Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I really hope Manquillo is rent to own. That kid played fantastic today.

Albeit a friendly, but that back four was outstanding.

He is. 2 year loan with an option to buy after the first. A fullback that can attack AND defend. How novel.

Good performance. Dortmund weren't arsed like but still some great attacking stuff. A continuation from last year. Lovren solid and a Hyppia like threat from set pieces. Coutinho as mercurial as ever. Sterling developing at a frightening pace. Key is keeping Sturridge fit.

Roll on next Sunday.

Hail.

• Like 1

He is. 2 year loan with an option to buy after the first. A fullback that can attack AND defend. How novel.

Good performance. Dortmund weren't arsed like but still some great attacking stuff. A continuation from last year. Lovren solid and a Hyppia like threat from set pieces. Coutinho as mercurial as ever. Sterling developing at a frightening pace. Key is keeping Sturridge fit.

Roll on next Sunday.

Hail.

Can and Hendo contributing on both ends of the pitch as well.  A clear upgrade over Lucas and Allen to help win the midfield.

Lallana can definitely help with that as well. 

Still would like one more striker.  Markovic will contribute on the attack, but I want Wilfried Bony!!!

Haters are going to hate :lol:

• Like 1

What's this local lad talking about on LFC TV that we're shipping Joe Allen to Swansea as part of a "done deal" for Bony!?!?!

Do NOT tease me with that after such a showing!!!

We'll see.

I know it's a pseudo-friendly and all but this team has to start beating big clubs consistently if they are gonna ever get higher than 4th place.

Start today

Don't be so hard on yourself.  Hull City is right up there with the biggest of clubs.

• Like 1

What's this local lad talking about on LFC TV that we're shipping Joe Allen to Swansea as part of a "done deal" for Bony!?!?!

Do NOT tease me with that after such a showing!!! .... .

He also said Lovren was the most comfortable defender he's seen on the ball since Hansen and Lawrenson (stop laughing Sami Hyypia); and Johnson is 'great' going forward.

So I wouldn't take any notice of that dip.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Hull City is right up there with the biggest of clubs.

Hey now lil' bro'.

That was the single biggest win of last season bar none!

They've even extended the Emirates to give the FA Cup it's own personal room. You can walk right around it and all sorts of other fun Cup ****.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Hey now lil' bro'.

That was the single biggest win of last season bar none!

They've even extended the Emirates to give the FA Cup it's own personal room. You can walk right around it and all sorts of other fun Cup ****.

Hail.

I read the same thing.  Senior season ticket holders get a day with the cup, a la hockey players with the Stanley Cup.

It's in the parking lot at Melwood right now waiting to see what BR has up his sleeve.  The smarter Gunners know he's going to move while Wenger is worried about a plate.

• Like 1

I just love the Liverpool fan delusions of this summer. They have their first good season in about 5 years and now they think the 80s are back.

You call it delusional, I call it optimistic…

One of us will be right and one wrong. That's the beauty of sports all speculation in the preseason is either proven or disproven by the play on the field.

2 TROPHIES (Sorta)?? LOL

Ready for the real stuff to start. 

I think this will be a nice moment for Man City to get hungry again. 

Don't fall into this modern day football trap of the Charity Shield (or whatever name it's going under now) meaning nothing more than a glorified friendly. (However piss poorly City treated it today.). 

The Charity Shield always used to be the aim at the start of the season. If you start the year with a day out at Wembley with a chance of silverware, then you've won one of the two major domestic trophy's from the previous year. Keep that as your focus/ aim and you won't go far wrong. 

Congratulations. Didn't look like City were that interested at all on or off the park (what was with all the empty red seats from them? The FA price it sky high as is their normal want?); but at least you gave the trophy it's due respect, took the game seriously, and fully got your deserved reward. 

Nice start to 2014-15 for you continuing where 2013-14 left off. 

At Wembley hoisting silverware. 

Hail. 

*Edit* FWIW, I'd of loved to of been playing in that game today rather than a friendly with Dortmund. Some of us where already planning a trip South for this game against either Arsenal or Hull until we blew the league the last 3 games. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1