Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

congrats to Liverpool for leaving Arsenal sore in the arse today.

Arteta is just not good enough. Any time a team presses him, he wilts. Jack isnt good enough either. Shame Ramsey is out.

The fullbacks bombing forward caused all the problems in the world, but Monreal is the worst. I have no idea why Gibbs didnt play.

Even still, Arsenal have been starting matches slow since the Everton match in December, so chickens coming home to roost, etc.

Edited by JoeWolf990

Oh he went flat on his backside. March of the Day just had it on the TV.

I can send it to your cell if you'd like. Been doing the rounds all evening.

Hail.

Just saw it! :lol:  Absolutely epic!

I will tell you... if Arsen is any kind of a superstitious man... there was omens all over the place for him today.  And they don't have the best stretch ahead.  To include the Mancs, them Scousers again, and then Bayern.

Sorry in advance to all the Arsenal fans, but I saw this and thought it was funny...

Sorry to kick you when you're down. The Reds looked unbeatable today.

While Pool did look good today, I think that this match really showed the frailities that will keep Arsenal from another trophy this year.

If you look at the goals, the first 2 are straight from Free Kicks - horriffic marking.  The other 3 are directly from counters that Arsenal just couldn't stop.  I would expect any top side to defend much better than that.

On the good side, with this type of play, ManU will never catch the Pool this year.

While Pool did look good today, I think that this match really showed the frailities that will keep Arsenal from another trophy this year.

If you look at the goals, the first 2 are straight from Free Kicks - horriffic marking.  The other 3 are directly from counters that Arsenal just couldn't stop.  I would expect any top side to defend much better than that.

On the good side, with this type of play, ManU will never catch the Pool this year.

I don't disagree with your assessment of Arsenal's flaws. The Reds were definitely buzzing around the pitch. This is a very confident team at Anfield. I think they overwhelmed Arsenal today, much like what they did to Everton. I am excited to see what will happen when Man City and Chelsea come to Merseyside. I feel that Liverpool could have gotten points at both and will want to make a statement against them.

congrats to Liverpool for leaving Arsenal sore in the arse today.

Arteta is just not good enough. Any time a team presses him, he wilts. Jack isnt good enough either. Shame Ramsey is out.

The fullbacks bombing forward caused all the problems in the world, but Monreal is the worst. I have no idea why Gibbs didnt play.

Even still, Arsenal have been starting matches slow since the Everton match in December, so chickens coming home to roost, etc.

Thank you for the magnanimous words.

I'd add Ozil to that list. He's been pretty nonexistent for a few months now and was shocking again yesterday. I don't know if it's tiredness or just a simple lack of form he's going through, but he needs a rest as he's FAR from warranting a start currently. But then there's the problem of both the fee and little else behind him so Wengers caught between a rock and a hard place there.

Arsenal looked lethargic all over the park yesterday. We had ALL the time in the World when we had the ball with no closing down from you at all. Where as we pressed you high up the pitch and when we got possession you just couldn't cope with speed and interchanging up top.

All that said, I fully expect next Sunday to be a TOTALLY different game. A lot will depend on our attitude, and after the complete ass kicking we took earlier in the year at the Emirates I see us setting out for the draw and replay with anything on the break a bonus. And after yesterday's humiliation, Arsenal will be a VERY dangerouslly hurt animal indeed. All things considered, with our woefull record at yours, I'd happily take a draw now and get Arsenal back to a rocking midweek Anfield.

Good luck against Utd. I hope you absolutely muller them Wednesday in a fashion like you suffered yesterday.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Moral being stay clear of Farmer Giles and his yokel inbred mates in places like Yeovil and Swindon.

Happy to of been of help. -:)

Hail.

What really brought home to me just how miserable places like Yeovil are from a football perspective (apart from the joke weather which made the game a farce anyway) - total attendance was just under 8,000. 2,500 of those were Leeds fans. At a 12.45 am kick off hundreds of miles from anywhere with really bad weather and big doubts of whether the game would take place at all we provide 40% of the crowd.

We HAVE to get back to the Premier League.

Just as an exclamation mark my wife looked in part way through the game to see what I swearing at and asked who we were playing. Yeovil. I said. "Who?" She said ....

Edited by MartinC

YearlyGoodAgouti.gif

We normally see two or three of these a game.

I've hashtaged it if you'd like to join me on twitter with it.

#OhHendo

God forbid the game comes down to this boy's ability to kick the ball from the sand and hit the ocean.  That said, his hustle and two way play is second to very few.

I don't disagree with your assessment of Arsenal's flaws. The Reds were definitely buzzing around the pitch. This is a very confident team at Anfield. I think they overwhelmed Arsenal today, much like what they did to Everton. I am excited to see what will happen when Man City and Chelsea come to Merseyside. I feel that Liverpool could have gotten points at both and will want to make a statement against them.

Agree on all.

I also am 50/50 on whether or not we catch Arsenal on the rebound next weekend in the FA Cup.  They'll either be reeling or out for blood.  I suppose we'll know Wednesday evening.

All that said, I fully expect next Sunday to be a TOTALLY different game. A lot will depend on our attitude, and after the complete ass kicking we took earlier in the year at the Emirates I see us setting out for the draw and replay with anything on the break a bonus. And after yesterday's humiliation, Arsenal will be a VERY dangerouslly hurt animal indeed. All things considered, with our woefull record at yours, I'd happily take a draw now and get Arsenal back to a rocking midweek Anfield.

Agreed.  And I think the real story will be how WE fair on Wednesday at the cottage.  We get a big win like this and we play a bottom table side and look like we stayed on the bus.

We need to get 3 out of this next one.  It's essential.

..... Agreed. And I think the real story will be how WE fair on Wednesday at the cottage. We get a big win like this and we play a bottom table side and look like we stayed on the bus.

We need to get 3 out of this next one. It's essential.

Not just get three points, but CONVINCINGLY get three points. No scraping a 1-0. Fulham are abysmal and headed one way. And NO resting players either. Go out there full strength, attacking from the off like Sat'day, get the goals; THEN make key substitutions with Arsenal in mind.

Good luck Fulham today but not expecting anything other than a big Utd win sadly.

Hail.

Not just get three points, but CONVINCINGLY get three points. No scraping a 1-0. Fulham are abysmal and headed one way. And NO resting players either. Go out there full strength, attacking from the off like Sat'day, get the goals; THEN make key substitutions with Arsenal in mind.

Good luck Fulham today but not expecting anything other than a big Utd win sadly.

Hail.

Fulham have brought Ray Wilkins in as first team coach. If nothing else he will have them better organised than they have been.

We normally see two or three of these a game.

I've hashtaged it if you'd like to join me on twitter with it.

#OhHendo

God forbid the game comes down to this boy's ability to kick the ball from the sand and hit the ocean.  That said, his hustle and two way play is second to very few.

I was actually referring to the incredible display Coutinho put on...A couple of beautiful moves and a fantastic pass. He looked like the Coutinho we all know and love yesterday. I have no problem with Hendo missing the occasional goal as long as Sturridge, Suarez and (hopefully) Sterling continue to bang in goals

• Like 1

Well I said Wilkins would have Fulham organised .....and GHH also told you Wilkins would stop Fulham passing the ball forwards .....

Always liked the 'crab.'

Never had any doubts .....

This is like 1991 revisited. Except with the East Lancs flipped. United are now what Liverpool have been for the past two decades. Just a name.

And oh how we're laughing our bollocks off at their cycle ending as they did ours. Couldn't be happening to a more deserving set of ****bags.

July 18 and 31 are dates to pencil in for Utd fans BTW.

Third qualifying round of the Europa Lge. That's presuming City win the Lge Cup and you even sneak in that way. The way it's looking you could well miss Europe entirely.

Good luck attracting anyone of note next summer.

Hail.

• Like 1

Hail.

Obviously I'm a little late to the show today... but how great was Moyes' reaction from the 2nd goal United scored... all but pulling it out of his pants and waiving it at the board and the fans helicopter style... and then with just a touch over 60 seconds left... FULHAM with the equalizer.

:lol:   It was great.  And to think I almost turned on the playstation after United went ahead.  For shame on me.

I was actually referring to the incredible display Coutinho put on...A couple of beautiful moves and a fantastic pass. He looked like the Coutinho we all know and love yesterday. I have no problem with Hendo missing the occasional goal as long as Sturridge, Suarez and (hopefully) Sterling continue to bang in goals

Oh I know.  Coutinho's through ball seems to found it's way out.  The ball to Sturridge was just breath taking.  I woke up my wife right when he hit it because I knew it was a goal when I saw 15 out there with pace. lol.

Okay... no snow in the forecast... I need to find a way out of work on Wednesday to watch the Fulham match.

Hopefully Fulham are worn out after today.

Obviously I'm a little late to the show today... but how great was Moyes' reaction from the 2nd goal United scored... all but pulling it out of his pants and waiving it at the board and the fans helicopter style .....

Not just him. The whole place going nuts like they'd just won the European Cuo. After going in front. At home. To bottom of the table Fulham.

A sign of just how far how quickly they've fallen.

The National phone-ins were hilarious after as well. Not only do they want him sacked, they want Ferguson out of retirement to replace him. You couldn't make this up if you tried.

Our game there in a few weeks is going to be a hoot.

Hail.

• Like 1

Not just him. The whole place going nuts like they'd just won the European Cuo. After going in front. At home. To bottom of the table Fulham.

A sign of just how far how quickly they've fallen.

The National phone-ins were hilarious after as well. Not only do they want him sacked, they want Ferguson out of retirement to replace him. You couldn't make this up if you tried.

Our game there in a few weeks is going to be a hoot.

Hail.

Full disclosure, that's the last game on the sched that I am worried about.  Something about it.  Not sure what yet.  Hopefully Agger is ready to go for that one.

So is there any legitimacy to Sir Alex coming back to coach them or is this just a whining fan base?

Because it's L'pool/ Utd. The biggest game there is. ANYWHERE. And no more hate filled occasion anywhere either. A game where the football is secondary to two City's a mere 35 miles apart yet a MILLION mikes apart in the way we dress, talk, our musical tastes, the whole fricking gambits mutual dislike for one another.

A game where the form book gets ripped up and ANYTHING can happen. I've lost count of the amount of times we've gone there, played them off the park, yet lost the game. The Lge Cup this year the latest example. Even when we dominated in the '70's and '80's, through that glorious 26 year period Utd went with no title, they invariably won the individual games between the two clubs.

You've every right to be nervous ill' Bro'.

But then I was nervous as all Hell before the Derby thinking I'd be happy with a point and look how that turned out. -:)

Hail.

• Like 1

..... So is there any legitimacy to Sir Alex coming back to coach them or is this just a whining fan base?

David Moyes Football Genius should get another year at least. Though if this rolls over and they start next year as bad who knows?

It's just wishful hope that whiskey nose would return. Though it would make a complete mockery of him if he did which would be funny in itself.

BTW Utd fans.

Congrats on passing the 40 point mark.

That should see you safe from relegation so there is that.

Hail.

What really brought home to me just how miserable places like Yeovil are from a football perspective (apart from the joke weather which made the game a farce anyway) - total attendance was just under 8,000. 2,500 of those were Leeds fans. At a 12.45 am kick off hundreds of miles from anywhere with really bad weather and big doubts of whether the game would take place at all we provide 40% of the crowd.

We HAVE to get back to the Premier League.

Just as an exclamation mark my wife looked in part way through the game to see what I swearing at and asked who we were playing. Yeovil. I said. "Who?" She said ....

This season is pretty much the high point of Yeovil's existence.  Cut 'em a little slack. :P

• Like 1