Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

In other other news, it looks like Sturridge is hurt again

Hopefully that fires Boston up to bring in a striker.

Can Joe go a week without letting his Gerrard agenda get the better of him?

The ironic thing that you won't get any Liverpool fan disagreeing with what that clown Burley has to say there is neither here nor there. 

'Let it slip' indeed. Smiles.

Hail. 

Like I said - we had number 8 set up for my son's jersey number.  After this past weekend we changed it to 10.

Fool me once...

Like I said - we had number 8 set up for my son's jersey number.  After this past weekend we changed it to 10.

Fool me once...

Shankly's favourite son KK .....

To be replaced and bettered which nobody thought possible by the King ......

Who played alongside a little magic man called Paul Walsh he leant his shirt when he stepped back into management. And then signed an even better little magician from the North East by the name of Beardsley .....

A little Scouse wonder of the dribble who killed it on American TV coverage ......

A little Czech wizard who was instrumental in the greatest night of them all in Istanbul .....

And some South American genius you crave to have back .....

All connected by arguably the most famous football shirt in the World. The ONLY numbered shirt to wear .....

The red number SEVEN one!

*Smacks you around the head with a kipper. Wait until I tell mom!

Hail. 

• Like 1

*Smacks you around the head with a kipper. Wait until I tell mom!

Hail. 

He has to EARN the seven.  I want him creating early and young and then finishing late/while creating.

I've got methods, big brother.  I've got methods. ;)

• Like 1

Is it bad I can't for the life of me think who the current holder of the Liverpool # 7 shirt is yet I could probably name everyone from the 70's/ '80's/ '90's and into the 00's if you gave me 10 minutes?  :(

Hail. 

He is not on the team. No one received the #7 after Suarez left

Ozil is the best number 10 in the world... so Arsene plays him wide.  As did Lowe.

Mourinho played him out wide too.

Good lord fam this is basic stuff. A playmaker can play anywhere in attack. Hazard is also a beast #10 and he plays out wide with the license to roam the attack.

You all idolize Zidane without knowing that he played out wide for Juve, France in 1998, and for Madrid when that team was at its best.

Also, and this shows how much I know you have watched Ozil and Arsenal lately, Arsene has been playing him centrally while he has the license to roam.

Can Joe go a week without letting his Gerrard agenda get the better of him?

my line wasnt really anti-Gerrard, but more anti-English media who likes guys who ham it up for them and show that "pashun."

The ironic thing that you won't get any Liverpool fan disagreeing with what that clown Burley has to say there is neither here nor there.

thats great. Its also great that you think the video was about Stevie Me (that was a diss) and not about the English media being hacks (which was my point). Edited by JoeWolf990

US "soccer" makes me queasy.

Team France makes me queasy. We got our asses kicked by Brazil 1-3, KB being as usually very consistent in his scoreless performances. Sagna and Evra were ridiculous.

On the other hand props to Mandanda, Sissoko and Varane.

Edited by FrFan

You don't have a salient point to make. 

That ended with 'everywhere else in the World sees Ozil as the best playmaker in the World.'

Hail.

if you are saying this m8, then its clear that I am 100% right. Especially when nearly every venerated football mind agrees. You cant even get Mourinho and Arsene to agree on what time it is, yet they both agree. But go on son, and side with the Phil Nevilles, Alan Hansens, Jamie Redknapps, and Phil Thompson of England.

Team France makes me queasy. We got our asses kicked by Brazil 1-3, KB being as usually very consistent in his scoreless performances. Sagna and Evra were ridiculous.

I don't understand. Out of every national squad that one could assemble, I feel like France will have the most talent among the ranks of their 23. I don't understand why they didn't go further in the World Cup and I don't understand how they can turn up with a result like that to Brazil in a place like Paris, no less. Also, didn't Descahmps just recently sign an extension?

I don't understand. Out of every national squad that one could assemble, I feel like France will have the most talent among the ranks of their 23. I don't understand why they didn't go further in the World Cup and I don't understand how they can turn up with a result like that to Brazil in a place like Paris, no less. Also, didn't Descahmps just recently sign an extension?

they have bottlers on their team.

Still missing a "main man" type to take over.

Sakho play?

What's the view on him in France?

Most I know, aside from future signings, are of the opinion he's the best bet to take over from Gerrard as captain. 

Still up and down in his performances, but getting a lot more consistent now he's settled in England. Not the best with a ball at his feet  :lol:; but a real physical, old school 'they shall not pass' rock who's decent in the air and has good pace and a good football brain. His positional sense has improved tenfold. 

Potential to be a Ron Yeates/ Tommy Smith type leader. 

Hail. 

The problem is located at the top of the french federation, a bunch of amateurs buddies ruling the pros. I give you the best example here: remember Domenech, the worst coach ever. He lost the WC final 2006, usually the loser resigns, he didn't, the FF decided to keep him.

For the record the only thing he could come up with in the interview right after the final: he popped up the question!!! His girlfriend didn't even care to respond !

Then we were eliminated in the 1st round of Euro 2008, a draw vs Romania 0-0, loss vs Italy 2-0, and a huge kick in the ass from the Netherlands 4-1. Guess what happened ? the FF backed him up ! Then came WC 2010 and the ultimate shame (right after Henry's hand) the Knysna rebellion, something never seen before !

You're right we have a lot of individual talents, but no worthy HC, no leadership in this team. When you're so desperate that you have to name KB team captain, you know it's not going to bode well. You're still selecting worthless headcases who think highly of themselves (Sagna, Evra, Nasri, Ben Arfa) and must deal with others who are arrogants. KB and Ribery who are supposed to be leaders bragging about their religion and having sex with a 16 years old hooker. KB saying he feels algerian France is for the sport side.

We need real pros at the FF and a HC with a very strong character, a game plan, and a vision. We were lucky we had a golden generation back in 1998, players who were proud to wear the blue jersey, to sing the national anthem, they never gave up during a game.

Sakho play?

What's the view on him in France?

Most I know, aside from future signings, are of the opinion he's the best bet to take over from Gerrard as captain. 

Still up and down in his performances, but getting a lot more consistent now he's settled in England. Not the best with a ball at his feet  :lol:; but a real physical, old school 'they shall not pass' rock who's decent in the air and has good pace and a good football brain. His positional sense has improved tenfold. 

Potential to be a Ron Yeates/ Tommy Smith type leader. 

Hail. 

He had a 4.5 rating (among the three best), he did the most he could among a hopeless team.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

He had a 4.5 rating (among the three best), he did the most he could among a hopeless team.

I hope that's not out of 10.  :lol:.

What's the general opinion of him with Les Bleus going forward within France?

He's been an easy target for criticism like Mario here, not least from Liverpool fans who should know far better; but he's slowly starting to win more over the more comfortable he gets. 

Hail. 

I hope that's not out of 10.  :lol:.

What's the general opinion of him with Les Bleus going forward within France?

He's been an easy target for criticism like Mario here, not least from Liverpool fans who should know far better; but he's slowly starting to win more over the more comfortable he gets. 

Hail. 

He's still a question mark to me. He's a good guy, he's physical and talented, played very well for PSG, and then he became subpar.

Probably a problem of adapting to a foreign country, and he's also inconsistent. I hope he'll be able to fix these sooner rather than later.

edit: I blame it on his wife, her name is Mazda ! :P

Please sign Lacazette !

Edited by FrFan