Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

3 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Gonna be listening to the Derby on my long, slow, snow-filled drive back up to NoVA this afternoon. 

More curious for the 11 than anything.  Would love to see Sturridge get a run but I'm not sure what his fitness is like at the moment.  No rush to get VvD out there, either.

That mad German btard better not **** with the Derby gain! 

No game until a week Sunday City. Full strength tonight and batter these. 

23 years and counting! 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That mad German btard better not **** with the Derby gain! 

No game until a week Sunday City. Full strength tonight and batter these. 

23 years and counting! 

Hail. 

Yeah there's no reason not to give everyone a look.  I think it'll be a strong side with a heavy English flavor. 

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

My personal view would be if Sunderland, a team full of garbage and scrapping for their lives battling relegation are the only option, his development would be far better served continuing to work day-in, day-out with the first team players and coaches at Melwood IMHO. 

Plus he’d get the added the bonus of a run at the Youth Cup and UEFA Youth League whilst he’s still eligible. 

Really? I don't think the benefit of proper competitive football playing at a decent standard can be underestimated. The Championship is a million miles tougher than the Youth Cup. Way more to be learned playing at that level.

If you look at the UK and Ireland's best players at the moment. Kane, Vardy, Alli, Lallana, Delph, Stones, Coleman, Bale, Ramsey etc etc. They all have the same thing in common, learned a lot of their trade in the lower leagues. I don't think that's a coincidence. Even nowadays when young footballers are being thrown thousands of pounds at a stupidly young age I don't think putting them out of their comfort zone and letting them see first hand how things aren't that easy does no harm. 

Sunderland are a big club with high expectations. Seems a pretty great fit for a guy who's anticipated to be the next big thing at a club the size of Liverpool. Also the added bonus that he gets to work with someone like Chris Coleman again who clearly rates him highly and will give him ample opportunities.  

• Like 1

Lingard could be a pretty good complementary piece if he figures out how to pay attention for more than 20 minutes a game, with the odd screamer being an added bonus. Rashford can go to Bournemouth for a team holiday on the south coast. I wouldn't ask for travel to be included on account of it may get them off the negotiation table. 

4 hours ago, Morrison J said:

Really? I don't think the benefit of proper competitive football playing at a decent standard can be underestimated. The Championship is a million miles tougher than the Youth Cup. Way more to be learned playing at that level. .....

The point couldn't f been any clearer so I'm not sure how you completely missed it. 

You can't just loan a player to any club just to play him. It has to be the right club or else it's totally detrimental to his development. 

A club scraping for there lives, who don't play football and are full of ****e, is not that 'right' club. 

Hope that **** Holgate gets ****ed if he's lied about Bobby to cover his own disgraceful assault. 

Like Allardyce said December, you put your hands on someone 
yers run the risk ..... Karma's a **** hey ****house?

Absolutely goosed and more than a little drunk so I'll just say that big Dutch lad ..... Worth every F-ING penny! 

Ending the ****es season. In their Cup Final no less. Doesn't get much better than that! 

th?id=OIP.bF6l3l9-0EPfVf-jPU7_KwHaFa%26p

Hail. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The point couldn't f been any clearer so I'm not sure how you completely missed it. 

You can't just loan a player to any club just to play him. It has to be the right club or else it's totally detrimental to his development. 

A club scraping for there lives, who don't play football and are full of ****e, is not that "right" club.

Dunno why you have to undermine me with every single post but anyway that's besides the point...

I addressed why Sunderland is a fine move for him but you deleted that from what you quoted to suit your point. The football they play isn't even that bad at all either.

Edited by Morrison J

2 hours ago, Morrison J said:

Dunno why you have to undermine me with every single post but anyway that's besides the point...

I addressed why Sunderland is a fine move for him but you deleted that from what you quoted to suit your point. The football they play isn't even that bad at all either.

Just like you chopped down mine to the suited parts to make yours and run with some ridiculous line about the Championship being way tougher than the Youth Cup. Which was the furthest thing from what was said in the post you responded to. 

Hypocrite much mate?

Hail. 

• Haha 2

Now I've had a kip and slept off the ale .....

That was quite the night huh? What made it even better was L'pool being, by Klopp's standards, ****e all over the park. And Everton being, by Allardyce's standards, pretty good and having a real go. Poorest home display the season. Yet for the third game running, this gang of now 17 unbeaten Reds dogged out a win against some of the ****tiest dross the PL has to offer. (Harsh on 7th placed Burnley to lump them in with the yard dogs of Leicester and Everton. But their brand of footie isn't much better.). The only disappointment is the penalty wasn't a clear-cut none penalty. (Just watched Shearer and Murphy's reactions. What a pair of two-faced gob****es. That one never was as footies a contact sport hey Alan? Yet both he and Murphy had Lovren's December as a clear penalty. Nottin' like consistency in your views hey guys?). To play ****e, dog it out against them when they deserved at least a draw, and have it of been a clear no penalty would have narked them off even more. 

Madley was an absolute disgrace. Lost control from the first second. How Rooney stayed on before Hippo Head took him off, to save him walking, was beyond a joke. How Holgate never even got punished for seriously endangering both Firmino and anyone the stand he sent him, let alone didn't walk, just added to his woes. The amount of niggling ****e he let go all game just gave them carte blanche to keep doing it. 

For all the dismal displays, special praise to Andy Robertson who was superb both ends the park. Some of his tattles man. Chamberlain again. Just looks better and better by the passing game. And along with a serious threat the air from set pieces we now have again, we may just have finally found someone that can deliver a boss one to create those for the first time in like forever. His free kicks and corners were superb deliveries. The midfield only got control when Gini came on in a superb cameo. Along with Alex flitting inside. Prior to that, we'd had absolutely none. Lallana had his worst game since the Rodgers days. But it's only his second one back. Can continues to show why nobody's arsed he's not gonna' be here next year. Yet again this year, he leaves an opposition runner from midfield free to score. 

Seems by common consensus Holgate stooped to the lowest of lows to swerve attention away from what should have been a straight red. You don't have to be a lip reader to clearly see there's no N word used. And puta is. Add that to Madley standing in between them, who reported nottin' until he had to when Holgate made his accusation, let alone walk Bobby which he would have done straight off; and Portuguese speakers saying he say's 'Are you crazy? Are you crazy? Son of a ****!', then it looks even worse on the bitter prick. If, as there surely won't be (but you never know after the Suarez/ Evra disgrace), Bobby is completely exonerated, then Holgate wants the book throwing at him. He should get a decent ban for the dangerous, uncalled for push out of play. But to accuse someone of that ..... He wants SERIOUSLY ****ing in that scenario. 

And finally, what can you say about big Virgil? No game since early December. 5 days training here. Steps into the heart of L'pool's biggest and most passionate game of any season. Revved up even more with it being the Cup. And looked what he is. a complete class above. Dominant and organizing at the back. (When was the last time we had a leader like that?). Dominant the opposition box. Should have buried his first header. Made NO mistake the second. All whilst looking so effortlessly doing it. Absolute Rolls Royce of a player. 

THAT was why we paid the money. THAT was why we patiently waited for the best there is around whilst those (foolishly) willing to settle for less repeatedly questioned why there was no alternative brought in. 

To absolutely ruin the L'pool obsessed lives of those oh so loveable Blues with their oh so loveable 'Murderers' chants, after they stickered up a slew of seats the Road End telling us how it's 'Never our fault' and 'where's the justice for the Heysel 39?' ..... 

Yeah, as nights go, that was a pretty frigging boss one!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FA are investigating the incident now.  No one around heard Bobby say anything except Holgate.

The US media had a portuguese lip reader and he said Bobby called Holgate a "****ing crazy son of a ****," and that's it. 

I hope he gets banned.  You need to get banned for racist behavior and you need to get banned for trivializing it by lying.  End of.

Fleetwood really should be up at least 1-0.  Two open headers and a near own goal already not 15' in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How long till Virgil gets the arm band? In the back talking and organizing his first match like he's been there years.

Karius looked a little shaky from time to time, not sure that Pope or Oblak wouldn't be a good summer signing...and, maybe a shot for Ward in the next Cup round depending on the draw.

With you GHH on all you stated. Outside of Virgil, Ox and Robertson put on MOTM displays.

On the replay of the Siggy goal, Can running shoulder to shoulder with him, then just lets him run away. Be nice to let him go now so they can at least get some $ for him.

Madley just a joke. Rooney and Holgate could've both been sent off, and no foul, let alone booking, for tossing Bobby into the stands? Disgraceful. Holgate should get a suspension, not just for the shove, but for bringing false accusations. Trying to deflect attention from what should have been a red card, IMO.

On the LCFC Fleetwood match, how does the referee not give an indirect kick on that almost own goal? Clear intentional back pass he parried away. How do these refs miss those calls? FA must begin holding bad referees accountable. I think Wenger agrees! 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Madley just a joke. Rooney and Holgate could've both been sent off, and no foul, let alone booking, for tossing Bobby into the stands? Disgraceful. Holgate should get a suspension, not just for the shove, but for bringing false accusations. Trying to deflect attention from what should have been a red card, IMO.

On the LCFC Fleetwood match, how does the referee not give an indirect kick on that almost own goal? Clear intentional back pass he parried away. How do these refs miss those calls? FA must begin holding bad referees accountable. I think Wenger agrees! 

Mad how they are swiftly investigating a racism allegation. But seriously endangering a players health and those in the crowd he was sent flying into gets nottin' from them.

The FA all over. 

Hail. 

No **** footing.  It hurts.  He's been my favorite player since we bought him and it's not even close.

But he wants out and he can **** off with the way he left.

Klopp is not stupid.  He has a **** ton of money and three weeks left in the window.  Need AT LEAST two players to bring in before then.

I think 160 mill is crazy money tbh. For me, Coutinho is a brilliant player but not properly elite,top tier. When you think Liverpool paid 8 mill (?) for him it's actually some business.

I don't blame Coutinho at all either. There's no loyalty in football any more and exactly like Van Dijk did already this season, he's forced a move that gives him a better wage and a far better chance of winning trophies. 

When Barca or Real come calling it's a matter of when not if. 

Edited by Morrison J