Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

24 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Is Arlo White for ****ing real?

'This magnificent ground ..... '

Does it really get any better than this?

maxresdefault-17.jpg

Absolutely love this quote.  Shows growth, understanding, relief, pride, and expecation.  The full gambit.

• Thanks 2

Well, that's a massive blow after yesterday's exhilarating finish. Top notch coaches are very hard to find. Even when you have such a stellar coaching group as we currently have, losing such a highly respected one in and out of the football club can't be seen as anything other than a big blow. 

Pep completely shared the manager's vision 
on the club and how football should be played. He's played a MASSIVE role in helping Klopp and his two compadres assimilate to English footie so quickly. He was the perfect bridge between Kirkby and Melwood and it'll hit the younger lads hard from his weekly 'Talent Group' sessions at Melwood et all. 

But fair play 
to him to have the desire to want to branch out and start his own managerial path. Back home in the Netherlands, where most every club survives on the turnover of youth year-on-year, his innovative, total football ideals will be in the perfect place one would have thought. 

Thanks for the last 3 and a half years Pepijn. All the best back home. Nijmegen has got themselves a real bright, innovative coaching mind. And an even better fella'. Real classy departing words that are sincerely appreciated:

Lijnders sends farewell message to LFC players, staff and fans - Liverpool FC

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Christian Heidel tells @SkySportDE that the representatives of Leon Goretzka have informed him “no decision has yet been made regarding the midfielder's future” #S04 #FCBayern

Hail. 

Moral of the story: In transfer news, believe no one, until it's signed, sealed, and delivered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Moral of the story: In transfer news, believe no one, until it's signed, sealed, and delivered.

Nail on head. 

NSFW

Backward town full of inbred wool knobheads: 

Props to Pajak for his composure and not just chinning the meff. 

Outside of Sadio finding the most awesomely sadistic way to ruin Everton's Christmas the other year, I've honestly not enjoyed a winner as much 
since probably the 5-4 at Norwich. 

Among all the glorious attacking footie Klopp's L'pool produce, wracking up goals on teams, you forget just how satisfyingly brilliant hard-fought, close wins can be. 

And to do a Burnley, on Burnley, after their 10 years out of date clobber wearing, sheep shagging bellend support had not only been narking all game at L'pool taking their time/ being physical 
et all (hypocrite much?); to then silence the stereotypical lower league tawdry 'Who are ya? Who are ya?' B/S with the winner ..... It doesn't get ANY better than that as a fan. Just gutted I was doing the NY thing and had to miss. 

Same again Friday Redmen!

Hail. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Paul Joyce just did a story saying Phil thinks he's played his last game in red.

Reading all kinds of nonsense on twitter.

Ugh...

Mahrez and Lemar to Lemar and I.... ****ing hell, Phil.  You won't even be able to play in the knockouts for them you ****.

On 01/01/2018 at 8:44 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Go **** yerselfs FCB! 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Paul Joyce just did a story saying Phil thinks he's played his last game in red.

Reading all kinds of nonsense on twitter.

Ugh...

Mahrez and Lemar to Lemar and I.... ****ing hell, Phil.  You won't even be able to play in the knockouts for them you ****.

Wasn't that one that I linked yesterday was it lil' bro?

People lose their collective **** over anything. He's not leaving in January. End of. 

Hail. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

F off and do one Jamie lad will yer. 

“Best thing @LFC ..... '

In an ideal World, an even better thing the vast majority of the time would 
by for SKY'S controversy **** stirring rent-a-gob****e to swerve commenting on L'pool at all. 

Legend on the park. Absolute cringeworthy embarrassing blert the vast majority of the time off it since he hung up his boots. 

Anyway, as regards this, L'pool shouldn't be 
agreeing anything with FCB this month for a summer sale outside of them making a stupid, unrefusable Neymar-esq offer. We hold ALL the cards here and Barcelona know it. That's why they're so desperate to get this agreed now. And why they've ramped up their media campaign to beyond disgraceful levels. 

DON'T 
agree anything with anyone now for a summer move when we don't have to in any way, shape or form. Let the price on his head keep rising the secnd half the year. Then if he lights up the World Cup, let someone smash the World record if they're that mad to drop such a crazily stupid amount.

Hail. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

:rofl89::rofl89: Evertonians know. Fella's a complete beaut. 

Talking of our bitterly twisted neighbors ..... 

Biggest game of the season. 

In still by far and away the biggest and best straight knock-out Cup competition the World over. 

It doesn't get ANY bigger than that! 

For those of us brought up when the FA Cup really meant something, not least to this City where it's always been extra special, I can't begin to tell you what the Cup means. Getting up dead early on Cup Final Sat'day, watching the
 all day long coverage on the BBC. The players at the hotel, eating their breakie and playing games as you ate yours in yer jammies, The coach ride with them both to Wembley, sat absolutely transfixed regardless of who the two teams were ..... Magical times. Cup Final day was quite simply the single biggest game on the English calendar when the whole Nation came to a standstill. Remembering the street parties the early '80's when Everton brought it home. Silver tin foil replicas peoples windows. Then experiencing the day for the first time first hand against them in '86. Like it was yesterday. 

I've been excessively fortunate to see my team live in 8 FA Cup finals. And I still get that same, childlike rush when it starts all over again every season in the single best footie weekend of the year. The third round the Cup. Topped off this year by pulling Everton. This game has been at the forefront of most everyone's minds here for over a month now. Everton spiraling back down to Earth with absolutely NO attack to speak of after the initial bounce from fat lad? No problem. There's the 3rd Rnd the Cup and 8,000 of them Anfield to look forward to. Liverpool going in the opposite direction and cementing their season objective of retaining that CL spot. Bang in form on a 16 game unbeaten run. Yeah, been nice, but now the REAL biggie is upon us. And this week it's just revved up another notch. There's NO place like this City when it's bouncing to the tune of the football drum. 

7:55 PM tomorrow can't come soon enough. A chance to extend the ****es 23-year and counting stretch without a trophy. In their 'Cup Final' no less. What a way to start the NY! A uniquely Scouse occasion played out in front of the Nation. 

Don't let us down Redmen! We haven't had our name on that glorious arl trophy for FAR too many years now.

Seriously time we rectified that. Starting tomorrow!

Hail. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

OMG Obiang! A howler to beat all howlers!

Son with a matching rifle shot. Won't see two better goals in a match this season. Looked a foul on Lanzini tho.

Two absolute belters as you noted mate. Happily take the draw. Unexpectedly boss result. 

Mo won the African gong then? No real surprise and thoroughly deserved. Well done mate. 

Now **** off home and get Sadio back the plane! 
:ols:

Mad how we'll have 3 of the best 4 African players next year. 

Here's to them all pushing themselves to be the best player the Continent next year too.

Hail. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Long n Left said:

They know that his magical quality will keep them from relegation!

Good for Ben. Get him some quality minutes at the Championship level, can only help his development.

My personal view would be if Sunderland, a team full of garbage and scrapping for their lives battling relegation are the only option, his development would be far better served continuing to work day-in, day-out with the first team players and coaches at Melwood IMHO. 

Unless it’s a footballing side similar to ourselves, who’ll be happy playing him regularly in a role that suits us, I’d rather wait until the summer and reassess then whether we think he’s ready to be more involved or a loan for regular, competitive football is the next step his development.

Plus he’d get the added the bonus of a run at the Youth Cup and UEFA Youth League whilst he’s still eligible. 

Absolutely no rush at all with Ben.

Hail. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gonna be listening to the Derby on my long, slow, snow-filled drive back up to NoVA this afternoon. 

More curious for the 11 than anything.  Would love to see Sturridge get a run but I'm not sure what his fitness is like at the moment.  No rush to get VvD out there, either.

• Like 1