Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

yay Orlando City fans embarrass the league again. 

What've they done in the past?  I've heard that Northern Virginia is getting a team in the NASL.

On the Rovers front they've released David "Cracking Shaft" Goodwillie.  They've signed Chris Brown from Doncaster and Luke Varney to a permanent deal.  Neither are all that inspired of signings to me.  Varney didn't look that good last year on loan.  Don't know much of anything of Brown, but he doesn't appear to be a potent striker.  Guess we'll see.

What've they done in the past?  I've heard that Northern Virginia is getting a team in the NASL.

They should be called "Virginia Traffic" and their style of play is to congest the penalty area so you go nowhere for 90 minutes. 

• Like 2

I've heard that Northern Virginia is getting a team in the NASL.

It is supposed to be at One Loudoun in the same stadium as a baseball team, but delays have messed up the funding.

http://www.virginiacavalry.com/

http://www.virginiacavalry.com/update-on-vips-financing-options/

They should be called "Virginia Traffic" and their style of play is to congest the penalty area so you go nowhere for 90 minutes. 

Don't give away the tactics like that.  :angry:

On the Rovers front they've released David "Cracking Shaft" Goodwillie.  They've signed Chris Brown from Doncaster and Luke Varney to a permanent deal.  Neither are all that inspired of signings to me.  Varney didn't look that good last year on loan.  Don't know much of anything of Brown, but he doesn't appear to be a potent striker.  Guess we'll see.

OC antics are well documented.  USL teams hate them ever since they joined.  They came with a arrogant attitude because they came from D2 to D3.  The fan adopted that attitude and treat others like they are below them.  The MLS movement has only made it worse.  Last night is just the icing on the cake.  OC fan need a serious reality check. There were Orlando fans bragging about it on social media starting the whole incident last night(Saying we made you all look like fools) and throwing stuff at police trying to break the whole thing up.  Tampa fans fans absolutely besides themselves with the disrespect.

Yeah I'm not too sure about these kits, guess it has to grow on me with a big Chevy emblem on the front. RR88, how you feel about these kits?

Could be worse. I think the jerseys are ok. Might take some time getting used to the Chevy logo on them LOL

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

It is supposed to be at One Loudoun in the same stadium as a baseball team, but delays have messed up the funding.

http://www.virginiacavalry.com/

http://www.virginiacavalry.com/update-on-vips-financing-options/

Don't give away the tactics like that.  :angry:

Hmmm...

Kits that look like Mancs and a slogan of "Never Ride Alone".

I guess we're just missing "Hey Jude" and manager who has outworn his welcome and we've covered four of the top sides in the BPL.

Seriously, though... someone should tell the ownership group they are mixing bleech and amonia.

What's wrong with the Utd home strip?

I think really they are upset at what's inside of the kits.  After all, that's what counts!

Might take some time getting used to the Chevy logo on them LOL

Watch the picture quoting, brother. :)

• Like 1

I think really they are upset at what's inside of the kits. After all, that's what counts! .....

I have a friend who works for a bank. It was bad enough when he was based up in Skem but now they've moved to the head office he has the 'joys' of a daily commute into Manchester.

The locals apparently aren't enamoured at all at £ 60 million for Herrera and Shaw. And the bidding war for the Portuguese flop is just adding to the apathy.

Great isn't it? Ha ha.

Hail.

• Like 1

The locals apparently aren't enamoured at all at £ 60 million for Herrera and Shaw. And the bidding war for the Portuguese flop is just adding to the apathy.

Great isn't it? Ha ha.

Hail.

Someone came in to my office this morning and saw the Shankley Gates picture on my wall and said "How do you feel about Manchester United offering $55 mil for James Rodriguez". 

I invited him to pull up a chair and talk as I didn't know that he was a fan of any sports (let alone football) and I also didn't know that Monaco were selling James.

Any word on that?  That's 150 million on three players if true.

Rodriguez has made it clear he wants to play in Spain and Spain alone. And honestly, I don't think he'd survive in our league. He'd get kicked to **** and he's only slight to start with.

Rumour is Madrid are ponying up the cash to go in hard (like starting at £ 70 million ponying up); but rest assured there's little to no fear he winds up in England.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Rodriguez has made it clear he wants to play in Spain and Spain alone. And honestly, I don't think he'd survive in our league. He'd get kicked to **** and he's only slight to start with.

Rumour is Madrid are ponying up the cash to go in hard (like starting at £ 70 million ponying up); but rest assured there's little to no fear he winds up in England.

Hail.

Part of why I thouroughly enjoyed Howard Webb calling the Brasil game a couple back.

The fouls that both sides thought they rated... absolutely wouldn't fly in England lol.

BTW, anyone not watching Nats vs Orioles tonight... CSN is showing an encore of DC United's win over Toronto FC and their Championship side.

Very impressive if you didn't see it this weekend.

One of the kids I coach, his family just moved from near Southampton in the UK and he came to a club function decked in his Southampton kit. Feel for the kid, his team just got gutted.

Edited by Elessar78

One of the kids I coach, his family just moved from near Southampton in the UK and he came to a club function decked in his Southampton kit. Feel for the kid, his team just got gutted.

****..... if only one of my sides would get gutted and make a 200% profit on the players.

They will be fine if they have good scouting.  After Lovern they will have 40 plus from LFC alone.

• Like 1

They really do. 

I wonder if they had sell-on clauses for the likes of Bale. Would've been shrewd.

edit:

Bale did have a sell on clause from Soton, for 25% of his transfer fee if he left Spurs BUT Soton were in financial trouble and they waived the sell on fee for £3M in cash (but also reducing the overall transfer fee from £10M down to 8M)
Edited by Elessar78

Yeah, they also produced Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain and Wayne Bridge along with Lallana and Shaw with a number of lesser but servicable players.  I'm sure there are more.  I think Alan Shearer got his start there, too.

That still doesn't mitigate the heartbreak of having a home town lad sold off.  Being a feeder team is a way of survival but it's depressing at times.

Edited by Old Bay

They just skanked us and United for nigh on £ 60 million for three players barely worth half that. Throw in Lovern and that's upwards £ 85 million on 4 guys.

**** them. You reap what you sow and chances are they'll get relegated after this ridiculous money grabbing spree gutting a good thing they had going AND losing their manager.

Plus it's a **** of a long trip that Sky invariably put on a Monday night.

**** Southampton. The Championship are welcome to them.

Hail.

Sky expect Sanchez to be confirmed an Arsenal player this week for 30 million. (Along with Debuchy for 10.). Both deals are reported close to completion.

So that should finalise the Suarez sale anyways.

And as to yesterday's discussion on Utd's new kit; Nike have just announced they're not renewing after this season.

Hail.

They just skanked us and United for nigh on £ 60 million for three players barely worth half that. Throw in Lovern and that's upwards £ 85 million on 4 guys.

**** Southampton. The Championship are welcome to them.

Hail.

are you mad at Southampton the club? Or just that they sold you their players?

are you mad at Southampton the club? Or just that they sold you their players?

I'm not mad at Southampton at all. I'm very disappointed, to be kind, in Liverpool being held to ransom for Lallana; but if Southampton can get the amount of silly money they have then good for them from that prospective.

My point was to Hell with feeling sorry for a club that's openly cashing in, raping buyers blind, and in so doing gutting a very good thing they had going on.

Chances are they'll be back fighting relegation this year and may well drop. All through their own making.

No tears shed here if that happens.

You reap what you sow and apparently the mega money is more important than anything. (And it's not a 'long term security for a smaller club thing' when it's 4 KEY players and maybe more in one window. Then it becomes pure greed. Plain and simple. ). Lovern for one spoke this week on how he was sold on a long term project last summer, only to see manager and key players sold off this to the point he sees little future there. He feels betrayed. (I know, boo hoo a mega rich footballer having his feelings hurt but all relative to what's happening on the South Coast.).

**** them.

Hail.

..... Sidenote I guess Utd is going with adidas or under armor then.

Adidas is the best quality sportswear brand bar none.

REALLY miss them when it comes to L'pool gear (not that I'm big on wearing club colours but the choice would be nice); but Adidas bears the Warrior crap hands down.

Unfortunately, Warrior is Boston based so we're stuck with them.

Hail.

You reap what you sow and apparently the mega money is more important than anything. (And it's not a 'long term security for a smaller club thing' when it's 4 KEY players and maybe more in one window. Then it becomes pure greed. Plain and simple. ). Lovern for one spoke this week on how he was sold on a long term project last summer, only to see manager and key players sold off this to the point he sees little future there. He feels betrayed. (I know, boo hoo a mega rich footballer having his feelings hurt but all relative to what's happening on the South Coast.).

Hail.

To see them selling off so much shows me it's not about balancing their books.  It happens from teams that aren't as financially strong.  I'd agree that they're in to cash in now while they have the chance.  Lower the wage bill and hope to stay in the Premiership and make even more money.  I think that's dangerous, but maybe they think they can play yo yo between the leagues with the parachute payments seemingly continually going up? 

• Like 1

To see them selling off so much shows me it's not about balancing their books.....

'Zackly.

It's greed. Plain and simple.

If they drop, they've gotten exactly what they deserve and what they've brought upon themselves for ripping apart a good thing because they can't see past the £ signs.

Hail.

To see them selling off so much shows me it's not about balancing their books.  It happens from teams that aren't as financially strong.  I'd agree that they're in to cash in now while they have the chance.  Lower the wage bill and hope to stay in the Premiership and make even more money.  I think that's dangerous, but maybe they think they can play yo yo between the leagues with the parachute payments seemingly continually going up? 

Can't really keep players that don't want to stay in this day and age. Contracts be damned.

Adidas is the best quality sportswear brand bar none.

REALLY miss them when it comes to L'pool gear (not that I'm big on wearing club colours but the choice would be nice); but Adidas bears the Warrior crap hands down.

Unfortunately, Warrior is Boston based so we're stuck with them.

Hail.

Every soccer department worker I've run into when looking at cleats always says they don't understand Liverpool with Warrior.  They never suggest Warrior to any of the customers.  It just sits there collecting dust.  I love the Hypervenoms.  It was the only shoe that could pull me away from adidas.