Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Me too man. My threshold was a one goal loss and I still had high hopes. I think we go up two goals at home and maybe give one back resulting in a 2-1 win. that would be crushing

I think the soccer gods owe us one here. We've been screwed out of home field, screwed out games with fan advantage, screwed out a straight up red card today,etc. Soccer gods need to come to RFK and set things right.

Or losing 2-1. I think the 3rd goal sealed our doom. We probably win Sunday, but like 1-0 or 2-1 and lose the aggregate.

exactly what I'm thinking. I have confidence in a win, but not by more than 1 goal. That failed clearance is going to bite us in the ass.

that's what kind of sucks about the aggregate system. it kind of punishes the top seeded team if they play one bad game and then win their home game.

Edited by Skinz4Life12

yep :) Now the just need to sell the rest of the tickets on the quiet side!

also, i really hope it doesn't rain on sunday

---------- Post added November-13th-2012 at 11:16 AM ----------

17k tickets have been sold per DCU twitter.

How many to sell out lower bowl? 19k?

I think alittle more than 19,000. It shows DCU fans still believe. We're gonna need the fans and everything we got. I do think we come back.

My prediction- Houston parks the bus(Everyone forgets that Houston could have very well been knocked out if KC had finished their chances).We get a goal early(Houston continues to park the bus) and another around 65th or so(2-0). Probably have a defensive lapse or something which gives Houston a goal(2-1) and then we score again in the 86th or so(3-1) in dramatic fashion to force extra time. I think both teams will get chances and then we pull it out with a goal in late in the second part of extra time (115th min or so) (4-1)

(win by 1 in aggregate)

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

^^^that would be intense to say the least. If we pull out a win, it will be intense no matter what unless we come out and score four first half goals or something

I only have confidence because this team doesn't give up. They have had their backs against the wall so many times this year and in the playoffs. I think DC might be a buzzsaw getting ready to hit the wood. Think about homefield advantage. LA dropped Seattle like a bad habit in HDC. On paper Seattle had momentum(Finally advancing in the playoffs) and youth. Given LA pulled a shocker on SJ but it looked like it was Seattle's time. Houston is a very different team on the road. Houston's home record is the main reason they made the playoffs. They haven't loss in like 29 games at home. I think if we score in the first 15-20 mins we should feel really good. Houston will buckle under the pressure. They almost fell apart at KC but Sporting scored way too late(75th or something). Score early and they face a raucous crowd. Houston will not be able to handle the DCU crowd if we get a early goal or even just a 1-0 lead at half time.

1-1 Team USA finally scores!!!!

---------- Post added November-14th-2012 at 11:47 AM ----------

........and immediately fouls and gives up a penalty kick goal.........arghhhhhhhh

2-1 Russia

---------- Post added November-14th-2012 at 11:56 AM ----------

In stoppage time Team USA nails the equalizer!!!!

2-2

FINAL

That was big time by the US team. Russia brought the A squad that has been tearing up qualifying and the Euros(I believe it's the same). US was missing Dempsey and Donovan. Russia is a very good squad. That said Goodson needs to go. We have much better options.

Yep, drawing with Russia was big, but like the commentators said, coming out with a draw makes us look better than we were, and were weren't very good.