

Coach Tom Coughlin noted that even if the tests come back clean, Manning's return to practice is complicated by the fact that his helmet rests on the 12 stitches on his forehead, which would obviously interfere with the healing process. That said, the results of the tests are ultimately more important, and Manning has said he feels fine. The cut won't be a long-term issue.

Source: Bart Hubbuch on Twitter

I expect the risk of reopening the cut will keep Eli out for at least the rest of the preseason.

Yeah I doubt he plays again until week 1. You can't risk reopening that gash again or further injury if he did suffer any minor neurological damage.

Eli Manning-QB-Giants Aug. 18 - 4:46 pm et

The Giants have ruled out Eli Manning (facial laceration) for their second preseason game.

Manning wasn't going to go more than a series or two anyway, so his "injury" remains a non-issue. Expect lots of Rhett Bomar against the Steelers.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Eli having his head examined sounds like an opening for a whole Joke Thread. Did the doctor use a magnifying glass or a microscope?

On a more serious train, hope he's doing ok and heals quickly. I don't want to hear any excuses when they get beaten. :)

Edit: Damn I said I was going to be serious. Hahahaha

I'm a little late to this one because I didn't get a chance to watch the game until NFLN played it today, but the guy who needs his head examined is Tom Coughlin. Double-yew Tee Eff is Eli Manning doing playing with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter of the first preseason game? Are they giving him a chance to win the starting job? Are they installing a new offense? That was his 5th drive, btw. He went 3 and out, they pounded it in from the 1, then 2 more 3 and outs before they actually moved the ball a little bit and he got hurt. And the Jets were blitzing almost every play. Its not like it wasn't obvious that he was going to take more shots the longer they left him in there.

What a brain-dead organization. And yes, I'd say the same thing if Jason Witten or Tony Romo sits to pee was playing in the 2nd quarter of either of the first 2 games.

Archived