Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

It's impossible not to love Sakho!

I really want him to take the next step this year. He has all the tools to be a great defender in the EPL. I hope this is the year he stays healthy and puts it all together.

• Like 2

Puts a MASSIVE damper on the window for me.

not a great signing... depends, though, if this kills any momentum (if any ever really existed) towards signing reus or someone of that quality, then it is a TERRIBLE signing. if we sign benteke AND reus (or whomever of quality), i'm good.

• Like 2

Bascombe at the Telegraph and one or two others are reporting we've agreed to meet Villa's £32.5 million release clause demand for Benteke.

Terrible, TERRIBLE move IMHO. I can only presume we've panicled with the reports of an imminent Utd bid.

Average, player that doesn't suit our style at all. BUT, that said, of Rodgers believes he's his man, then so be it. He knows he's on his last legs so back him and let him stand and, uhmmmmm, 'or' fall by his decision.

This ruins the great feeling on the window for me.

Hail.

I agree that he doesn't seem to fit Liverpool's pass and move style. I disagree that he is an average player. Average players do not score 20 goals in a season. He would not be my first option, but he is a proven goal scorer in the EPL. I would prefer a player with more movement, but I want a guy that's going to convert chances into goals. If that man turns out to be Benteke, so be it.

So you haven't read the blog and you don't know the quality of it yet you're opining on it?

To be fair, I'm the one saying blogs don't count as reliable sources. He is trying to throw it back at me by mentioning Liverpool blogs. Blogs are not meant to be sources of information, but sources of entertainment. Most bloggers take an opinionated stance in an attempt to be provocative. It's a different medium, basically the new editorial. There are many respected bloggers out there, but they do not have the same creditability as journalist. Edited by jobaga

I agree that he doesn't seem to fit Liverpool's pass and move style. I disagree that he is an average player. Average players do not score 20 goals in a season. He would not be my first option, but he is a proven goal scorer in the EPL. I would prefer a player with more movement, but if want a guys that's going to convert chances into goals. If that man turns out to be Benteke, so be it.

1 season out of 10 he's topped 20 goals. Every other year has been 16 or less. That said, his goalscoring record at Villa is very good. But he's a very patchy/ streaky getter of goals when you look more in to that. 

Just see very little to his game at all. Just a big, strong, bustling forward with little to his game outside of that muscle..Do a job if you play that way for a team like Villa. Another square peg in a round hole for a footballing team like Liverpool. 

Very, VERY disappointed if this goes through. 

Like hogs, it would take someone like Reus along with him to make this palatable for me. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I think we (like most Liverpool supporters) are on the same page when it comes to Benteke.

Is he a good striker? YES

Does he fit Liverpool's system? NO

Is he better than anything they have right now? YES

Can they better utilize the money? YES

Will he score goals for Liverpool? YES

Will he score enough to justify the fee? NO

• Like 1

I'd be shocked at this point if we have another signing come in.

One thing I am pleased with is that Benteke is here early enough to get into the team before the season starts.  We won't be waiting like we did last year with Balotelli.

At least we're learning lessons.

His weakness' far out weigh his strengths for me. 

And at £32.5 million I'm just dumbfounded. 

Just when they had you happy the way a window was going. Sorry, can't get enthused or behind this at all. 

Hoping to be proved wrong. Fully expecting not to be. 

Hail. 

You are being BEYOND dramatic about this :lol:

That money was either going to a 30 something striker or it was going to be contributing to a bidding war with Real Madrid... which we know how that one ends.

I'd like one more signing, but this window has been fantastic.

Dave O’Connell @DaveOCKOP 2m2 minutes ago

F - Firmino B - Benteke I - Ings

Edited by DC9

'That money' being the Sterling money?

That should be immaterial being as we still had (delusional) hopes of playing the 2 together when we started the chase. 

Hail. 

Well, if Jo's right and Henry wants butts in seats, then he'll grab Reus.  We know Henry LOVES Reus and I think every supporter in the world wants Reus to play on their team.

If I know this club, the move will be Kovacic (if anyone).

Edited by DC9

You are being BEYOND dramatic about this :lol:

I'mma remind you of that when I'm calling in the owed ass kickings to double my pleasure. Around the same time BR's ass is bouncing down the street and you're asking 'how the **** did he EVER think Benteke would suit his style of play?'  ;)

Just so there's no misunderstanding.  :P.

Hail. 

• Like 1

I totally believe everyone is losing their minds cause we had Reus rumors yesterday and this morning we sign Benteke.

No sweat.  He's a good player who will contribute. Is he worth the money?  Of course not, players rarely are.

'how the **** did he EVER think Benteke would suit his style of play?'  ;)

Just so there's no misunderstanding.  :P.

Hail. 

He's good and strong on the ball.  Which will allow the midfield to get up the pitch.   

He finds the ball in the box and gets it on goal.  Which is good for the 8 wingers that BR wants to dress.

So you haven't read the blog and you don't know the quality of it yet you're opining on it?

For ****s sake. Are you even following me and jo's exchange or just cherry picked on a single post? 

Within the context of the exchange it was meant to illustrate that blogs on this thread are used as supports for arguments all the time. 

New away kit launched today BTW:

I really like it

Screen-Shot-2015-04-11-at-22.43.46.png

I was holding out for a Reus for my kid...

I think I'll have to settle for a Coutinho, Firmino or depending on who wear #19 (that's his number)

**edit**

Should we be worried that God is falling out of the sky??

Edited by jobaga
  • Like 2

For ****s sake. Are you even following me and jo's exchange or just cherry picked on a single post? 

Within the context of the exchange it was meant to illustrate that blogs on this thread are used as supports for arguments all the time. 

Like I said... I'm not saying someone in here writes for that blog, but they might.

If someone in here cherry picked something similar on the Arsenal side and you knew about it, you'd probably take exception.

At least think about that for a minute before responding.

Like I said... I'm not saying someone in here writes for that blog, but they might.

If someone in here cherry picked something similar on the Arsenal side and you knew about it, you'd probably take exception.

At least think about that for a minute before responding.

I have no idea what you're talking about, because it's not even remotely following the reason I used those two blogs in my post.  

The content of any of those blogs is irrelevant as to whoever did or did not write it or if they may or may not be on ES. It's not a criticism of the content. I just picked two blog names out of the air. 

I know who Benteke is, I think he's scored against us a few times, I know some of what he's done, I know he's been on the pitch for a handful of games I've watched over three or so years. I do not remember one moment or thing he's done. Maybe I should. But nothing sticks out at all. 

Like the new Liverpool shirt I must say. 

Leeds have got it spot on this year. Plain shirt, no sponsor, everything a football shirt should be. 

I can't stomach Arsenal's new kit. Home or Away. 

next year, when I'm independently wealthy and sipping drinks on the beach with McD5, I will buy the sponsor off of Arsenal's shirts. 

• Like 2